Which cars do you prefer? Euro vs. Japanese vs. American

--I'll take Euro.
--Then Japanese.
--I would never drive American. Unless I won the vehicle.

roll.gif
@buick's being more reliable than honda's

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I've owned all and the my favorite is American.
Well damn...

care to explain why?

i'd like to hear the explanation as well
grin.gif

After going through buying, maintaining, paying off, and more maintaining of a cars...you get to a point to where the overall value of your purchase
outweighs opinions.
I like American cars because late used V8 performance models can be bought at a great price, they are reliable, and very inexpensive to maintain.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

I'll take American then Euro. I'm not into Japanese cars at all. I'm curious, what are some of you guys basing the "American cars suck" mentality off of? Euro is nice but 95% of the Euro cars myself and everyone else dream of are pretty much unattainable. I don't plan on dropping 100k on a new Porsche anytime soon or even in the future. .

What kind of cars are you talking about, Lambos and Ferrari's? 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I could say the same thing about American Cars that I want...Vipers, Corvette ZR1, Shelby GT500 - those cars are unattainable for me.

95% of American cars are unreliable...you buy one and theres a huge chance it will breakdown in the first 3 years.

I'll stick with what i can afford, a C-Class, 3-Series, Audi A3 or A4....Etc. 
50k for a Corvette is a lot more attainable than a 100k Porsche. And yes i am talking about Lambos and Ferraris, i said 95% of the cars myself and others DREAM of are unattainable so yes lambo and ferrari would classify as that. And please give me evidence that a brand new American car within the last two years will break down on you within three years. Look up 2009 jd power awards reliability ratings, and tell me what company and more importantly what country the most reliable carmaker was. Cadillac, Lincoln, Mercury, Ford, and Buick all beat BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Nissan, Scion, Mitsubishi, and Mazda in reliability for 2009. Even Buick and Mercury beat out Honda and Acura and the rest of the imports i just mentioned.  So before going and basing some random facts you pulled out your @@$ or made up due to your hate for them please do some research.
You're comparing a 50k Corvette to a Porsche?  I said the Corvette ZR1 which is also over 100k.  And how many people actually drive Lambos and Ferraris?  Besides I don't need biased online statistics that are probably made by biased testers.  Just drive around look at car shops and you'll see how many broke cars are there that are American. I have no hate towards American cars, they are affordable but I will not take my chances in purchasing one. There are only a few American Cars i would consider, the Range Rover, Corvette ZR1, Shelby GT 500, Some Cadillacs...and these cars are unattainable for me as well.  Other than that, no I wouldnt dare buy one, unless I had no other choice or forced to purchase one.  No hate just preference.

Whether u want to believe it or not ...

American cars are the same quality or better than foreign cars in the same class.

Originally Posted by Prada G

European.

It's not even close.

If money is no object and we're talking about our dream cars, then yeah, Euro and it's not even remotely close.

In fact, if money is no object: Germans and/or Italians alone > Japanese/American

However, if we're talking about reasonably priced realistic cars, then maybe Japanese is the way to go.

American cars are the same quality or better than foreign cars in the same class.

Whether u make this claim or not ...

No they aren't.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Proof?

Civic>focus
accord>fusion/taurus
venza>flex/escape.
tundra>f150

That's just ford
grin.gif

3396794921_7a5ddd6ba8_o8999188.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Proof?

Civic>focus
accord>fusion/taurus
venza>flex/escape.
tundra>f150

That's just ford
grin.gif

Is that why the Fusion is motor trend car of the year and the f150 has been the best selling pick up truck in america for the last 30 years. Are you basing this off your personal preference or reality?

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Proof?

Civic>focus
accord>fusion/taurus
venza>flex/escape.
tundra>f150

That's just ford
grin.gif

Is that why the Fusion is motor trend car of the year and the f150 has been the best selling pick up truck in america for the last 30 years. Are you basing this off your personal preference or reality?

I could careless what motor trend says

have u ever sat or drove a fusion? those cars are terrible.

Honestly...a lot of the newer American cars are getting a WHOLE lot better than they were from ~5 years ago, so I wouldn't knock the newer American cars that badly. With that said, I'm not really blown away by the newest Accord or Camry either, and I've driven both. Imo, i'd take the Fusion over the Accord and Camry. And @+! far as the Civic goes, wait til the new Focus comes out...Honda aint ready for it. I wish I would've bought Ford stock earlier in the year than later, they're definitely turning around.

Adding to the discussion...I'm appreciating most American cars staying fairly simple in execution vs. their japanese and european counterparts. Aside from Chrysler, I can't remember cursing about american design and engineering as much as I do about foreign cars.

I'll take American then Euro. I'm not into Japanese cars at all. I'm curious, what are some of you guys basing the "American cars suck" mentality off of? Euro is nice but 95% of the Euro cars myself and everyone else dream of are pretty much unattainable. I don't plan on dropping 100k on a new Porsche anytime soon or even in the future. .

roll.gif
roll.gif

I could say the same thing about American Cars that I want...Vipers, Corvette ZR1, Shelby GT500 - those cars are unattainable for me.

95% of American cars are unreliable...you buy one and theres a huge chance it will breakdown in the first 3 years.

Even Buick and Mercury beat out Honda and Acura

I don't believe it. Proof or ducktales.
Just realized, add Lincoln and Cadillac to that mix to beat out Honda. And here you go.
6a00d83451b3c669e201116906f6a9970c-800wi
Not surprised to see Volkswagen damn near at the bottom of the list, I'd never buy a VW. 

Originally Posted by DRJordanFreak88

roll.gif
roll.gif

Even Buick and Mercury beat out Honda and Acura

I don't believe it. Proof or ducktales.
Just realized, add Lincoln and Cadillac to that mix to beat out Honda. And here you go.
6a00d83451b3c669e201116906f6a9970c-800wi
Not surprised to see Volkswagen damn near at the bottom of the list, I'd never buy a VW. 
That chart is suspect as hell

buick more reliable than scion? come on...

^given that this thread is about preference, I'll let that biased statement pass. I'll be completely honest with you guys...the only Japanese car I'd buy without looking around is a Subaru. Depending on what I'm looking for, I would go with ***, euro or american...but I'm not gonna automatically toss out american cars like others in this thread have.

IMO, euro cars are only worth owning for the first couple of years, then you trade in for a newer model. *** and american cars are the ones to buy for long time ownership.

Back
Top Bottom