When you say how horrible the quality of the Jordan Brand Retros......Explain to me how really bad..

People complain how bad the quality it is on a Air Jordan retro,but to be honest with you I actually think they are great quality and since of course retrojordans
are mainly for casual wear,why complain about the quality of the shoes......

Of course I know the materials are not the same as the Original mold//template,but shoes are shoes......

Example
Leather//Tumbled leather//Pleather,
Whatever...was used last on the French Blue 7's back in 2002 right?

or tell me
what was the last quality Air Jordan retro?

Edit: It looks like nobody red (read) my post clearly,I DO NOT want to know which shoes sucks,I DO NOT care how many OGcollectors are going to get at me,I DO NOT care that Jordan brand put cheap quality on newer retros now,It's not hard getting OG's.
If I want to play basketball then I bring out the newer signatures.....

Also you know Jordan Brand are tend to be stingy with High Quality materials to use but they know with a Jumpman, it will eventually sell out.......

But tell me what is wrong with the quality of newer retros......

Dude... not that I'm disagreeing with you... but you are asking to be attacked with this thread.

Be prepared.

I believe tumbled leather was used on the french blue VIIs in 2002

the quality comes in extremities, the quality is either HORRIBLE or very good

examples of horrible quality: military IV, mars IV, fire red V

examples of good quality: black V from 07, fire red III, CG III

so your argument only applies to certain retros

Originally Posted by CarmineJordan

OH Canada..........well thank you for your input FenixConnection but it really doesn't explain to me how bad the quality is.....
well pretty much the thin and horrible leather, lack of cushioning, and overall structure/shape of the shoe

Of course I know the materials are not the same as the Original mold//template,but shoes are shoes......
It's not even about the Originals at this point, current releases dont even stack up to previous retroes.

For me, the last quality retro I bought was the nubuck XII. I have two pairs: one pair that I play in from time to time, and a pair I've never played in(just worn casually). The pair that I play in seriously does not look that much worst than the pair I rock.

Now, there could be a ton of retros with good quality since then, but I haven't bought a ton of retros.

But to me, 'good quality' isn't about saying 'Well you wear them casually anyways, so it doesn't really matter.'

The quality that was put in the XVIIs... there's no reason why that same kind of quality can't go into retros. I think the XXIIs are a quality shoe aswell, and there's no reason why... say... the retro military IVs couldn't have been made with that quality.

The VIs that retroed in 2000, every colorway was solid, ready for use on a basketball court. I'm thinking the Mars IVs would tear after 3 or 4 hours; theupper is so flimsy on them.

The IIs that retroed in 1994? Solid. I have a pair, and for comparison, I have a pair of the white/navy low IIs that retroed a couple years ago. The quality isnowhere near each other. If I only, ONLY had those two shoes to play in, I would choose the 1994 retro (and no, it's not because it's a mid and thewhite/navy pair is a low). Mids and lows don't matter to me because I wear ankle braces. I'm looking for cushioning and the durability of the upper; Iwant an upper that I can wear for a good while before I have to retire them.

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

OH Canada..........well thank you for your input FenixConnection but it really doesn't explain to me how bad the quality is.....
well pretty much the thin and horrible leather, lack of cushioning, and overall structure/shape of the shoe

Lack of cushioning is due to the fact that they take a old shoe and retro it meaning since they are taking a old design it isn't going to have the sameamount of cushioning as newer models. And to change the amount of cushioning would be going against the whole OG feel/look wouldn't it??? Basicallyit's people who are anal about the look are the one's with the problems whether it be a type of stitching or a longer shape, or it's the people whowant to sound like they've been collecting for a while, or it's the elitist type who say things like "I'd rather have the 99s" and"whoever buys these newer retros are newbs who just got into collecting."

For me I'd rather get a newer retro that's not yellowed yet, not worn out, not cracking, with changes that mostly aren't visible to the casualobserver. Not to mention the cost of getting these older retros that are sometimes 8+ years old. No thanks.

Originally Posted by rolla808

Lack of cushioning is due to the fact that they take a old shoe and retro it meaning since they are taking a old design it isn't going to have the same amount of cushioning as newer models. And to change the amount of cushioning would be going against the whole OG feel/look wouldn't it???

This is a false argument.

The changes in the design are not so that they compete with current models. They are to save money.
The OGs and some older retros perform better. That's the problem many people have with recent cardboard cutout jays.

People complain how bad the quality it is on a Air Jordan retro,but to be honest with you I actually think they are great quality and since of course retro jordans

simple: they cost too much for them to be made so badly

People who didn't own a Jordan retro shoe before 02 should not post in this topic, b/c it obvious you dont no about quality.

come on man, you have to KNOW the difference between the words "no" and "know". jeez, if there's one area where i am offended byniketalk it is the hopeless grasp of the most simplest forms of english.

well, that and the pathetic "i hate those shoes, but i'll cop a half dozen packs anyway" mentality.

jacksonvilleNC:
People who didn't own a Jordan retro shoe before 02 should not post in this topic, b/c it obvious you dont no about quality.
That's definitely true.
laugh.gif

eltouha:
come on man, you have to KNOW the difference between the words "no" and "know". jeez, if there's one area where i am offended by niketalk it is the hopeless grasp of the most simplest forms of english.

well, that and the pathetic "i hate those shoes, but i'll cop a half dozen packs anyway" mentality.
When you're done with your rant, you might want to review your use of superlative adjectives, as 'most simplest' in incorrect.'Most simple' is correct and 'simplest' is correct, but 'most simplest' is not.
wink.gif

People complain how bad the quality it is on a Air Jordan retro,but to be honest with you I actually think they are great quality and since of course retro jordans

Example
Leather//Tumbled leather//Pleather,
Whatever...was used last on the French Blue 7's back in 2002 right?

or tell me
what was the last quality Air Jordan retro?

Edit: It looks like nobody red (read) my post clearly,I DO NOT want to know which shoes sucks,I DO NOT care how many OG collectors are going to get at me,I DO NOT care that Jordan brand put cheap quality on newer retros now,It's not hard getting OG's.
If I want to play basketball then I bring out the newer signatures.....

Jordan shoes for casual shoes? See how you direct yourself to the wrong way of thinking. JORDAN SHOES ARE BASKETBALL SHOES, NOT CASUAL WEAR SHOES.

CASUAL WEAR SHOES: VIs BOOT.

Explain to you how bad the qualities? Stitches will come off after 2-3 games, squeaking, cracking midsole, etc.
Yes, I agree that White/Military IVs isone of the better ones these days, but if you compare it to '99 IVs, it's NOTHING. NOTHING.
Doesn't really matter how bad the quality of Jordan shoes are nowadays. I can always go to Nike and pick up some good shoes in better price and betterquality with better technology.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What matters in this thread is: JORDAN SHOES ARE BASKETBALLSHOES, NOT CASUAL WEAR SHOES. PERIOD![/color]

Originally Posted by rolla808

Lack of cushioning is due to the fact that they take a old shoe and retro it meaning since they are taking a old design it isn't going to have the same amount of cushioning as newer models. And to change the amount of cushioning would be going against the whole OG feel/look wouldn't it???

wear a pair of 06 retro IVs and then wear a pair of the 99 retro IVs, tell me which ones are comfier, better quality, and closer to the OG. /argument

can we just all get along here fellows!!!!!JB dont care about the qualilty of the shoes,its business as usual,its all about the $$$

Back
Top Bottom