When it comes to scoring Durant > All

I had this argument after Charles Barkley repeatedly said "Melo is the best scorer" on TNT. Kenny Smith clarified that Melo scores "theeasiest."
I think Kobe is clearly the best scorer in the game. I think Durant is still behind him and Melo until he can consistently get to the basket and doesn'thave to rely on perimeter buckets (better guard play would help him out a lot).

Beasley isn't all that far behind as far as getting buckets and making it look easy, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

In 2-3 years your post title will be true. Especially after he goes to the Knicks.
lebron-james12.jpg

Carmelo Anthony is the best scorer in the League. And he has the best skill-set to boot.

I really don't see how someone would say otherwise.

What CAN'T he do?

Complete package offensively.

Yes, better than you're beloved Kobe.

I really don't see how it could be argued any other way.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

What do y'all think about this statement

Work on his game and get even better the next few years plus put some muscle on. With his size and his long range shot already the goods there ain't a D in the NBA thats gonna be able to stop him

He's only 20
sick.gif

ding ding ding... he plays like jamal crawford(but taller)...only if he gets more muscle on him he;ll be unstoppable..... I can see kevin with MVPconsideration in like 2-3 yrs or so... he needs a good trainer

Originally Posted by dreClark

Carmelo Anthony is the best scorer in the League. And he has the best skill-set to boot.

What CAN'T he do?

ohwell.gif
i'm not getting how Melo is the best scorer when he only averaged 22.8ppg this season on 44.3% shooting.

lol at "i don't see how it could be argued any other way"... yeah, none of the many swingmen who scored more and shot better than Carmelo have anargument at all.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by dreClark

What CAN'T he do?

ohwell.gif
i'm not getting how Melo is the best scorer when he only averaged 22.8ppg this season on 44.3% shooting.

lol at "i don't see how it could be argued any other way"... yeah, none of the many swingmen who scored more and shot better than Carmelo have an argument at all.
eyes.gif
You do know he had an elbow injury that completely messed up his jumper?

Melo can do it all.
pimp.gif

melo maybe hasn't been consistent in the past but when he's on, HE'S ON. when that happens, i have no doubt that he's the best scorer in theleague. i can't wait for a nuggets lakers wcf just to see kobe and melo battle it out

Originally Posted by nismotl

melo maybe hasn't been consistent in the past but when he's on, HE'S ON. when that happens, i have no doubt that he's the best scorer in the league.

the best scorer in the league IS consistent.

melo belongs on a 'players you dont want to find a rhythm' list

though a 'Players You Dont Want to Find a Rhythm' thread seems intruiging. but im not going to bother starting one
laugh.gif

what do you guys mean the best scorer or scores the easiest? if someone was the best scorer in the game wouldnt they be the PPG leader? explain

honestly ...durant and melo are up there with scorers...but Gilbert Arenas is still a scorer that no D can stop.

Watching clips of him torching everyone...man i hope he comes back from injury stronger than ever.

scoring list: james, bryant, durant, arenas *, mac *, roy **, Joe J **

as for Melo, we know he can score, its a matter of consistency

* when healthy

** future

Originally Posted by belle155

what do you guys mean the best scorer or scores the easiest? if someone was the best scorer in the game wouldnt they be the PPG leader? explain

No not entirely. The PPG leaders (Kobe, Bron, Wade) all have the entire offense run through them and are the odds on favorite to be the scoring leader fortheir team every game. Melo on the other hand doesnt have the offense run through him for the most part but when it does go to him he is more than likely goingto score. His avg is only 40 something percent because he trys to rely on his jumper because the lack of resepct he gets from refs where he gets hackedeverytime down low but doesnt gets calls like the big 3. If you watch Melo the way he scores is just so effortless.

KD already my favorite player along with T-mac
pimp.gif

He's definitely gonna lead the league in scoring a couple of times. The offensive game is so smooth. Kind of reminds me of T-mac.

Not yet but soon he will be. He is like a smaller version of Dirk Nowitzki except with the true athleticism of a guard. He'll always be the walking matchupnightmare that Dirk is but he has the potential to do more in his scoring arsenal due to his athleticism, explosiveness and smaller size. He could be adangerous threat in the high post if he improves his passing

Not yet, but he's right up there with the best in the League ALREADY.

It hurts that he doesn't have many options on his teams to alleviate some of the pressure to score. If he had another good scorer next to him he'd beeven better because then they'd have to focus on the other player as well. See Carmelo and Chauncey.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by belle155

No not entirely. The PPG leaders (Kobe, Bron, Wade) all have the entire offense run through them and are the odds on favorite to be the scoring leader for their team every game. Melo on the other hand doesnt have the offense run through him for the most part but when it does go to him he is more than likely going to score. His avg is only 40 something percent because he trys to rely on his jumper because the lack of resepct he gets from refs where he gets hacked everytime down low but doesnt gets calls like the big 3. If you watch Melo the way he scores is just so effortless.

K dude,
the reason these teams run through the big three is because of their offensive talent and efficiency. These players consistenly make the right offensive movesand therefor get the benifit on most calls. I have seen melo bangin down low, (pause) and honestly he plays hard and physical but its kinda sloppy, he getsblocked with ease cause he just goes straight up once he gets the rebound and its too predictable. ( i kno this is what they teach u but u gotta do more inthe nba)

Its funny but i notice refs will often choose to "no-call" in situations where the offensive player looks like he really had no chance in the firstplace of getting the bucket. Its definetly frusturating especially watching young rooks on ur team make the RIGHT moves for the situation and get no love fromthe refs.

Melo's a great offensive talent...but so is paul pierce.. talk about scoring without breaking a sweat that guy moves in slow mo.

Back
Top Bottom