When was the last time people were actually happy with JB?

Olympic 7's, 2004 release was the last time i was truly happy with anything they did. That was a very spot on release, then the 13's came out that fall/winter and started a trend of limited BS Lifestyle colors and easy creasing shoes.

Olympic 7's, 2004 release was the last time i was truly happy with anything they did. That was a very spot on release, then the 13's came out that fall/winter and started a trend of limited BS Lifestyle colors and easy creasing shoes.

when xi's, v, vi, vii's, and xii retros use to cost $125-130 and when III-IV retros use to cost $100-110.

u hypebeast drove the price up. a jordan III should never cost the same as a jordan XIV

Ya'll here 3 OG XII set to return in summer 2012 . . . JB really made me happy . . . . XII are my all time favs behind XIII

Ya'll here 3 OG XII set to return in summer 2012 . . . JB really made me happy . . . . XII are my all time favs behind XIII

Originally Posted by Josh311

. If Nike wanted to make these shoes just like they were during their original release they most certainly could. And I can promise you would be paying $250 plus for the higher quality and it would price a lot of people out.
Has it ever occured to you  that JB is a greedy company and would just give that excuse. They're not making them like the older pairs simply because they have an exploitable market that eats anything that JB puts in front of them. And I'm not talking about us, collectors. I'm talking about that HS kid who doesn't know how good the quality was and who is content with the current stuff. These kind of kids don't collect shoes, they just beat pair after pair and don't care about the shoe's history or even that it came out originally. When Shadow X's dropped in the CDP, how many of these kids do you think knew that that cw had dropped already? I went to school with people like this who I asked on purpose to see if they knew and they had no idea what I was talking about. So my point is that even if every collector stopped buying Jordans, there'd be one of the kids waiting behind them and who would cop on RD.

We all love these shoes, but one day when there are no more retros the quality of the retros now won't seem so bad. You have choices on where you can spend your money

JB is kind of making this date come sooner by releasing so many of their classic cws this year. If they waited on dropping shoes like Black/ Cement IIIs, Metallic Silver Vs, or Cardinal VIIs, then they could increase the demand on them and they could release them at a later date. Retros are released way too soon these days and it kind of kills it. Cardinals last dropped in 06 and then come out five years later, where as WC IIIs last came out in 03 and dropped this year. The WC IIIs were retroed at the correct time meaning that JB waited the appropriate amount of time between retroes to maximize demand. So my point here is that JB is making their downfall date come sooner by releasing these classic cws so frequently because demand is killed and doesn't have a chance to build up. MAYBE JB is trying to cash in now, before the demand goes away. And I wouldn't doubt this simply from seeing how many of the classic cws are dropping this year.

Complaining and posting here is a great outlet and I don't know if the right people read the posts here but if you really want to be heard, stop spending your money on anything they throw at you. The bottom line shrinks, the more interested the people who say no and cut costs will begin to listen

Again, COLLECTORS ARE NOT THE MAIN CONSUMER OF JORDANS....refer to my first response in the quote for more. JB is a greedy company who is lowering quality simply because they CAN. What I mean is that by lowering quality, production costs are lower and thus they make more profit. They are taking advantage of the exploitable market in front of them and they have full control. IMO quality will never improve, because this exploitable market is too stubborn and uneducated in the issues at hand to stop from buying JB products. If a large amount of collectors tell their stores about these issues, then they will relay that back to JB, but unless this exploitable market disappears, even if JB knew about the issues, they wouldn't stop BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE NO REASON TO.....If the people buy no matter what, then why raise quality and give away profit. That's JB's mentality right now. They didn't used to be this way. They actually used to care about their reputation and provided quality products to the consumer whether the products were played in or not, but once they realized that they could lower quality and sales would still occur, they took full advantage of the situation and we are in the situation that we are in. IF YOU WANT TO PROVE ME WRONG ABOUT COLLECTORS NOT BEING THE MAIN CONSUMER OF JORDANS THEN WHY DON'T WE MAKE A THREAD ADDRESSING THE QUALITY ISSUES OF EVERY MODEL AND THEIR RETROS AND THEN SOMEONE COULD SEND IT TO JB AND THEY'LL KNOW HOW WE FEEL AND POSSIBLY WILL CHANGE..........I think we should do this regardless if it will work or not simply so JB knows the issues at hand and is aware of how we feel.  

