Which NFL player would do well in the NBA and vice Versa? Vol just askin....

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

I know in most cases a lot of players outside of their major sport now, lettered in basketball/football/baseball etc. in High school.

Some played both in College; Hot Peppers, and Ronald Curry...Curry actually was a McDonald's All-American and started for UNC but ended up in the NFL.

I know when you play professional sports you are a value/asset to that team but I wonder will we ever have a two sport 3 sport athlete to play in the NFL,NBA, and MLB or I would settle just to see someone play in the NFL, and NBA.
not sure if i'm correctly understanding what you mean here but there's been duo sport athlethes, bo jackson and deion sanders are the mostnotable ones, they played in the NFL and MLB

I'd go with AI.. dude is a beast. Go to youtube and get your knowledge up on how real he was in football.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by ehh

I don't see any NFL players doing well in the NBA. Tony Gonzalez was a scrub on Cal's basketball team, Peppers was a role player at UNC and Antonio Gates was a good mid-major player, no way any of them can hack it against NBA players and they are probably the best basketball players in the NFL.
also, McNabb was a role player on Syracuse's hoop team.

a player going from the NBA to the NFL would be a lot easier, just because they'd already have a leg up from their athleticism.

You have to exceptionally tough to play in the NFL so I dont see never NBA guys dont it,vice versa.

those guys can all play basketball, but no way they would actually make it in the NBA.
You gotta remember too those guys may have made it to the nBA they just didnt have the time to practice their shots like a regular basketballplayer would.

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

Calvin Johnson? SF or SG?

PF or SF
He's 6'4 lol no matter how strong n athletic you cant play SF or PF at 6'4.

Charles Barkley???
barkley_bavetta_slow_dance_5.jpg

He's 6'6 but the NBA was very different back then, compared to today, you could be an effective forward back in the day at 6'6 in this case a hall of famer. Two inches is a big difference especially in todays NBA.
Barkley is 6'4, isn't he? I'm pretty sure he confirmed it somewhere. But he simply had more mass and strength than a lot of the guys. Even today, most of the great rebounders aren't huge (except Dwight). Guys like Rodman, Ben Wallace, Jason Maxiel, etc, they weren't really exceptionally tall, just well built and muscular...

Yeah but were talking about 6'4 Calvin Johnson being a sf or pf. Charles was the exception but even then hes still measures at 6'5 n 1/2. I'mtalking about 6'4 for Calvin Johnson even thought hes athletic and strong, I dont think he would make it in the NBA as a PF or a SF.

On our boy TO.....

Jim Calhoun once coached against Terrell Owens. Yup, that Terrell Owens -- T.O. himself. Owens was on the Tennessee-Chattanooga team that UConn crushed, 100-71, in an opening-round NCAA tournament game on March 16, 1995 out in Salt Lake City. (Maybe this is common knowledge to UConn fans, but it's new to me).

T.O.'s line? 0-0 FG, 0-0 FT, 1 rebound in 1 minute of play. And no doubt, plenty of yelling at his coaches for not playing him enough, and his point guard for not getting him the ball.

Dude ain't getting burn for UT-Chattanooga, he's not sniffing the league.

Back
Top Bottom