where does tony parker rank amongst spurs all-time point guards?

I like Tony Parker.

but he's a HOF already?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

If Parker is a hall of famer is Manu?

Not yet. Manu needs more time. And coming off the bench all these years isn't helping him. He needs 38-40 minutes a game for a few seasons to put up numbers on top of his playoff performances. imo

Manu is a HOF!
wink.gif
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
Awards
  • Italian League All-Star: 1999, 2000, 2001
  • Italian League Most Improved Player: 2000, 2001, 2002
  • Euroleague Finals Most Valuable Player: 2001
  • FIBA Americas Championship Most Valuable Player: 2001
  • Italian Cup Most Valuable Player: 2002
  • NBA All-Star: 2005
  • All-Tournament Team, FIBA World Championship: 2002, 2006
  • Ideal Olympics Team: 2004
  • Summer Olympic Games Most Valuable Player: 2004
  • Olimpia de Oro: 2003, 2004 (shared with Carlos Tévez)
  • 50 Greatest Euroleague Contributors: 2008
  • NBA Sixth Man of the Year Award: 2008
  • All-NBA Third Team: 2008

• Titles
  • Italian League Championship: 2001
  • Italian Cup: 2001, 2002
  • Euroleague: 2001
  • Americas Championship: 2001
  • NBA Championship: 2003, 2005, 2007
  • Summer Olympic Games gold medal: 2004
  • Summer Olympic Games bronze medal: 2008

• [table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

I think that Tony Parker is a very one dimensional player who happened to be on a team with the one of the best coaches in NBA history, the best power forward of all time and one of the best players of his generation in Manu.

I don't even think the Spurs believe he is that good.
Bingo...

If he ended his career TODAY, he's not a hall of famer...

jmsole - fair enough on the international aspect of the HOF. I don't know much about that stuff, so if it counts and Manu gets in, I don't have aproblem with that.

As for if Tony Parker retired today he wouldn't get in..........Is he retiring today? Ok then, everybody relax. If Tony Parker continues his career ashe has been for the next 6-7 years, he will be a Hall of Famer. He has done things that certain players at his position have NEVER done nor will they ever doand I don't give a *&&# who was on the team when he did it. Those other players have had great casts as well. And last I checked, Parker was theMVP of the finals, not some trumped up award handed to the best white player they could find.

And at Osh calling TP one dimensional, but *##@*^* Steve Nash a terrrific "help defender". What in the *^*^ you puffin on dude? You just makinthis garbage up to see what you can type and get away with? How the @$#$ you gonna defend Nash to the end of the Earth as a defender, then call Parker onedimensional????? Unless you mean Parker is only good at defense as that one dimension, you need your head examined.
smh.gif

Jesus.

Originally Posted by CP1708

As for if Tony Parker retired today he wouldn't get in..........Is he retiring today? Ok then, everybody relax. If Tony Parker continues his career as he has been for the next 6-7 years, he will be a Hall of Famer. He has done things that certain players at his position have NEVER done nor will they ever do and I don't give a *&&# who was on the team when he did it. Those other players have had great casts as well. And last I checked, Parker was the MVP of the finals, not some trumped up award handed to the best white player they could find.

And at Osh calling TP one dimensional, but *##@*^* Steve Nash a terrrific "help defender". What in the *^*^ you puffin on dude? You just makin this garbage up to see what you can type and get away with? How the @$#$ you gonna defend Nash to the end of the Earth as a defender, then call Parker one dimensional????? Unless you mean Parker is only good at defense as that one dimension, you need your head examined.
smh.gif

Jesus.
1. Steve Nash is a horrendous man to man defender, this much is true and I have said that many times before. But he IS good at one thing and thatshelping his teammates out by stepping in a taking charges. In fact he is one of the best in this category. Jason Kidd is the only one who is better. Thatsbetter than nothing.

2. Is TP not one dimensional? He can't shoot 3's, his is mid range shot is streaky, he doesn't play defense and for a point guard he is not a verygood passer. He is fast thats pretty much it. He just happens to be on a really really good team. He is good very good, but do I think he is a hall of fametalent. No. Will his accomplishments get him into the hall? Yes.

