Whitney Houston died Vol. 48

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by sickickz23

this pic says it all
both gone too soon....my parents were big fans of Whitney Houston...I gave them a call and they are upset and stunned.....

both MJ and Whitney broke the color barriers of MTV....before Janet Jackson....before Mariah Carey......that's a pretty big accomplishment...RIP Whitney...
tired.gif

grin.gif
 If anything it was Mike that did it bruh, he helped Whitney get play.

Just saying....

Mike made more of an impact being the first....but as far as the female black artists....she was first

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by beh235

Bobby Brown has NOTHING to do with this. Why are people saying this? So others are responsible for your bad habits/actions? Yeah ok 
indifferent.gif
They were bad for each other, both enablers to the other one, so in a way, yes, that's very possible.
I personally do don't blame him, long term drug use in general will do that. No one (unless you were close to her) can truly say

if she had been clean for awhile or not, but more than likely, that's exactly what killed her.

RIP to both the singer and the person.

Whitney has a history of substance abuse in her family...how are you blaming Bobby and they haven't been together for a few years now?
I wanna see Mariah in on a tribute...if i have to hear Count on Me w/CeCe Winans i will lose it cuz i played that song when i was little and a friend died.
my heart goes out to her daughter & i won't believe Ray J had anything to do w/this until its confirmed
I had actually meant I don't blame him. My mistake.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Jetpacunlimited:
Say your the #1 rapper in the world, and you basically changed the game for EVERY rapper after you. When you pass... who would you want tributing to your memory... The artest who knew you best, work with you the most, or the most popular act of that time? Just a question. and I do agree with you as there is no "need" for a connection.
Oh, no doubt I would want my tribute to be done by someone who had worked with me and knew me to some degree, as opposed to being done by someone who was simply one of the most popular acts of the day. So with that being said, does Hudson fit that 'worked with her and knew her' description? And does Beyoncé fit that 'popular singer but they never really had any interaction' description? And I'm legitimately asking, because I legitimately don't know.

Beyonce doesn't fit at all. Aside from dude on NT gassed at her being the "queen".. and im  def not a fan of the "Hudson" thing... i've said Marriah or Chaka Khan
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Both knew her extremely well and are from that era..

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

this pic says it all
both gone too soon....my parents were big fans of Whitney Houston...I gave them a call and they are upset and stunned.....

both MJ and Whitney broke the color barriers of MTV....before Janet Jackson....before Mariah Carey......that's a pretty big accomplishment...RIP Whitney...
tired.gif

grin.gif
 If anything it was Mike that did it bruh, he helped Whitney get play.

Just saying....

Mike made more of an impact being the first....but as far as the female black artists....she was first
Oh then yeah, in that case. 
laugh.gif

But I don't think the color barrier had anything to do with sex, it was just that MTV hated black people (they wouldn't even give my dude Prince that much play). 

"Billie Jean" changed it all. 
pimp.gif

MJ = King. 

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Jetpacunlimited:
Say your the #1 rapper in the world, and you basically changed the game for EVERY rapper after you. When you pass... who would you want tributing to your memory... The artest who knew you best, work with you the most, or the most popular act of that time? Just a question. and I do agree with you as there is no "need" for a connection.
Oh, no doubt I would want my tribute to be done by someone who had worked with me and knew me to some degree, as opposed to being done by someone who was simply one of the most popular acts of the day. So with that being said, does Hudson fit that 'worked with her and knew her' description? And does Beyoncé fit that 'popular singer but they never really had any interaction' description? And I'm legitimately asking, because I legitimately don't know.

Beyonce doesn't fit at all. Aside from dude on NT gassed at her being the "queen".. and im  def not a fan of the "Hudson" thing... i've said Marriah or Chaka Khan
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Both knew her extremely well and are from that era..

I agree you with that, so far it's looking like it's gonna be Jennifer Hudson and Chaka Khan

and I don't think I was gassed at all, (don't even know if you're referring to me)  I just think she has the voice to do a tribute, I didn't take anything from the 

other singers or say they couldn't or shouldn't...

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by Retro23J

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Beyonce doesn't fit at all. 
I think you need a male and female who are truly influenced by her
my vote would be Alicia Keys and Robin Thicke 

if you wanna talk influence...
Christina, Brandy, J. Hud and probably a few others...

nothing about Alicia makes me think she could do Whitney justice...

Brandy isn't the best singer but its not secret Whitney was her idol and their Cinderalla movie was a dream come true for Brandy and today is her bday
tired.gif
 i'm sure she'a mess along w/Clive Davis who was trying really hard to get Whitney together...

i read Bobby was doing a NE concert tonight and wasn't doing well trying to hold it together as expected...

hopefully Bodyguard, the Cinderalla movie and The Preacher's Wife come on soon...love all 3

told myself a month ago to but the Preacher's Wife Soundtrack again...the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack >* although I don't expect most NT'rs to have heard it
laugh.gif

Living in an era where a lot of people don't know who Whitney Houston even is...we're getting old. Feels bad man 
30t6p3b.gif

I played her whole catalog, "My Love is Your Love FINALLY Broke Me".........thats all you gonna get from Whitney.................Damn

RIP

Weird thing is.....................It feels like she died a long time ago......Yo I smoke my spliffs and I dont ever see myself going past that... I wish some of these celebrities would be content with the same high......

Spark up fellas

Rest in Peace Whitney. You up there with the good people now. Personally, I always wanted these 2 together.

Back
Top Bottom