When someone says...

MON5T3R

formerly cant nobody stop me
"Im not really feeling it but it will probably grow on me." Or something along these lines does that pretty much translate to the music sucks but I will force myself to like it because im a stan? I dont understand how something can grow on you, either you like it or you dont.

thats what i get from it... i been sayin that since relapse started growing on everybody
smh.gif

enh not so much for Me. I know some songs I might not feel for real or like on the first listen cuz Im in My room on a laptop bumpin it. but put Me in a setting like a car with some sounds or the club when I had a few drinks, I might catch the vibe then that I didnt catch earlier and start feelin it. so I wouldnt say its "stanish" at all, music just doesnt always grasp ur attention the first go around.

yea but how often does $$*$ actually grow on u?

i see that $$*$ way too often on nt for it to not be stanishness...

When I say it, it just means the song has potential to grow on me. Im not gonna force myself to like anything... If its good its good, if not, then move on. Sometimes the song ends up growing on me, other times it doesn't. When I say it, it just means it has potential.

honestly not often. but it does happen. and so much unexplainable isht happens on NT so I cant speak for the others. I just know for Myself I might not necessarily feel a song on the first listen, but I could eventually rock with it later after a couple listens. an example is T.I. "whatever u like". I was like 
eyes.gif
 when it first came out and aint too much mess with it, fast forward to times hearin it around the campus and at parties its not that bad of a song. wouldnt necessarily bump it for My own private listening pleasure but it slowly became tolerable to Me.

Stuff can grow on you if you look past what you think is bad about it and find something you like. For me that's how I began to appreciate Gucci Mane, I used to hate him but then I looked past his lyrics and focused more on his production and realized he aint that bad. Now !%!% like Lil B and all his stans here on NT and Twitter baffles the hell outta me

Also some people are sheep who show a blind love/hate for something just cuz everyone else is doing it at the time. Yall know damn well there will be a ton of dudes bumping Drakes CD once they play it in their cars.

Umm that's a pretty dumb assessment. Multiple listens expose nuances in the beat as well as gives you more time to digest the lyrics. There's been hundreds of songs in every genre that I know for fact did not excite me on first listen but I eventually ended up loving. It's you people who take this Ebert and Roper super critical approach to music that are the problem, coming with a predisposition of hate and judging off one quick listen. More worried about giving your opinion than exploring what you're listening.

I might have came off a little strong but the reason I said stan was because most of the time I have seen someone say this is when its about the mediocre or let down albums/mixtapes from their favorite artists. Ive seen it too many times with Jays, Ems, Waynes (just some examples) newer music where its just not good music compared to their earlier work and these people force themselves to like it just because of the name of the artist. If these songs were made by some no name artist or some one they didnt like you think they would allow the songs to grow on them? I think they would just say the songs are bad and never listen to it again. I mean of course sometimes you need a couple of listens to really appreciate the song or decipher the meaning of a lyric, im not denying that but like TIME said people on here say it all the time when it comes to their favorite artists its like they are forcing themselves to like the songs because of who the artist is.

you're right but it goes both ways. from my experiences, i'd guess that more than 50% of people out there aren't even "listening" to music to begin with. when i say listening i mean actively processing what's coming out of their speakers.

yea sometimes people don't like what they're hearing but say they do just because for what ever reason they're drawn to that artist. but it goes both ways, a lot of people will hear something but because they got preconceived notions about it or it's unfamiliar to them, they're aren't going to listen to it honestly and no matter what they're gonna dislike it.

on the flipside, if you listen to something once, particularly an album, and formulate an opinion on it, that opinion holds zero weight with me. if you hear a professional piece of music for the third or fourth time the same as when you listened to it your first time, you pretty much suck at listening to music, unless your musical intelligence is abnormally high and you just have the capacity to simultaneously hear everything that's going on upon first listen.

Back
Top Bottom