WHERE DO YOU STAND ? QUALITY or QUANTITY

WHATS UP NIKETALK FAM?

i have a few things i would like to know from all my n t family members . this has been driving me crazy for awhile now because i keep going back and forth on what i want to do so now i ask everyone of my niketalk  members to see what everyone else thinks. now
ofcourse this will not make up my mind because in the end i will do what i want but i just want to know were everyone else stands and to see how many vote for one side or the other

(all prices are a average going rate , please dont comment if you think i am wrong , its not the point i am trying to make.........thank you) 

NOW MY QUESTION'S ARE 

WHERE DO YOU STAND AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE ?  QUALITY  or  QUANTITY

now i know some of you will think this is a simple answer but  first let me put it to you a few different ways and then tell me what you think?

FIRST..

WHAT WOULD YOU TAKE? 

WOULD YOU TAKE 1 PAIR OF JORDANS THAT GO FOR AROUND $1000 OVER  5 PAIRS OF JORDANS  THAT GO FOR AROUND $200 ea.?

OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE...

WOULD YOU TAKE 1 PAIR OF JORDANS THAT GO FOR AROUND $1500 OVER  3 PAIRS OF JORDANS THAT GO FOR AROUND $500 EACH?

NOW LET ME CHANGE THINGS A LITTLE

WOULD YOU GET RID OF (SELL OR TRADE) 5 OR EVEN 10 PAIRS OF JORDANS  FROM YOUR COLLECTION TO GET JUST 1 PAIR OF JORDANS?

OR LET ME ASK YOU THIS , (IF BOTH COLLECTIONS ARE WORTH THE SAME AMOUNT OF $)

WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A COLLECTION WITH  100 PAIRS OF AVERAGE JORDANS ( general release's $150-$250 average)

OR

WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE  A COLLECTION WITH 25  PAIRS OF LIMITED HARD TO GET JORDANS (limited's , pe's, hoh release's, etc.....)

now looking at these questions i would like to hear what people would rather do? what they would rather have?
now just looking at these ?'s its easy to just say one or the other so i would like you to see the actual situation's i am talking about so .here you are..................

WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE

would you take these 5 pairs
615.jpg

439.jpg

918.jpg

1373.jpg

200.jpg

OR would you take these

1308.jpg

OR LETS TRY THIS

WHAT WOULD YOU TAKE ?

air-jordan-xx3-white-uni-blue-page.jpg

OR WOULD YOU TAKE THESE ?

1249.jpg

418.jpg

807.jpg

1360.jpg

106.jpg

203.jpg

327.jpg

1317.jpg

168.jpg

OK NOW LET 'S TAKE IT UP A NOTCH.............

WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE FOR A PAIR OF THESE "THE JORDAN RETRO 4   "EMINEM'S"  $5000+

eminem_jordan_iv.jpg

WOULD YOU GIVE UP ALL OF THIS HEAT FOR JUST ONE PAIR OF ( in my eyes ) ONE OF THE HOTEST JORDANS EVER MADE?   (i want you to really think about this , these shoes bellow can easily be replaced as long as you got the cash and a little time but getting the jordan retro 4  eminem's is like a once in a lifetime deal)

1260.jpg

1364.jpg

1390.jpg

932.jpg

320.jpg

1429.jpg

1348.jpg

1392.jpg

988.jpg

1430.jpg

331.jpg

167.jpg

1391.jpg

785.jpg

1308.jpg

OK NOW LETS TAKE IT TO A WHOLE  OTHER LEVEL

WOULD YOU GIVE UP YOUR WHOLE COLLECTION TO GET A SINGLE PAIR  OF SHOES?

WHAT IF THAT PAIR OF SHOES WAS  ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOES OF ALLTIME?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   /   WHICH WOULD YOU TAKE?

