Where's the humor in Pineapple Express? Do you have to be a pothead to enjoy it?

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

"F*** THA POLICE!"

lol.
b351693b7c7155ba654da05a2a81e29c86af6f92.gif

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

These guys were funnier than Rogen and Franco
c2625e7e33eded7d25b3ba4040239b07daa4030.pjpg
tihs man speaks the truth......especially the two on the left......freakin' hiiiilarious......just listen to everything they say......

laugh.gif
at the part where Red is sitting next to the toilet playing crossroads.

Dude couldn't die.
laugh.gif

People thought this WASN'T funny...? I thought it was hilarious. As a matter of fact, I'm about to watch it now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rrd008

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

These guys were funnier than Rogen and Franco
c2625e7e33eded7d25b3ba4040239b07daa4030.pjpg
tihs man speaks the truth......especially the two on the left......freakin' hiiiilarious......just listen to everything they say......
The black dude is funny, but one thing I notice about the guy in the middle, McBride?, and Seth Rogen, is that they always seem to play the exactsame character.
Rogen is always a pothead, and McBride is always a d-bag.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by BoilerUp1987

this movie was classic. you dont have to be a pothead, but you have to understand pothead humor.. like the part where they were gathering things at James Franco's apartment to run from the guys chasing them and all they take are snacks and weed.. thats hilarious.. but you wouldnt understand that if you didnt understand pothead humor..

pineapple express was a classic.. if you dont understand it.. then you have a very simple sense of humor
pothead humor isn't hard to figure out....who doesn't understand what "munchies" are associated with? The movie was basic, and not hard to understand...I think you missed the point of the thread. Maybe it's not so much implying that I have a simple sense of humor, and that's the reason that I didn't enjoy the movie...but rather don't you think one NEEDS a simple sense of humor to find it funny in the first place? Hmmmm....Look...I found Harold and Kumar hilarious and Half Baked is one of my favorite movies of all-time...but you can't tell me that Pineapple Express was on either of those levels....those movies were heavily "pot" influenced...I don't smoke, but I found the humor....Pineapple Express...not so much.
Harold and Kumar was decent IMO, Half Baked i love, Pineapple Express was amazing to me, besides the fact that i found it absolutely hilarious, itwas one of the most well done comedies ive seen in a while.. i enjoy lots of stupid, juvenile humor still for being 21.. maybe that makes me immature, maybe itdoesnt.. but i can still get a great laugh at stupid comedies.. i guess thats what it comes down to in the end..

I'm 23, never smoked weed, never care to, so I didn't want to watch this movie, at first. I was bored with a few free Redbox's so I decided to rentit a couple weeks ago - one of THE most HILARIOUS movies I've ever watched. I think it will be hilarious to watch it again (unlike Knocked Up andForgetting Sarah Marshall, both of which I thought were hilarious, weren't as good the next times around). Then again, those movies proved me wrong... Ithought they would still be hella funny the 2nd time around.

It wasn't that funny when I saw it. It had its moments though... nothing to call the homies over imo.

I think you have to be high to watch it but that's just me

the black dude just did a stand up at my college this week. didnt get to see it tho.

heard it was PACKED and he was hella funny.

-Watched is sober the first time in the theater, my boys and I loved it and thought it was pretty close to classic.
-Watched it high out of my mind the second time and had a panic attack midway through the movie because I smoked too much/it was too funny.
-Watched it for the third time sober yesterday and didn't really laugh throughout the movie but enjoyed it.

A classic in my eyes are movies like Anchorman that make me laugh watching it for the billionth time but this was a good movie and you don't need to be apothead to enjoy it.

not a pothead...but found it funny. it was stupid as all hell, but it was funny.

pineapple express was a classic.. if you dont understand it.. then you have a very simple sense of humor
please tell me you're joking with that statement

pineapple express is a movie MADE for people with a very simple sense of humor. Not much witty banter in this garbage flick. Had some good parts but maaaanyall hype average stuff on NT way to much.

please tell me how Pineapple express is some kind of enlightening comedy experiance

Not a pothead...and I found it extremely funny

Franco delivered one of the most unexpected comedy performances ever..I thought the movie was great

Originally Posted by DubA169

please tell me you're joking with that statement

pineapple express is a movie MADE for people with a very simple sense of humor. Not much witty banter in this garbage flick. Had some good parts but maaaan yall hype average stuff on NT way to much.

please tell me how Pineapple express is some kind of enlightening comedy experiance experience

Back
Top Bottom