Which NFL player would do well in the NBA and vice Versa? Vol just askin....

Originally Posted by dland24

Matt Barnes.
Del Campo Stand Up!

Yeah I remember hearing he was an absolute beast in high school. He had scholarships from schools that were going to let him play both, and UCLA was one ofthe only ones who told him he couldn't play football

His brother was a beast too...too skinny for the L though

CE6DC1236C3941DC98D584A4A3D2FCD1.jpg

i wish lebron would take a 2 year break from the NBA jordan style and play in the NFL. or do NFL in the fall/spring and go back to the NBA in the spring.

but all i have is this

edit: i dont kno how nate robinson was in CFB, but would he be able to make the NFL?

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

Calvin Johnson? SF or SG?

PF or SF
He's 6'4 lol no matter how strong n athletic you cant play SF or PF at 6'4.

Charles Barkley???
barkley_bavetta_slow_dance_5.jpg

He's 6'6 but the NBA was very different back then, compared to today, you could be an effective forward back in the day at 6'6 in this case a hallof famer. Two inches is a big difference especially in todays NBA.

PF or SF

Charles Barkley???

He's 6'6 but the NBA was very different back then, compared to today, you could be an effective forward back in the day at 6'6 in this case a hall of famer. Two inches is a big difference especially in todays NBA.
well they say they add 2 or 3 inches on their player card

PF or SF

Uh beg to differ.A dude named Barkley did it for years at a high level,even had some sig shoes.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by phobguy

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

AI

Real? What Postion?

Quarterback
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Im glad you thought that was funny. Do yourself a favor and go to youtube and search "allen iverson football." Thanks for coming.

just because he was a good high school quarterback doesn't mean he'd do well in the league

^ Well what would you base your answer to the OP's question on then? You could make that claim for EVERYONE. Just because Julius Peppers was a good PF incollege doesnt mean he'd do well in the league. Just because Tony Gonzalez was good at Cal doesnt mean he'd do well in the league. Just because MattBarnes was an incredible WR in high school doesnt mean he'd do well in the league......see my point?

Someone asked what position Iverson would play, and I just commented based on the position he played. No one could possibly answer this question with any sortof certainty.

I don't see any NFL players doing well in the NBA. Tony Gonzalez was a scrub on Cal's basketball team, Peppers was a role player at UNC and AntonioGates was a good mid-major player, no way any of them can hack it against NBA players and they are probably the best basketball players in the NFL.

^ Well what would you base your answer to the OP's question on then? You could make that claim for EVERYONE. Just because Julius Peppers was a good PF in college doesnt mean he'd do well in the league. Just because Tony Gonzalez was good at Cal doesnt mean he'd do well in the league. Just because Matt Barnes was an incredible WR in high school doesnt mean he'd do well in the league......see my point?

Someone asked what position Iverson would play, and I just commented based on the position he played. No one could possibly answer this question with any sort of certainty.
Im talking about dudes who I personally think because of their athleticism and their experience in prior sports would do well in the league. Icould see a lot of basketball players being able to play WO, or maybe as TEs. Especially because a lot of these guys know the game it could probably transferover. You seemed like you got your panties in a twist because dude LOLd over Iverson doing WELL in the league, as the title of the post suggests.

No doubt nobody could answer this question with 100% certainty, however I consider QB to be a tougher position and I doubt he could do WELL in the league as aQB. I bet there is a lot of players in the NBA though who could play WO or TE due to just raw athleticism though.

I know in most cases a lot of players outside of their major sport now, lettered in basketball/football/baseball etc. in High school.

Some played both in College; Hot Peppers, and Ronald Curry...Curry actually was a McDonald's All-American and started for UNC but ended up in the NFL.

I know when you play professional sports you are a value/asset to that team but I wonder will we ever have a two sport 3 sport athlete to play in the NFL,NBA,and MLB or I would settle just to see someone play in the NFL, and NBA.

Originally Posted by ehh

I don't see any NFL players doing well in the NBA. Tony Gonzalez was a scrub on Cal's basketball team, Peppers was a role player at UNC and Antonio Gates was a good mid-major player, no way any of them can hack it against NBA players and they are probably the best basketball players in the NFL.
also, McNabb was a role player on Syracuse's hoop team.

those guys can all play basketball, but no way they would actually make it in the NBA.

a player going from the NBA to the NFL would be a lot easier, just because they'd already have a leg up from their athleticism.

I think it should go without saying that if you straight picked up one player and tossed him in the NFL or NBA he'd be a scrub. This seems more like ahypothetical question, like... "IF a player was trained and had been practicing for years, which players would do well in the other league?"

PF or SF

Charles Barkley???

He's 6'6 but the NBA was very different back then, compared to today, you could be an effective forward back in the day at 6'6 in this case a hall of famer. Two inches is a big difference especially in todays NBA.
Barkley is 6'4, isn't he? I'm pretty sure he confirmed it somewhere. But he simply had more mass and strength than a lot of the guys.Even today, most of the great rebounders aren't huge (except Dwight). Guys like Rodman, Ben Wallace, Jason Maxiel, etc, they weren't reallyexceptionally tall, just well built and muscular...

Back
Top Bottom