(here is a  random collection that i put together and i want everyone to take a good look at , i used shoes that i think everyone has some of in there collection so everyone can relate)

115.jpg

686.jpg

1249.jpg

1248.jpg

1315.jpg

80.jpg

76.jpg

418.jpg

428.jpg

615.jpg

1329.jpg

1402.jpg

809.jpg

1182.jpg

87.jpg

807.jpg

1037.jpg

439.jpg

320.jpg

1439.jpg

1306.jpg

1149.jpg

1153.jpg

1360.jpg
1372.jpg

1377.jpg

123.jpg

106.jpg

1342.jpg

1432.jpg

918.jpg

980.jpg

342.jpg

1373.jpg

1374.jpg

1018.jpg

1064.jpg

1268.jpg

1340.jpg

1359.jpg

1394.jpg

1341.jpg

1338.jpg

1379.jpg

1397.jpg

1409.jpg

1381.jpg

203.jpg

201.jpg
1021.jpg

976.jpg

327.jpg

785.jpg

953.jpg
344.jpg

135.jpg

975.jpg

1148.jpg

662.jpg

SO WOULD YOU GIVE ALL OF THESE ^  UP FOR A SINGLE PAIR OF SHOES?

( i want you to really think about this , these shoes ^ can easily be replaced as long as you got the cash )

WHAT IF THESE WERE THAT SINGLE PAIR OF SHOES? V

" ONE OF IF NOT THE GREATEST PAIR OF JORDANS EVER TO HIT THE MARKET"

"JORDAN OG  10'S  CHICAGO  #45  PE'S "      $10,000+              made for the man himself 

( i am very sorry for using other people's picture's , i hope you do not mind  )

j30.jpg

aj52.jpg

THE REASON I PUT IT TOGETHER LIKE THIS IS SO YOU COULD SEE WHAT I AM ASKING YOU,  I KNOW THINGS ARE ALITTLE DIFFERENT WHEN YOU CAN SEE  THE SHOES THAT YOU WOULD GET OR GIVE UP.

SO THE BOTTOM LINE IS

DO YOU CHOOSE QUALITY ?

OR

DO YOU CHOOSE QUANTITY ?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE?

WOULD YOU PREFER A COLLECTION OF 100 REGULAR AVERAGE JORDANS ?(worth $10,000 )

OR

WOULD YOU PREFER A COLLECTION WITH 25 PAIRS OF HEAT (limited , pe , hoh )LIMITED JORDANS? (worth $10,000)

THESE ARE THE THING'S I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FROM MY NT FAM JUST TO SEE HOW MANY STAND WHERE

I HOPE PEOPLE LIKE THIS POST BUT IF NOT KEEP IT TO YOURSELF............................................................PEACE23

(to the people who are going to say just because a shoe is limited doesnt make it a quality shoe , yes i know that but for the most part the limiteds are better then the gr's so save it and just get with the post).....................................................................thanks23

To be honest I got lost half way through it all lol. I would just own whatever my taste was and what I could afford.

ICHOOSEQUANTITYYOUCANHAVEYOEXPENSIVEEPAIROFJAY'SJUSTIGIVEME20PAIRSOFHEATANDKEEPYO1PAIRTHATCOSTS10,000+THATISTOOEXPENSIVEFOYOUTOEVENCONSIDERWEARING
DAWGG.

You spent a lot of time on this thread. LOL. after looking at the eminem iv's, I got lost. I would take all of those over the em iv's tho.

Based on those ^ questions you asked I'd take quantity because I don't wanna only have one Jordan I can wear. Especially if its like a Chicago X because they will get trashed with no rotation of other kicks.

your asking would you take quality over quantity but it seems like your asking would you take quantity over exclusiveness. alot of those shoes that you have pictured for quantity have very good quality, in the end i would def take the quantity shoes over the limited exclusive shoes. i had the xx3 titaniums and i sold them because i just couldnt see myself wearing a shoe that i could get $1,300 for after only paying $500 for them.

I dont think that eminem 4 one is a good example cause a lot of the other shoes are pretty expensive and some weren't GR
edit. nvm, they are all GR.

I just buy what I like. I know you address it, but yeah, some of the limited shoes, I don't really like. So I would have to go with quantity. I like having more choices of what I can wear.

Quality > Quantity ... I rather have a small collection of all sneakers that I wanted the most vs. A collection full of general +@$ releases

Quality is definitely subjective towards an individuals tastes though ... Everyone isn't into the same models or colors, and everyone has their own 'holy grail' when it comes to sneakers - so you can't generalize the definition of quality as it pertains to sneakers

i am sorry , and you are right it does seem that way

i know there is some quality shoes in the group that are better made then others exclusives

my whole thing is this...

