Which one of these basketball shoes is better, performance-wise?

Nike Hyperize
Air Jordan IV
Zoom Kobe IV

If anyone has tried all three or any of them, which would you say would be the best shoe for basketball?

i am wondering what the ankle support is like on the kobe IVs cause i want those for the season but if the ankle support is sub-par i will get the hyperize.can anyone help on this?

the kobe iv's have good stability in the ankle due to the plastic cup holding your foot in place but i like to double sock for the extra snug fit

Definitely not the Jordan IV. Horrible forefoot cushioning, not much heel cushioning, and traction isn't that great either.

My Mist Blue IVs felt like bricks, the hyperize's dont feel like anything to me, so i guess Kobe IVs is your best bet. Everybody loves them and talks abouthow good they perform.

Originally Posted by Kadilac7

ZKIV FTW!

Cosigh! AJ IV's for balling? No no no.. Hyperizes FORGET these! The stability and protection sucks! Many broken ankle posts even broken outriggers!!! Theysuck. KOBE IV ALL THE WAY! Imo you can't find better shoes than the Hyperdunks and the Kobe IV!
pimp.gif

In terms of first time fit it's the hyperizes. I have both shoes and the Kobes take a little while to break into whilst the hyperizes take maybe 2/3 wearsbefore feeling as comfortable as they should. The Kobes however are good but I'm always surpicious about the ankle support.

Hyperizes are the cheapest shoes I've ever seen, the Jordan IVs are incredibly outdated and uncomfortable

The Kobe IVs are the best, hands down.

Depends on what kind of ankle support you prefer. Both Kobe IV and Hyperize are great for bball cuz they are durable, comfortable and fairly light. However thekobe's offer no ankle support which some people prefer because it gives you more freedom to move. The hyperize gives more ankle support but you are morelimited in mobility. I wouldn't recommend the jordan ivs at all for bball. I like em but not for bball.

I was sort of in your shoes man, here's my opinion
i just started using some Kobe IV shoes that i was given from a friend and i must say i am impressed. I was worried about ankle support and all that because Ihave weak ankles, but once i wore the shoe, i felt it had enough support for me thanks to the sort of lockdown effect of the collar. Try them out, you mightlike them. They feel really comfortable and light. I would steer clear of the Hyperize, while they are quite light, they have almost no support of the foot andthe quality is cheap and some guys on my team have gotten hurt because of it. Some guys like them, some guys don't. I have seen some CRAZY pictures of NBAplayer's hyperizes almost crumpling under their feet though.

If you REALLY want a mid with decent lightness and durability, go with the Zoom Soldier III. Everyone seems to like that shoe because it has a decent combo oflightness and support. Our team was given that shoe from Nike, and its gotten great feedback from just about everyone.

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Depends on what kind of ankle support you prefer. Both Kobe IV and Hyperize are great for bball cuz they are durable, comfortable and fairly light. However the kobe's offer no ankle support which some people prefer because it gives you more freedom to move. The hyperize gives more ankle support but you are more limited in mobility. I wouldn't recommend the jordan ivs at all for bball. I like em but not for bball.
False, there is a TPU Piece that binds and stables your feet so your ankles do not roll or move. Higher top shoes does not mean support when allit does is cover the area of your ankle.

Its a proven myth, and when your ankles roll, they are gonna roll, nothing can fully prevent it from happening.
But for overall performance and support, Kobe IV>Hyperize>AJ IV.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Depends on what kind of ankle support you prefer. Both Kobe IV and Hyperize are great for bball cuz they are durable, comfortable and fairly light. However the kobe's offer no ankle support which some people prefer because it gives you more freedom to move. The hyperize gives more ankle support but you are more limited in mobility. I wouldn't recommend the jordan ivs at all for bball. I like em but not for bball.
False, there is a TPU Piece that binds and stables your feet so your ankles do not roll or move. Higher top shoes does not mean support when all it does is cover the area of your ankle.

Its a proven myth, and when your ankles roll, they are gonna roll, nothing can fully prevent it from happening.
But for overall performance and support, Kobe IV>Hyperize>AJ IV.
I do own the Kobe IVs. But I have never balled in them. You might be right with the TPU Piece that binds ur ankle but I don't feel that itgives you the best support when you ball compared to other shoes. Then again I've never balled in them. I would suggest to tape them just in case.

^oh i see, i thought you balled in them and said they offer no support, but i wasn't believing it myself until i tried it out.
It took me a few times but i overcame the fear of rolling an ankle in them.

Back
Top Bottom