Where have all the OG Niketalk members gone?

I'm still here. OG as they come. A lot grow out of sneakers though after so many years. 

Could it be though that we all just matured? We hear NTers complaining about how much funner it was back in the day, especially ezboard days. But I think it's just now more of maturity.

Kinda like looking at high school kids these days and :smh: but then I realize that when I was their age, I thought it was the cool thing to do.

I'll be 29 in August, and yeah a lot of it is maturity I guess. lol I don't even buy shoes anymore. I still like to keep up with whats hot and coming out...but IF I bought sneakers, the only time I could wear them is on the weekend anyway.

Checking in. Since joining in '01, been busy with school then after college I stopped really checking on the boards. Check up on the boards every once in a while, but not as much as I did back in '01-'04.

I'll be 29 in August, and yeah a lot of it is maturity I guess. lol I don't even buy shoes anymore. I still like to keep up with whats hot and coming out...but IF I bought sneakers, the only time I could wear them is on the weekend anyway.

Yep same boat. Oxfords and wingtips Monday-Friday, on the weekends in Nike free's or loafers. Stopped buying J's after college, but I still keep my fav's in the closet.

Last edited:

I remember you!

Nt used to be fun, I wouldn't mind another ny summit

Welcome back bro. :wink:

Could it be though that we all just matured? We hear NTers complaining about how much funner it was back in the day, especially ezboard days. But I think it's just now more of maturity.

Kinda like looking at high school kids these days and :smh: but then I realize that when I was their age, I thought it was the cool thing to do.

True. I'll be 27 this coming March, I joined this board when I was 16 years old. Priorities have just shifted as we got older.

The crazy thing is, I lurk now and then in the JB forum mostly and it just seems so different than the vibe of the ezboard days. Dudes like Kerry, JJ, menace5star, Excelldorado Red, just reconnected with Prodigy3919 on Instagram, it's just been so long.

I originally registered Oct 2000 but once Niketalk switched I couldn't sign on my old name smh.

Been here since around 05, times have changed. I don't really buy Jordan's anymore, just recently got hooked back on Kobe 8 because if the comfort. Its not what it used to be, everything is too hyped up.

R.I.P.

I won't even get on the cliche old man soap box, but it is what it is. I am proud to be an early member of this sitea and apart of the culture back when Mike actually played ball. This stuff these days is a joke....the pinnacle of the "fad menality" is approaching and it will bottom out sooner than later.

Haven't bought a pair of Jordans since 2003-2004. Once the quality spiked and the price started to rise, I lost interest in all that. It used to be a great way to meet people with similar inerest, basketball, fashion, music, make a little money, help out the next man, etc. Now it is nothing like it used to be....or maybe I just am on a different wavelength.

Best wishes to all the long time members and I hope everyone is making positive strides in their lives. Been a long time.

I remember you!
Welcome back bro. :wink:
True. I'll be 27 this coming March, I joined this board when I was 16 years old. Priorities have just shifted as we got older.

The crazy thing is, I lurk now and then in the JB forum mostly and it just seems so different than the vibe of the ezboard days. Dudes like Kerry, JJ, menace5star, Excelldorado Red, just reconnected with Prodigy3919 on Instagram, it's just been so long.

lol I remember you too

Im sorta og
ditto :lol: i been on NT since 06-07. I remember when the legit check forum was full of spongebob dub zero's and wild colored jordans :lol: dudes couldnt even tell differences of fakes back then :smh: now everyone and their mothers sneaker experts and collectors..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom