When will The Nike Air Exoskeleton be retro'd ? ?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Well, my man. I can't agree with you. I'm 2 years your elder and I never called the SC Trainer Sesame Streets. It's always been Bo's or Auburn's. As for the Zoom Flights we Seattlites know them as Gloves. It may be a territory thing similar to peoples preference of Forces vs. Uptowns when referring to Air Force 1's.

As for retroing the Zoom Flight I'm with you. As mentioned, the question comes up every now and then. People thought for sure it would happen when GP was rocking the PE's in Miami but they never surfaced......aside from the family and friend pairs.
grin.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
I won't do it....

OP - We all know/knew what you meant by Exoskeleton.

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

P.S These will BOMB if retroed. Maybe as a outlet exclusive.

I think the appeal on these would probably be quite limited.. but the way Nike are these days, new shoes or old, they don't seem to care as long as
they get their $$$ from the retailer.

If they did these right, i'd pay retail for them. By right, i mean a PROPER shank plate, not a piece of plastic with a sticker on it.
Wishful thinking perhaps.

Yea, I honestly don't think these would do well if Nike were to retro these... I wouldn't mind seeing the GP IV's with the foamposite retroed sometime soon...

But I do remember that on some models with the "Exoskeleton" that you were able to interchange the outer skin...

I remember the GP III, Pippen V, and Jason Kidd's sig all came with a removable skin that could be interchanged...

Eastbay even sold the skins separately...

^word all them kicks where like that. O remember as a broke hs kid wanting to get the kidds and a bunch of different skins. But again I was broke
laugh.gif

They actually had skins back in the day on NikeID as well. I'm hoping they retro these as well, my OG's are effed. 

However, there are pairs that float around on eBay every now and then that don't cost much.

i remember wanting these as a kid just because i thought it was coo how you could change the skin on em. too bad i was too busy buying jays instead because theyll probably never be retro'd

I really hope these get retro'd... I saw a pair on eBay not too long ago and they went for cheap. Pissed because I missed the final bid.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

They actually had skins back in the day on NikeID as well. I'm hoping they retro these as well, my OG's are effed. 

However, there are pairs that float around on eBay every now and then that don't cost much.
I remember the skins being on NikeID, that was such an underrated concept

Lol... forgot about the MORF's...
zoomkidd2.jpg
zoomkidd2morf.jpg

Was the outsole attached to the shroud and did the shoe itself work (performance wise)?  I remember Nike making a tennis shoe with a replaceable outsole... total failure.  The traction was poor, the stability was bad and the part where you attached the outsole to the shoe always made this squeaking sound.  

The bootie had forefoot zoom and heel air with a nylon grip outsole. It clinged to the inside of the shroud which was a skin, treaded bottom sole and and zipper.

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Yea, I honestly don't think these would do well if Nike were to retro these... I wouldn't mind seeing the GP IV's with the foamposite retroed sometime soon...

But I do remember that on some models with the "Exoskeleton" that you were able to interchange the outer skin...

I remember the GP III, Pippen V, and Jason Kidd's sig all came with a removable skin that could be interchanged...

Eastbay even sold the skins separately...
yeah cause if you had the inner shoe, they outer shoe was the signature of the player. like the pippens were heavier than the kids

I don't think they would do that bad at retail, if retroed
After all the zoom flight club did decently.......given they flooded the market with a ton of colorways and PE's.
I still say any OG colorway would do well.

As far as the nicnkame goes..............hell why not call them the "Monkey Paws".

Oh wow, I remember these...those Kidds were pretty fire too. When I was younger, I wanted to get the outer skin; it cost like $20 at footlocker.

o man those bring back memories i would love a pair, n me and my friends always just called them the gloves, i thought thats what they were called

Originally Posted by dakid2301

First all Swingshot you are right that is the correct name! And Killuminati m not tryin to be rude but I had these back in the days im 29 years old pushing 30 and when you zip them down on the inside it says Exoskeleton! So alot of people from back in the days called them that at least people my age! So you correct me if im wrong LOL! Its no diffrent from new school collectors calling the Bo Jackson retros the Auburn Joints. Back in the days we called them the Sesame Street Bos because he was wearing them on Sesame Street! So all in all please dont try to make me sound stupid!
LOL WUT? The inside doesn't say "exoskeleton" buddy.  One side reads "exoskeletal" and the other side reads "1.5" and "articulation."  Are you going to tell me you and your boys actually called it the Nike Air Exoskeletal 1.5 Articulations.  I'm the same age as you and no one called these the exoskeletons.  They were the Air Zoom Flight's and commonly called the Gloves, followed by the knock downs called the Son of Gloves. Do you see where this is going?  Not to mention the name given to the exoskeleton by Nike was monkey paw and was used on a couple different pairs.

I think since they plan on doing a retro for Gary Paytons the Glove I think they definitely need to do the Jason Kidd Nike air Zoom plus the color way and shoe look way better! Come on NIKE!!!
eek.gif

3 pages & no one saw this? http://niketalk.yuku.com/...5/The-Glove-October-2012

In any case, if a retro is indeed going to happen Nike would do well to release these in small batches a la the SC Trainer II QS, then when the response is there unload them in the outlets like they did the Air Carnivore & Citron Trainers...

I know of at least 2-3 threads in the past year alone talking if not about the Glove, at least the MORF skin technology. How it would or would not sell in today's age of recycling shoe tech & gimmicks.

The monkey paw was also most noticeable on the VC Shox 1 model. If anyone has them show the pictures where some NTer's cutaway the zippered skin on the VC 1's exposing the monkeypaw sides...

Back
Top Bottom