We could just restart this thread in a more organized way....We could make the initial post like with sections for different models....A very high up head like ijapino or something could do the initial post just so it has statements that are for sure true and so it could be organized in a sensible way.
[url=http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/9200077/examples---decline--quality--Jordan-retros#reply-9200077]http://niketalk.yuku.com/...dan-retros#reply-9200077[/url]

Even if every person boycotted Jordans, would JB know what to do to make people buy them again? I don't think they know the issues that we keep bringing up. Thats why I suggested making that thread which would clearly address each and every Jordan signature model.

HERE IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF A SUCCESSFUL QUALITY COMPLAINT THREAD (go to page 1 and check out what the dude said about Agassis)
http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/1038...REALLY---performance-wise--OGs#reply-10389223

THIS QUOTE GETS ME EVERY TIME (USER HAD 12K POSTS, WALLYHOPP)
One article/video that I will never forget is one where these guys cut a Nike Air 180 runner OG in half, along with a retro. Forefoot air was totally missing out of the retro. It's just crazy what they are getting past us.

Originally Posted by Josh311

. If Nike wanted to make these shoes just like they were during their original release they most certainly could. And I can promise you would be paying $250 plus for the higher quality and it would price a lot of people out.
Has it ever occured to you  that JB is a greedy company and would just give that excuse. They're not making them like the older pairs simply because they have an exploitable market that eats anything that JB puts in front of them. And I'm not talking about us, collectors. I'm talking about that HS kid who doesn't know how good the quality was and who is content with the current stuff. These kind of kids don't collect shoes, they just beat pair after pair and don't care about the shoe's history or even that it came out originally. When Shadow X's dropped in the CDP, how many of these kids do you think knew that that cw had dropped already? I went to school with people like this who I asked on purpose to see if they knew and they had no idea what I was talking about. So my point is that even if every collector stopped buying Jordans, there'd be one of the kids waiting behind them and who would cop on RD.

We all love these shoes, but one day when there are no more retros the quality of the retros now won't seem so bad. You have choices on where you can spend your money

JB is kind of making this date come sooner by releasing so many of their classic cws this year. If they waited on dropping shoes like Black/ Cement IIIs, Metallic Silver Vs, or Cardinal VIIs, then they could increase the demand on them and they could release them at a later date. Retros are released way too soon these days and it kind of kills it. Cardinals last dropped in 06 and then come out five years later, where as WC IIIs last came out in 03 and dropped this year. The WC IIIs were retroed at the correct time meaning that JB waited the appropriate amount of time between retroes to maximize demand. So my point here is that JB is making their downfall date come sooner by releasing these classic cws so frequently because demand is killed and doesn't have a chance to build up. MAYBE JB is trying to cash in now, before the demand goes away. And I wouldn't doubt this simply from seeing how many of the classic cws are dropping this year.

Complaining and posting here is a great outlet and I don't know if the right people read the posts here but if you really want to be heard, stop spending your money on anything they throw at you. The bottom line shrinks, the more interested the people who say no and cut costs will begin to listen

Again, COLLECTORS ARE NOT THE MAIN CONSUMER OF JORDANS....refer to my first response in the quote for more. JB is a greedy company who is lowering quality simply because they CAN. What I mean is that by lowering quality, production costs are lower and thus they make more profit. They are taking advantage of the exploitable market in front of them and they have full control. IMO quality will never improve, because this exploitable market is too stubborn and uneducated in the issues at hand to stop from buying JB products. If a large amount of collectors tell their stores about these issues, then they will relay that back to JB, but unless this exploitable market disappears, even if JB knew about the issues, they wouldn't stop BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE NO REASON TO.....If the people buy no matter what, then why raise quality and give away profit. That's JB's mentality right now. They didn't used to be this way. They actually used to care about their reputation and provided quality products to the consumer whether the products were played in or not, but once they realized that they could lower quality and sales would still occur, they took full advantage of the situation and we are in the situation that we are in. IF YOU WANT TO PROVE ME WRONG ABOUT COLLECTORS NOT BEING THE MAIN CONSUMER OF JORDANS THEN WHY DON'T WE MAKE A THREAD ADDRESSING THE QUALITY ISSUES OF EVERY MODEL AND THEIR RETROS AND THEN SOMEONE COULD SEND IT TO JB AND THEY'LL KNOW HOW WE FEEL AND POSSIBLY WILL CHANGE..........I think we should do this regardless if it will work or not simply so JB knows the issues at hand and is aware of how we feel.  