i have been in the shoe game since the early 1980's (before jordans)
ive had every OG jordan ever made in almost every colorway they came i

when i first started collecting all i wanted to do is get to100 pairs in my collection

and i did that but ,after awhile i started looking at my collection and then watching all the heat that was out there
that i didnt have but wanted so i started to trade and sell off alot of my stuff to get them

and now

i find myself not really worried about number's but looking to get all heat in my collection

i can remember when i went to get every pair of jordans that dropped and now i can watch them come and go with no problem
and just focusing on all heat, ive sold 3 , 4 and even 5 pairs to get just 1 pair that i wanted really bad

i dont know if it me getting older and wanting the hard to get stuff that most people dont have or what

i just made this post to find out who felt the same as i do and who felt different

I think everyone finds an equilibrium point between quantity and quality/exclusivity. As great as it would be to own those Jordan PEs, I would never wear them, so there's no way that I would trade most or all of my collection for them because I wear my kicks. I might trade for the Finales, but honestly I could never be comfortable wearing a $1000 pair of shoes. I guess the short answer to your question for me would be quantity for shoes I'd wear, and quality for shoes I'd only display.

quality over quantity all day - the only thing that makes sneakers limited is the dollar sign because that divides who can afford them and who cant.

on the other hand (as we've seen many times) quality isn't always matched by the dollar sign you pay, so there is no guarantee on quality.

I'll tell you this though, I'd pay 2x as much, if JB could guarantee my pair wouldn't come with creases,scuffs, glue stains, synthetic leather.

And No the BIN series isn't cutting it for me, I need something in the OG cw. the only BIN to really do justice in my eyes was the BIN Vs

Most people obviously go for quantity over quality...thus the reason why these prices are where they are at

Originally Posted by voterobformayor

quality over quantity all day - the only thing that makes sneakers limited is the dollar sign because that divides who can afford them and who cant.

on the other hand (as we've seen many times) quality isn't always matched by the dollar sign you pay, so there is no guarantee on quality.

I'll tell you this though, I'd pay 2x as much, if JB could guarantee my pair wouldn't come with creases,scuffs, glue stains, synthetic leather.

And No the BIN series isn't cutting it for me, I need something in the OG cw. the only BIN to really do justice in my eyes was the BIN Vs

i can understand were you are coming from , ive had every OG jordan in almost every colorway growing up

and i am not talking about  something like - i was 5 when i got the jordan og 5's  so i am a og from way back in the days. like other people say

i was 14 when i got the OG jordan 1's in 1985 so i was old enough to appreciate the shoes

the OG jordans from 1 - 14 were on a level way beyond anything we have seen or will see in a long time , if ever.........................................peace23

some bad examples , no offense. I'm on the quality side of this. You should of asked questions like,
"Would you rather have 1 pair of 01' Space Jams (quality) or 3 pairs of 09' Space Jams (quantity?"

When the OP asks "quality or quantity?", he is NOT talking about the actual quality of the shoes (materials etc), he is simply talking about having a lot of pairs as opposed to having a few pairs (assuming value is the same)......Yes it does all come down to personal taste, so even if I can be exclusive with a XX3, I may take the others because I like them more. Now say you have something like Em 4s, which I like, I'd have to take those over the GRs........In general though, I prefer having something I really like over having a bunch of stuff I don't like.....So to answer the question, I'll say QUALITY....However it all depends on the specific shoes you are talking about.

If I had a shoe that was worth 10k, of course I wouldn't wear it.....So to wear I'll take GRs. But when it comes to a collection (stuff I would never wear and would just have and keep DS), I'll take the exclusive thing that I like of course, so I wouldn't take those XX3s no matter how much they are worth. Like the OP says, the GRs are readily available so why keep them DS and treat them like they are worth a lot. I'm not saying don't take of your shoes, but I'm saying its really no big deal if they get beat simply because there are more DS pairs available. 

if I dont like them them I wont get em. I dont even like Eminem 4s... they just a hyped up shoe.... but basically to answer your question.... I wouldnt give up 5-10 pair of shoes in my collection just to have one pair of shoes, no matter what they are.

wow man you did lots of work in this...

i would rather have lots of jordans instead of 1

i like how you put all the jordans together looks good...imagine a poster of all the jordan retros
pimp.gif
that would look pretty cool

Today... it's all about quantity over quality. Many people only buy Jays just to have the most in their collection than the other person. Most don't even wear their Jays and still complain about quality
30t6p3b.gif

For me it's about quality and what I want to buy. If they fit comfortably and I like the way they look on me, then I am happy.

Back
Top Bottom