WHERE DO YOU STAND ? QUALITY or QUANTITY

Originally Posted by SpaceJam23s

You should change the name to expensive vs less expensive group,not all limiteds are quality. But that group of kicks with the Bins i would definitely take over the Eminem 4s any day. The Bin series is really superb when it comes to quality. Now if you were to put up OGs against retros kind of like those Chicago xs vs other pairs i would go with the Ogs. The argument kind of lost itself somewhere and just became a bunch of shoe pics

yes i know thats the case , thats why i put this at the end of my post...........

(to the people who are going to say just because a shoe is limited doesnt make it a quality shoe , yes i know that but for the most part the limiteds are better then the gr's so save it and just get with the post).....................................................................thanks23

also for the people who say they really dont even like the eminems  and they are not a quality shoes, i just used it as a example

you can used any shoes you like if it helps like say.......................

the jordan retro 3 kobe bryant player exclusives

kobepeiii.jpg

or how about these

THE JORDAN 11'S SPACEJAMS #45   MICHEAL JORDAN  PLAYER EXCLUSIVES  SAMPLES

j341.jpg

OR

THE JORDAN 11 CONCORD'S   #45   MICHEAL JORDAN PLAYER EXCLUSIVES SAMPLES

j351.jpg

NOW I AM USING THESE AS EXAMPLES

IT CAN BE ANY QUALITY PAIR OF JORDANS COMPAIRED TO  A GREATER NUMBER
OF THE CHEAP MADE RETRO'S  THAT WE HAVE BEEN GETTING FOR THE LAST 5-7+ YEARS NOW

NOW IVE BEEN IN THE SHOE GAME SINCE THE EARLY 80'S( BEFORE JORDANS ) AND I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE HAD EVERY OG JORDAN IN ALMOST EVERY OG COLORWAY AND I WAS AT AND AGE TO KNOW ABOUT SHOES (i was 14 when i got the og 1's in 1985) SO I KNOW QUALITY SHOES
(not like some people on here who say they are a og from way back , then say yeah i had the og 5's when i was 3 years old so im a real og shoe head .....lol )

I CAN TELL YOU NOW SOME OF THE BEST MADE JORDANS EVER WERE (believe me when i tell you, when i was young as soon as i got a new pair of jays i ran to the b-ball court and i use to beat the hell out of ,my shoes)

THE OG 1'S ARE WERE A GREAT MADE  SHOE AND ARE STILL HOLDING UP STRONG TODAY......

air-jordan-1-og-white-black-red.jpg

BUT THESE 2 ARE SOME OF THE BEST EVER MADE

THE OG JORDAN 10'S AND THE OG 12'S WERE LIKE TANKS , THE QUALITY OF THESE SHOES ARE ON A LEVEL ABOVE ALL OTHERS. I BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THESE SHOES BUT JUST COULD NOT KILL THEM 

air-jordan-10-og-steel.jpg

air-jordan-12-og-white-red.jpg

SO LOOK , I DONT CARE WHAT SHOES YOU USE OR HOW YOU PUT   IT  , I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT ?                            QUALITY?    OR      QUANTITY?...............................................................THANKS 23

Originally Posted by blakmn89

Originally Posted by babyJs23

Today... it's all about quantity over quality. Many people only buy Jays just to have the most in their collection than the other person. Most don't even wear their Jays and still complain about quality
30t6p3b.gif

For me it's about quality and what I want to buy. If they fit comfortably and I like the way they look on me, then I am happy.

QFT 

You must be the example I was speaking of
wink.gif
laugh.gif
No flame intended

Originally Posted by ericjunior

Quality is definitely subjective towards an individuals tastes though ... Everyone isn't into the same models or colors, and everyone has their own 'holy grail' when it comes to sneakers - so you can't generalize the definition of quality as it pertains to sneakers

always quality over quantity, because once you have many of one model, you will lose interest and hype about them.
When you only have one from each Air Jordan design, you will value them much more.

