When do you stop saying "Girl"?

I'm 29, I was wondering when do you stop saying "girl" and start saying "woman" when describing a female? I was talking to my wife the other day and said, " yeah this new girl is..blah blah blah". I feel weird saying, "this new woman is...blah blah blah.

I mean once I turn 40 I can't keep saying "girl". Well maybe, Jay-Z does.

Older NTers, what word do you use "Girl" or "Woman" when describing an adult female?

I'm 29, I was wondering when do you stop saying "girl" and start saying "woman" when describing a female? I was talking to my wife the other day and said, " yeah this new girl is..blah blah blah". I feel weird saying, "this new woman is...blah blah blah.

I mean once I turn 40 I can't keep saying "girl". Well maybe, Jay-Z does.

Older NTers, what word do you use "Girl" or "Woman" when describing an adult female?

girl, chick, broad, lady. I feel weird using woman
laugh.gif

IMO the term woman should only be used when describing a girl that fits your prerequisites of being a woman.

IMO the term woman should only be used when describing a girl that fits your prerequisites of being a woman.

I usually use the term "broad" in disdain, i.e. "This dumb broad at work...."
To my married friends I say "your wife" and to my unmarried friends I say "your girl".
"Lady" gets used if she is older than me. "This older lady at the store..."

-J-

I usually use the term "broad" in disdain, i.e. "This dumb broad at work...."
To my married friends I say "your wife" and to my unmarried friends I say "your girl".
"Lady" gets used if she is older than me. "This older lady at the store..."

-J-

Depends who I'm directing obv if it's someone I'm schooling it's: girl, young minded etc and I'm directing a woman with a good head on her shoulders then well seen what I just did there.

Depends who I'm directing obv if it's someone I'm schooling it's: girl, young minded etc and I'm directing a woman with a good head on her shoulders then well seen what I just did there.

females and u can tell they under 30 get called a chick
over 30 they get called lady...unless they come across younger or the setting

any of my boys mains..."ya girl"

im 25

females and u can tell they under 30 get called a chick
over 30 they get called lady...unless they come across younger or the setting

any of my boys mains..."ya girl"

im 25

The only "women" I know are my "woman" and aunties... everything else is a girl or lady usually. Never thought about that till now
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom