When do you stop saying "Girl"?

The only "women" I know are my "woman" and aunties... everything else is a girl or lady usually. Never thought about that till now
grin.gif

I usually just use lady, but every now and then I use girl.

Definitely agreed that using "woman" is weird.

I usually just use lady, but every now and then I use girl.

Definitely agreed that using "woman" is weird.

Originally Posted by JBug88

To my married friends I say "your wife" and to my unmarried friends I say "your girl".
"Lady" gets used if she is older than me. "This older lady at the store..."
ditto to this.
I rarely say woman

in addition..anyone I deem younger than me is referred to as a "girl"

Originally Posted by JBug88

To my married friends I say "your wife" and to my unmarried friends I say "your girl".
"Lady" gets used if she is older than me. "This older lady at the store..."
ditto to this.
I rarely say woman

in addition..anyone I deem younger than me is referred to as a "girl"

I know few young ladies who really earned the right to be called a young lady since they act childish and ignorant. So I call them girl I call respectable and intelligent young ladies young lady as a term of respect

I know few young ladies who really earned the right to be called a young lady since they act childish and ignorant. So I call them girl I call respectable and intelligent young ladies young lady as a term of respect

Originally Posted by frshstunna

lady for older women...girl or chick for anybody else

this. for some reason I feel like saying "lady" or "woman" would be misunderstood as me talking about an older woman and being respectful. It's not like they're saying "this man at my job..." they say "guy."

Be careful with that, you don't want to be telling your wife about the lady at your job who "seems cool but is a bit weird" laughing only to have your wife meet you at work one day and find out that "lady" she THOUGHT was an older woman is really a banging 25 y/o

Originally Posted by frshstunna

lady for older women...girl or chick for anybody else

this. for some reason I feel like saying "lady" or "woman" would be misunderstood as me talking about an older woman and being respectful. It's not like they're saying "this man at my job..." they say "guy."

Be careful with that, you don't want to be telling your wife about the lady at your job who "seems cool but is a bit weird" laughing only to have your wife meet you at work one day and find out that "lady" she THOUGHT was an older woman is really a banging 25 y/o

Back
Top Bottom