White Philly Cop Told to Lose Cornrows

if he got braids.. he obviously had long hair.. why the hell they didn't tell dude to get a haircut beforehand?

Originally Posted by rufusmac23

why in this whitewashed society is long hair on a male considered unprofessional.....jesus had long hair
and where im from it's not uncommon to see law enforcement officials with unconventional hair styles or even body art.....it helps them blend in especially undercovers
qft

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

if he got braids.. he obviously had long hair.. why the hell they didn't tell dude to get a haircut beforehand?

Same thing I was wondering.

If police officers, or anybody else in a position of power, feel like their hair needs to make them more "professional" or "authoritative," they're probably not fit for whatever the job may be.

Its called presentation...It is what life is based on. I dont understand why this is such a hard subject for some of NT to wrap its head around. If you presentyourself in a clean and put together manner you will be taken more seriously and have more pull during negotiations of power.

When you are shopping and you see a can that is all dented up and dirty, do you buy that one? Or do you grab the nice one next to it?

laugh.gif
only in philly

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Originally Posted by J Burner

I'd expect all cops to have to low cuts to look professional. Why does everything always have to be about race?
Because you know damn well if the report said a white superior told a black officer that his cornrows were unacceptable, the NAACP and The good Reverend Jackson would be screaming racism at the top of their lungs.
Ehh that's kind of true.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But police have the same requirements as the military when it comes to grooming so I don't see how he didn't see this coming[/color]
/thread

Originally Posted by encore2007

So the white guy has to cut his braids and the black guys get to keep theirs. Thats not right
Truth. Racism works both ways. /thread

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

Did everyone saying the other black officers had to cut theirs miss this

"The Philadelphia Daily News reported Monday that Officer Thomas Strain was put on desk duty this month because of the braids, even though the paper reported dozens of black officers wear cornrows."

I'm trusting the paper over the one cops memory, sorry. Whatever the rule is it should be enforced equally..
Reported and confirmed are two different things, journalism 101. The paper lists no credible sources, and without sources, we call that hearsay. If this were a fact i'm sure the white cop would come forward, why? Because he could sue for discrimination. This story holds no weight.

truth. That was pure sensationalism, trying to stir up feelings by putting out hearsay. If it were true he could have got at least an anonymous source tomake a statement or something. If it were true the white cop could have sued the pants off of the force and would be sitting pretty on glenn beck counting hismillions while rush says this happens in obama's america.

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

I'd expect all cops to have to low cuts to look professional. Why does everything always have to be about race?
Because you know damn well if the report said a white superior told a black officer that his cornrows were unacceptable, the NAACP and The good Reverend Jackson would be screaming racism at the top of their lungs.
Ehh that's kind of true.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But police have the same requirements as the military when it comes to grooming so I don't see how he didn't see this coming[/color]
/thread
laugh.gif

no way, you know how many cops I see with dreads in DC?

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Ehh that's kind of true.

But police have the same requirements as the military when it comes to grooming so I don't see how he didn't see this coming
/thread
laugh.gif

QFT... This is exactly what I came in here to post... So many cops in DC have braids or dreads...

I work in an office, have braids and I'm white...

What is wrong with wearing your hair a certain way? Is that going to effect his perfomance??

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Ehh that's kind of true.

/thread
laugh.gif

QFT... This is exactly what I came in here to post... So many cops in DC have braids or dreads...

What is wrong with wearing your hair a certain way? Is that going to effect his perfomance??
No but it's going to effect how clients and share holders view the company.

You must be a low level employee or work back office and have minimal client interaction.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Ehh that's kind of true.

/thread
laugh.gif

No but it's going to effect how clients and share holders view the company.

You must be a low level employee or work back office and have minimal client interaction.
That is exptremely old school thinking. Just because you have long hair you are not professional? ****. Plenty of people in high paying/highcustomer interaction jobs have longer hair. That is stupid/discriminatory to think that just because your hair is long, you are not a good worker.

So by your statement the same person with long hair cuts their hair and automatically (like magic) becomes a better worker and is more respected? Child Please.

^ If i was tryna get some professional business done, i'd be hoping i wasnt interacting with some white kid with braids. looks
indifferent.gif
and
laugh.gif
so i wouldnt beable to take him seriously.

Back
Top Bottom