Where's the best carne asada fries?

So I hit up Alvaro's on Orangethorpe
My friends brothers live off orangethorpe...i might have to check this place out next time i'm up there...

But
indifferent.gif
at the drivers in that area...some old lady hit me onlincoln and totaled my car
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

^^^^^

yeah JJC

Los Jilbertos...University Ave. in riverside is the spot for carne asada fries

BAYSICK where you at? hahahaha

bein a ucsd student ive hit up a lot of spots in sd. im surprised no1s mentioned coxitians! aka codys? i love that place. lol and after all this lolitas hype ifinally went (the 1 on clairemont rite?)- their ca fries tasted just like roberto's ca fries. little dissapointed. pollo asado fries ftw! lol

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

bein a ucsd student ive hit up a lot of spots in sd. im surprised no1s mentioned coxitians! aka codys? i love that place. lol and after all this lolitas hype i finally went (the 1 on clairemont rite?)- their ca fries tasted just like roberto's ca fries. little dissapointed. pollo asado fries ftw! lol

Because Cotixans is weak sauce.

Also, you went to the Clairemont location of Lolitas. You ain't knowin' about the OG triple OG Lolitas on Telegraph Canyon Rd./ L Street. That'swhat's up.

Maybe I'm just hypin' Lolitas because the owners were my neighbors back in the day. Word to George and Juan.
tongue.gif

But the most recent taco shop that got my attention as of late is LuchaLibre formely Valentino's next to Bar Dynamite. They changed the whole set up, and I have to admit, their Champion Fries aka Carne Asada Fries are legit.Very different and tasty. Champion Shimp Fries FTW.
pimp.gif

Actually the only redeeming thing about Cotixans is their "hot" sauce. So weak sauce is a funny way to make fun of them.

haha for sure. cotixians sauce on any other mexi food = perfection. kb8, r all the spots u hit up way more south? lol i want to check em out but if i hav 2 gonear chula vista, might as well cross the boarder for some authentic rite?

haha for sure. cotixians sauce on any other mexi food = perfection. kb8, r all the spots u hit up way more south? lol i want to check em out but if i hav 2 go near chula vista, might as well cross the boarder for some authentic rite?

Yep.

My spots are down South.

The only time I'll cross the border is for some tacos or some TJ Hot Dogs.

If you're ever in the area, I recommend hitting up Saritas off the 94. Not bad of a spot. Their Adobada Fries are on hit. Also Colima's on Bonita Rd.

haha damn kb8 u got every sd mexican food place on lock! down by chula vista im guessin rite? ahhh 1$ tj hotdogs. always think theyre sketch but gotta love em.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

haha for sure. cotixians sauce on any other mexi food = perfection. kb8, r all the spots u hit up way more south? lol i want to check em out but if i hav 2 go near chula vista, might as well cross the boarder for some authentic rite?

Yep.

My spots are down South.

The only time I'll cross the border is for some tacos or some TJ Hot Dogs.

If you're ever in the area, I recommend hitting up Saritas off the 94. Not bad of a spot. Their Adobada Fries are on hit. Also Colima's on Bonita Rd.

Saritas was the spot back in my high school days. I went to Monte Vista and Josh (the nephew of the owner) used to hook it up for free. But the prices haveskyrocketed since then. Its still worth the money IMO. and considering its a 5 min drive from my house. Dennis, how did you hear about Saritas? lol. Its kindahole in the wall in Casa De Oro. Not really a big destination...

^
A former homeboy introduced me to it.

He asked me a while back not to blow up the spot cause his spring valley homies didn't want the spot to get burnt. Now I don't give a damn. I sendeverybody over there.
laugh.gif

Budget Carne Asada Fries. Half order with sour cream for like $5 and some change. Good deal big time. Especially, since the half order is equivalent to that ofa full order at some places.

haha damn kb8, 1 day imma ask u for the addresses to all these top spots. imma try 2 drive down with my friends on a marathon n hit up these spots. lol
so lolitas in clairemont isnt as g status as the further south 1s? maybe if i go rosarito for spring break ill hit em up on the way up.

Damn Saritas after school was a Monte Vista tradition (c/o 99!)

That establishment will forever stay close to my heart, and dodging the panty man to get fries was part of the fun.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Damn Saritas after school was a Monte Vista tradition (c/o 99!)

That establishment will forever stay close to my heart, and dodging the panty man to get fries was part of the fun.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That dude is nuts! You talking about the (homeless) dude that wears girl clothes around right? That dude tripped me out. Was that Narc Zig at MV inyour day?

The panty man walked around Casa de Oro asking young women for their panties.

He had elephantitis on his legs and wore stained blue sweats and funny glasses.

He has discovered the internet however and now posts his interests on Niketalk as "Georgehimself."

Man, if Saritas was the spot for you Monte Vista cats, then Lolitas on Bonita Rd. was like the Max for us 99 Bonita Vista cats.

I remember the days of ditching class and countless nights after football games posted over there grubbing on Carne Asada Fries and then playing some X-Men vs.Street Fighter. LOL. They used to trip about sharing cups for sodas also. The times have changed.

But I can't forget about ditching class and heading down south to Palm Ave to hit up Noelbertos and Jilbertos for the OG triple OG Carne Asada Fries.

imma be down in sd this weekend. i got family off of dairy mart rd off the 5 where im staying at. whats some good spots near by i could try? im sure my familyknow but maybe yall know a spot they might not know of haha

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^
Jilbertos on Palm Ave.

That's all that needs to be said.

good lookin bro. i told my cousin as soon as i get there im trying this stuff. hahaha
laugh.gif

haha kb8s got the mexican joints of sd on lock.
imma have to make a trip down south (lol from la jolla) and see what all this hype is about.
ive been satisfied with robertos n cotijians but gotta c if im missin out. lol

Back
Top Bottom