We could just restart this thread in a more organized way....We could make the initial post like with sections for different models....A very high up head like ijapino or something could do the initial post just so it has statements that are for sure true and so it could be organized in a sensible way.
[url=http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/9200077/examples---decline--quality--Jordan-retros#reply-9200077]http://niketalk.yuku.com/...dan-retros#reply-9200077[/url]

Even if every person boycotted Jordans, would JB know what to do to make people buy them again? I don't think they know the issues that we keep bringing up. Thats why I suggested making that thread which would clearly address each and every Jordan signature model.

HERE IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF A SUCCESSFUL QUALITY COMPLAINT THREAD (go to page 1 and check out what the dude said about Agassis)
http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/1038...REALLY---performance-wise--OGs#reply-10389223

THIS QUOTE GETS ME EVERY TIME (USER HAD 12K POSTS, WALLYHOPP)
One article/video that I will never forget is one where these guys cut a Nike Air 180 runner OG in half, along with a retro. Forefoot air was totally missing out of the retro. It's just crazy what they are getting past us.

when MJ played and i was just 11-12 years old and if i remember right they would release 3 pairs a year for the shoe. like example they would release the og color white base black red then during the all star they would release the alstar pair and then come playoff they release the playoff color. 12s were the only pair i got my mom to buy 2 pairs cuz i beat them to the ground. the taxis then the playoff. also when the shoes were made to play basketball.

when MJ played and i was just 11-12 years old and if i remember right they would release 3 pairs a year for the shoe. like example they would release the og color white base black red then during the all star they would release the alstar pair and then come playoff they release the playoff color. 12s were the only pair i got my mom to buy 2 pairs cuz i beat them to the ground. the taxis then the playoff. also when the shoes were made to play basketball.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

LOL at this dude contradicting himself 
roll.gif
 how you gonna drop all that hate and complain about the price and then say you bought 3 packs? this is why JB wins.
this pretty much sums up this whole topic. we aren't gonna like everything they drop and in the end we will most likely get the shoes. they dropped some gems lately so no complaints..

Wasnt trying to come off as hateful.

And dont lie if you had a chance at 3 packs when these dropped you would have copped too.

If you're happy with the packs you bought, great. But that's not the point dude was trying to make....your list of complaints come off as a contradiction when you basically knock all quality standards that JB put forth in the DMP XI/VI pack including the price.

Then you say if the guy had a chance at 3 packs when they first dropped how he probably would've copped too........I'm sure somewhere, some Nike/JB rep is reading your first reply and laughing...no offense.
grin.gif

Im not denying that I contradicted myself by purchasing. But I am human and contradiction is part of the human element. Anyone who says they have never contradicted themselves is a liar, plain and simple.

Usually when I have complaints about quality or price I dont buy. But when XIs are in the picture my mind goes blank and I Just cant resist the urge to buy a pair or three regardless of color, comfort or quality. I am aware that I am part of the problem and only contributing to JBs poor standards. They know that the XI is their cash cow and will always sell out(I know this too so I always buy them on RD) regardless of how well or poorly it is constructed. Im only reinforcing this notion by purchasing. Because I purchased last time JB is going to try to lower quality and raise prices next release and so on.  

Im a go against the grain kind of guy,  so I had to talk about the DMPs because as much as I like them (8/10 imo) I think they are overrated.

People talk about these shoes like they are the second coming of Christ.

They arent.

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

LOL at this dude contradicting himself 
roll.gif
 how you gonna drop all that hate and complain about the price and then say you bought 3 packs? this is why JB wins.
this pretty much sums up this whole topic. we aren't gonna like everything they drop and in the end we will most likely get the shoes. they dropped some gems lately so no complaints..

And dont lie if you had a chance at 3 packs when these dropped you would have copped too.

If you're happy with the packs you bought, great. But that's not the point dude was trying to make....your list of complaints come off as a contradiction when you basically knock all quality standards that JB put forth in the DMP XI/VI pack including the price.