Did you watch any Spurs games when TD and Manu were sitting?

He was winning games with Matt Bonner, a 50 year old Mike Finley and "can only hit a game winning shot" Mason Jr.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

^
laugh.gif
you are never ever correct. about anything. ever.

How so?

Funny considering what we are arguing about is largely subjective.

and I think I was pretty on target with Bargnani.

People are gassed off Devin Harris right now too, and there's effectively little to no difference between the two...

Only difference is Tony Parker plays for Gregg Popovich alongside Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili and has had ample opportunity to rack up W's and play forchampionships...

Good point guards, sure... Legitimate "greatest of an era" type guys? No way, no how...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

People are gassed off Devin Harris right now too, and there's effectively little to no difference between the two...

Only difference is Tony Parker plays for Gregg Popovich alongside Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili and has had ample opportunity to rack up W's and play for championships...

Good point guards, sure... Legitimate "greatest of an era" type guys? No way, no how...
So now we hold it against players who play with other great players? This is what we're doing now?

Ok. I'm wrong. Only Chris Paul and Deron Williams are great. Nobody else ever will be. They'll never win a damn thing, they'll never contributeto anything but their own stats but they're the greatest. All the other PG's should just retire now.
eyes.gif

I'm sure the Spurs woulda won all their chips without Parker in the lineup, he's not that good. Nobody can ever stop him, but he's not that good. Nobody lights him up like they do Nash, but he's still not worth it. It's all Pop and it's all Duncan.
smh.gif

So now we hold it against players who play with other great players? This is what we're doing now?

Ok. I'm wrong. Only Chris Paul and Deron Williams are great. Nobody else ever will be. They'll never win a damn thing, they'll never contribute to anything but their own stats but they're the greatest. All the other PG's should just retire now.
eyes.gif

I'm sure the Spurs woulda won all their chips without Parker in the lineup, he's not that good. Nobody can ever stop him, but he's not that good. Nobody lights him up like they do Nash, but he's still not worth it. It's all Pop and it's all Duncan.
smh.gif

The thing is defense is still largely team based, Parker is not getting lit up because he plays with 4 other guys coached by one of the bestdefensive coaches in NBA history. He is a good player, he will get into the hall, but on talent alone. Nah man.

Funny half the arguments you used were arguments others presented in is Nash a HOF'er debate.

Originally Posted by nrg1604

really don't think manu is hof bound, but parker got a chance.
unfortunately manu will always be the 3rd best player in the team and his injuries doesn't help his case but manu is a competitor and heprobably will be happy winning all the titles and medals ha have won in his career, i know for sure though that manu is the better international player thanparker

Originally Posted by jepeh21

Originally Posted by nrg1604

really don't think manu is hof bound, but parker got a chance.
unfortunately manu will always be the 3rd best player in the team and his injuries doesn't help his case but manu is a competitor and he probably will be happy winning all the titles and medals ha have won in his career, i know for sure though that manu is the better international player than parker

Yeah Manu may be a better player but Parker shows it in the NBA.

Ok. I'm wrong. Only Chris Paul and Deron Williams are great. Nobody else ever will be. They'll never win a damn thing, they'll never contribute to anything but their own stats but they're the greatest. All the other PG's should just retire now.
eyes.gif

smh.gif
The thing is defense is still largely team based, Parker is not getting lit up because he plays with 4 other guys coached by one of the best defensive coaches in NBA history. He is a good player, he will get into the hall, but on talent alone. Nah man.

Funny half the arguments you used were arguments others presented in is Nash a HOF'er debate.

Funny thing is Nash plays in offenses where all he does is get meaningless numbers. Maybe Parker and whatever other point guard you want to name could getstats in that offense too.
wink.gif

But I coulda SWORE you and others on this board go round and round with me about how "hall worthy" Nash is.

Funny thing is, Parker gets comprable numbers, better D, and wins rings.

Nash?

happy.gif

I like this game.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom