Where are the "America caused the Egyptian revolution" conspiracy theorists?

from what i have researched. AMERICA aka media makes it seem like the country is in chaos but it is just a little sector of the country. just like Afghanistan or IRAQ , they made it seem like the WHOLE country was in turmoil but in reality it's just a little part of the entire country. USA (media) did this in south america and central america during the 80's as well

I refuse to believe any one entity has enough power to manipulate revolutions in so many people in so many countries. I could be wrong though.

At the same time, I refuse to believe the U.S. is just sitting it out and seeing what unfolds. At least, as a taxpayer and citizen, I hope not.

I also hope that the U.S. is involved not only to protect its (OUR) interests but also to further human rights in other countries (not necessarily democracy either but things like secularism).

I refuse to believe any one entity has enough power to manipulate revolutions in so many people in so many countries. I could be wrong though.

At the same time, I refuse to believe the U.S. is just sitting it out and seeing what unfolds. At least, as a taxpayer and citizen, I hope not.

I also hope that the U.S. is involved not only to protect its (OUR) interests but also to further human rights in other countries (not necessarily democracy either but things like secularism).

Originally Posted by Ryda421

from what i have researched. AMERICA aka media makes it seem like the country is in chaos but it is just a little sector of the country. just like Afghanistan or IRAQ , they made it seem like the WHOLE country was in turmoil but in reality it's just a little part of the entire country. USA (media) did this in south america and central america during the 80's as well
When power in a country is extremely centralized in the capitol city, it make no difference whether the entire country is behind the revolution or not. Once the capitol falls the regime in power is on its way out. This is why revolution in America would be extremely complicated. 
But in any event, there were widespread protests through Egypt for the duration of the uprising. It wasn't just Cairo alone, although those are the images that were broadcast primarily because much of the action happened there or in Alexandria. 

Also, Afghanistan and Iraq are two terrible examples. Before the war in Afghanistan the country had been in turmoil for a long, long time due to civil war and infighting between factions/ethnic groups. The Taliban gained control because they held Kabul and were welcomed as the only group strong enough to finally unite a war torn country.

Iraq was in a pretty bad state for a long time too after we invaded. The scenes you saw on the news the first night were Baghdad being bombed into oblivion, but afterwards it was a mess in many different areas. 

Originally Posted by Ryda421

When power in a country is extremely centralized in the capitol city, it make no difference whether the entire country is behind the revolution or not. Once the capitol falls the regime in power is on its way out. This is why revolution in America would be extremely complicated. 
But in any event, there were widespread protests through Egypt for the duration of the uprising. It wasn't just Cairo alone, although those are the images that were broadcast primarily because much of the action happened there or in Alexandria. 

Also, Afghanistan and Iraq are two terrible examples. Before the war in Afghanistan the country had been in turmoil for a long, long time due to civil war and infighting between factions/ethnic groups. The Taliban gained control because they held Kabul and were welcomed as the only group strong enough to finally unite a war torn country.

Iraq was in a pretty bad state for a long time too after we invaded. The scenes you saw on the news the first night were Baghdad being bombed into oblivion, but afterwards it was a mess in many different areas. 

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Any book recommendations  that relate to this?

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

51rkcYAXO4L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Ahmed Rashid - Taliban 

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

51rkcYAXO4L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Ahmed Rashid - Taliban 

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

First Tunisia, then Egypt and now we have uprisings in Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Jordan, Bahrain, Yemen, etc.

I mean, it must be in America's best interests to have majority Shiites in Bahrain revolting against the minority ruling Sunnis just a few KMs away from where U.S. troops are stationed. Right?

Did the U.S. cause these people to revolt as well?

Alliance of Youth Movement (which is controlled by the Council on Foreign Relations) + Google + U.S. State Department/CIA = Riots

Unrest and riots spreading will come to a point where nations will say "We need a one world government, we need that stability.".

First Tunisia, then Egypt and now we have uprisings in Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Jordan, Bahrain, Yemen, etc.

I mean, it must be in America's best interests to have majority Shiites in Bahrain revolting against the minority ruling Sunnis just a few KMs away from where U.S. troops are stationed. Right?

Alliance of Youth Movement (which is controlled by the Council on Foreign Relations) + Google + U.S. State Department/CIA = Riots

Unrest and riots spreading will come to a point where nations will say "We need a one world government, we need that stability.".

Originally Posted by rashi

Yes, that sounds like something autocrats would do, abdicate their power to some other entity. /sarcasm
These autocrats from Qaddafi to the Khalifa dynasty care more about power than stability, and they certainly won't give up their authority unless they're forced to, such as in a coup d'etat. 

Originally Posted by rashi

Yes, that sounds like something autocrats would do, abdicate their power to some other entity. /sarcasm
These autocrats from Qaddafi to the Khalifa dynasty care more about power than stability, and they certainly won't give up their authority unless they're forced to, such as in a coup d'etat. 

whywesteppin wrote:

Our rights? What do you think this is?
laugh.gif

These people can careless about your rights. What incentive do they have to protect your rights?

whywesteppin wrote:

Our rights? What do you think this is?
laugh.gif

These people can careless about your rights. What incentive do they have to protect your rights?

I mean, you could argue the the global recession was caused by America, which in turn harmed an emerging economy such as egypts, this was then exacerbated by global inflation, especially of food prices (which was a major reason for the Egypt revolt) which was probably caused at least in large part by America's quantitative easing program, and of course the U.S. has a long history of propping up figures in the middle east/ islamic world and helping them rise to power if they feel it will help them gain some level of control in the region, but I hardly see this as an conspiracy theory.

I mean, you could argue the the global recession was caused by America, which in turn harmed an emerging economy such as egypts, this was then exacerbated by global inflation, especially of food prices (which was a major reason for the Egypt revolt) which was probably caused at least in large part by America's quantitative easing program, and of course the U.S. has a long history of propping up figures in the middle east/ islamic world and helping them rise to power if they feel it will help them gain some level of control in the region, but I hardly see this as an conspiracy theory.

The one place where the US/Israel are DESPERATE for a revolt (Iran) isn't going anywhere soon.

The one place where the US/Israel are DESPERATE for a revolt (Iran) isn't going anywhere soon.

Back
Top Bottom