Where were you on 9/11?

Since its the 10 year anniversary of the worst terrorist attack on American soil, I decided to go back and look on youtube of footage of the breaking news from different news outlets to see exactly how the news was portrayed. Anchors were stunned, and speechless. It was my first time seeing the actual news reporting during the attacks because I was in school at the time. So, where were YOU when you found out, or saw what had happened. 
Personally, I was in 5th grade and was in a computer lab, and all of the sudden the teachers just began panicking, and us naive students had no idea what was going on, until later. 

Here is the video of the breaking news being reported when the planes hit if anyone wants to watch

NOW BACK TO FOOTBALL  

i was with 3 friends, we skippped school to cop some smoke and the blueprint

i was in the car and i think miss jones was on the radio when she cut the music off and broke the news

I was in 11th grade, got out early played some pick up football until my man's mother drove by and scooped us all up to make us get inside and take a look at what was going down...up until then we had no idea the realness of what was going on 
eek.gif
tired.gif

It was before school in the morning. My older brother woke me up to watch the news. I remember him telling me that it was something I would never forget

I was in third grade, and I remember my teacher going to the phone. She kept calm about it though, and slowly took us out into the field & let us know that we were free to go home.

middle school in class. we had no idea what was going on throughout theday, only saw some classmates being pulled out of school at odd times, otherwise everything appeared normal. wasnt until mom picked me up and explained to me what happened. the only channel that worked that day was cbs 
tired.gif

8th grade I believe... English class when I heard about what was going on, Library and watched the 2nd plane hit the tower. Went home to watch the all day coverage.
frown.gif

4th Grade when I still lived in Orlando, FL. My mom picked me up from school telling me there were planes dropping bombs everywhere. #smh I was shook. 

4th grade we was chilling on the rug readin a story when some girl looked out the window and seen the twin towers was on fire (view from BK), we all ran to the window like oh %+@+ then we sat back down then later she spotted that it collapsed
tired.gif

School (high school).
My teacher (whose class I was in when we got the news) lost her daughter in NYC.
She held her composure like a champ though.
A security guard at my old JHS lost his daughter that day as well.

I was in Virginia, stationed at Dam Neck (Navy). I had been asleep all morning because my "C-school" was night. Someone woke me up by banging on my door and I wasn't happy about it. I went to the door pissed and this guy told me we had to muster soon. I went to the lobby of my barracks to see what was going on and I was so groggy that none of it seemed real.

I immediately wondered why the WTC again, after 93's bombing. I tried to call my family, but the phones were jammed. At the time I had a family member stationed at the Pentagon, so when I finally did get in touch with family, they were wondering if he was ok. I don't even think he was there that day, thinking back.

I went to New York a couple of months after with a friend but didn't go to ground zero. It really seems like a long time ago now.

Third grade, PS165Q in Queens. Parents kept coming to pick their kids up early and no one had any idea what was going on. My mom finally came to get me and she told me what happened. The teachers never told us and they were very calm

Senior year of high school in Economics class. I remember our teacher was crying and this insensitive dude asking her did her boyfriend dump her in an attempt to be funny. She told him to get his F'N *** in the hallway. We watched the news in silence after that until the announcement came on that we were going home.

12th grade. News broke before I even got to school but still had to go to school. All I remember is watching coverage of it all day, don't think anything else was done that day, for good reason.

Back
Top Bottom