I'll put it this way.
I'm 33 years old.
My folks were buying me jordan's/nikes from age 8-9.
I buy jordans now to appreciate the shoes I didn't appreciate when I was spoilt as a kid.
I buy what I like and don't buy into any of this "I GOTTA HAVE EVERY PAIR THAT IS RELEASED ON RELEASE DAY SO I CAN SAY I HAVE A
MASSIVE/IMPRESIVE COLLECTION" hype.

There are WAY more impostant things in life than AIR JORDAN shoes and I can honestly say that I would rather NOT buy a pair of shoes for 2-3 years and with the money I save put that towards going overseas and seeing some of the world we live in.

The fact that people are BLINDED by this shoe game amazes me.
Yes I love shoes
Yes I LOVE this website
but I also understand that there is more to life than air jordans and I can honestly say that all my friends/family would think I'm a bigger idiot for spending $5000 on a pair of EMENIM IV's than be impressed by me having them.

No amount of NT members praising me for having a $5000.00 pair of sneakers could justify me having them.
INTERNET FAME IS USELESS

flame suit is on!!!

airBOZretroIII wrote:
I'll put it this way.
I'm 33 years old.
My folks were buying me jordan's/nikes from age 8-9.
I buy jordans now to appreciate the shoes I didn't appreciate when I was spoilt as a kid.
I buy what I like and don't buy into any of this "I GOTTA HAVE EVERY PAIR THAT IS RELEASED ON RELEASE DAY SO I CAN SAY I HAVE A
MASSIVE/IMPRESIVE COLLECTION" hype.

There are WAY more impostant things in life than AIR JORDAN shoes and I can honestly say that I would rather NOT buy a pair of shoes for 2-3 years and with the money I save put that towards going overseas and seeing some of the world we live in.

The fact that people are BLINDED by this shoe game amazes me.
Yes I love shoes
Yes I LOVE this website
but I also understand that there is more to life than air jordans and I can honestly say that all my friends/family would think I'm a bigger idiot for spending $5000 on a pair of EMENIM IV's than be impressed by me having them.

No amount of NT members praising me for having a $5000.00 pair of sneakers could justify me having them.
INTERNET FAME IS USELESS

flame suit is on!!!
QFT.

Spending $5000.00 for a pair of sneakers in my opinion is crazy unless you are very rich. If I was rich, I still would never not spend $5000 for a pair of sneakers (that includes holy grails).

I would go with quantity. The reasoning behind this is the fact that I wear my shoes. I couldn't imagine sacrificing all of my kicks for a single pair that I can only wear with a 2 or 3 outfits. But to each their own.

To Zongetsu23

Your question is really open-ended and poses a great topic for discussion, you can never get a definite answer because it really depends on a few factors
- the type of sneaker heads you ask
- the kind of money one would invest in their sneaker collection
- the sneaker collection that reflects your character

But in trying to answer your question the best I can, I could never give up 50 pair of sneakers for a holy grail.  I love the AJ3 Kobe's but it needs to be within a collection of other shoes for it to stand out and be special. 

I have shoes that are really hard finds; some because of age; some because of rarity and one pair, that even if I could/would shell out two times the money, I would never be able to get again.  All these shoes I would never give up.  With that said, I only wear shoes that I can buy doubles of mainly because I like them and they can easily be replaced. 

There are some shoes I wear, mostly the recent re-retro's Jordan's then there are some I keep in the "mueseum" and they are mainly stuff from the 'good-quality era'.  The older, rarer and sample stuff is like owning a piece of history, you can't replace that. 

Quality, does anyone have a pic of the I's in I Am Legend? But anyway, I would be happy with a little rotation that I knew would hold me down in the long run as long as they were as versatile as the style of clothes I like.

When i was 16 i wanted every single pair then Quantity... Now being 25.... Quality i can give a damn about what comes out next month... Give me 10 pairs of high quality that i actually want ill be set for good..

Back
Top Bottom