Then you say if the guy had a chance at 3 packs when they first dropped how he probably would've copped too........I'm sure somewhere, some Nike/JB rep is reading your first reply and laughing...no offense.
grin.gif

Im not denying that I contradicted myself by purchasing. But I am human and contradiction is part of the human element. Anyone who says they have never contradicted themselves is a liar, plain and simple.

Usually when I have complaints about quality or price I dont buy. But when XIs are in the picture my mind goes blank and I Just cant resist the urge to buy a pair or three regardless of color, comfort or quality. I am aware that I am part of the problem and only contributing to JBs poor standards. They know that the XI is their cash cow and will always sell out(I know this too so I always buy them on RD) regardless of how well or poorly it is constructed. Im only reinforcing this notion by purchasing. Because I purchased last time JB is going to try to lower quality and raise prices next release and so on.  

Im a go against the grain kind of guy,  so I had to talk about the DMPs because as much as I like them (8/10 imo) I think they are overrated.

They arent.

grin.gif

They arent.

please excuse me, sounded like a total jerk.. but still, its what i've been preaching to people on and off the internet about jordans in general. if you really like the shoe, go for it, no matter the price or quality or hype around it. been hearing a lot more complaing on niketalk lately and it grew over the years, yet people still buy into the whole JB thing.. its just like when people hate on certain music artists and talk reckless like they know the person and they got 1000 of their songs on their iPod and know all the lyrics *wiz and currensy fans* *ahem*. all i'm saying is be true to yourself. if you really hated so many aspects of a shoe so damn much then why drop 310 plus tax on 3 pairs!? just saying..
with that being said if i had the extra funds i would have done the same, knowing there might be some things about the shoe i didn't like, but overall i know that i wouldn't regret the purchase. i completely understand why you said what you said, because "quality" and being "true to the OG colorway/standards" aren't always there when retros/expensive rare limited BS drops, but in the end who is really the foolish one, the people that drop gems for the masses or the ones that complain and still buy..

no disrespect to anyone sorry if offended..

grin.gif

They arent.

please excuse me, sounded like a total jerk.. but still, its what i've been preaching to people on and off the internet about jordans in general. if you really like the shoe, go for it, no matter the price or quality or hype around it. been hearing a lot more complaing on niketalk lately and it grew over the years, yet people still buy into the whole JB thing.. its just like when people hate on certain music artists and talk reckless like they know the person and they got 1000 of their songs on their iPod and know all the lyrics *wiz and currensy fans* *ahem*. all i'm saying is be true to yourself. if you really hated so many aspects of a shoe so damn much then why drop 310 plus tax on 3 pairs!? just saying..
with that being said if i had the extra funds i would have done the same, knowing there might be some things about the shoe i didn't like, but overall i know that i wouldn't regret the purchase. i completely understand why you said what you said, because "quality" and being "true to the OG colorway/standards" aren't always there when retros/expensive rare limited BS drops, but in the end who is really the foolish one, the people that drop gems for the masses or the ones that complain and still buy..

no disrespect to anyone sorry if offended..

I've been happy lately. I wish they weren't dropping so much heat at once, and the prices were a little lower, and the build quality was a little higher.....but they are releasing straight fire all year long now, not like when I get in to the game around '98/'99. XI's dropping annually now, XII's dropping 2 years apart (saving the best (playoffs and taxis)) for after everyone wore out, or got tired of the raising suns, flu games, blk/columbia, and wht/red). I've regretted missing a couple pick ups, but all this fire is keeping resale prices down, so I am able to cop things once I save $20-50 more than MSRP (which can often be less than the at the door price from NDC).

Bin II's
MS VI

I've been happy lately. I wish they weren't dropping so much heat at once, and the prices were a little lower, and the build quality was a little higher.....but they are releasing straight fire all year long now, not like when I get in to the game around '98/'99. XI's dropping annually now, XII's dropping 2 years apart (saving the best (playoffs and taxis)) for after everyone wore out, or got tired of the raising suns, flu games, blk/columbia, and wht/red). I've regretted missing a couple pick ups, but all this fire is keeping resale prices down, so I am able to cop things once I save $20-50 more than MSRP (which can often be less than the at the door price from NDC).

Bin II's
MS VI

Back
Top Bottom