which shoes are better tmac 6 or lebron 4?

Joined Dec 22, 2006
Let's compare them a lil bit.

T-Mac VI

Fit: The fit is good but not great since it allows some movement on the heel and on the toebox but overall it's snug. (8.5)
Cushioning: The cushioning works very well especially when you're running or making a drive. (8.5)
Comfort: It's a very comfortable shoe better than the T-Mac V. (9)
Ventilation: The ventilation is great! I wear 2 socks and after a 3 hour play my feet felt very dry. (9.5)
Traction: The traction is impressive! You can feel the pods beneath working a lot! (9)
Performance: The ForMotion technology is splendid! (9.5)
Ankle Protection: Not very good. ( 8 )
Overall Protection: Good (9)

ZLIV

Fit: It fells big on the toebox but the overall fit is awesome (9)
Cushioning: Lovely! Very sweet! So good! (9.5)
Comfort: It's one of the most comfortable bball sneakers nowadays! (10)
Ventilation: The ventilation is nice but due to the foams tight fit you may feel some heat on the midfoot. (9)
Traction: The traction is really great! You feel that your feet are on the ground on every step you take. (9.5)
Performance: A high performance shoe! (10)
Ankle protection: Superb! (9.5)
Overall protection: Perfect especially on the midfoot! (10)

Summary: IMO the ZLIV is a much better shoe but for the bigger players! The T-Mac VI is a shoe for all positions!

tvunit696969

Banned
Joined Apr 20, 2007
i would stick with the lebron IV's just based on comforatbility and the style is raw too

t-macs r okay but if money isnt a matter then theyre are both pretty much the same price
I am the Beast... i dont even talk i let the visa speak. and i like my sprite easter pink
YaDaDaI?

Joined Jun 11, 2007
i would go with the lebrons. the tmacs are good shoes but the lebrons are better imo

Joined Nov 12, 2007
id take the 6s
i use them for out doors now casue i wore them out n the traction outdoor is better than indoor when they were new
but when i used them when they were new, the shoe was pretty good
comfort n fit have been a bit better, its abit narrow at some points n the heel counter and ankle support definatly could have been better (a bit wide n theheels counter ends too low)
overall though, it was a good ride in them
comfort: 7.5/10
construction: 8/10
ankle support:6.5/10
traction: 8/10
overall: 8/10-ive seen n tried out the 4s too, never kept them, n id saw the 6s r better

Joined Nov 12, 2007
If weight is an issue for you, the LeBrons are some of the heaviest shoes out. The TMacs are the lighter shoe, and it seems that a few have failed to mentionthat.

Joined Dec 13, 2004
T-Mac 6 gets my vote too. It just feels much better in my foot and the formotion system feels pretty good. The LBJIV felt real heavy and bulky and I would onlyrecommend for bigger players.

Joined Nov 12, 2007
lol military hummers r heavy slow pieces of...
ya i rolled a couple times in the 6s but only after they were all old n worn out

Joined Apr 5, 2002
T-Mac VI's are in my top 5. The Formotion pods really help with stability and the padding around the ankle creates a lockdown fit

Joined Dec 23, 1999
Both arent the greatest performance shoes out.

T-Mac 6:
Pros- Very natural feel, comfortable, good fit at forefoot, pretty stable platform and support underfoot
Cons- I didnt like the heel and ankle fit, cushioning was adequete and natural feeling but lacked any responsiveness, traction on dustier courts was bad.

Lebron IV:
Pros- Lockdown fit, unmatched support all around the foot, durable, great traction, responsive cushioning
cons- VERY heavy, shoe didnt feel natural and court feel was sub-par, shoe imparted an almost chunky feel with poor heel-toe transition, due to the nature ofthe foamposite material some people may have fit issues.

Joined Dec 8, 2005
^^^ Almost exactly my opinion. After a year in both, I would go with the T-Mac if I was buying today. The Lebron just never felt right while I was playing init. Some shoes you just never get a natural feel for, and I am heavier for my size, so I thought it would eventually get better, but it just feels clunky. TheT-Mac, like Storm said, does not have the traction, but I liked the cushioning. It was firm and flexed just right while playing, and is very stable. I thoughtthe heel fit was excellent, though I have wide feet. The LB has great cushioning, but I think it is almost too mushy, making me feel slower. Probably not true,but just how it feels.

Top Bottom