Who are you Insured by? (Car Insurance)

Need to go car insurance shopping. I was under my dads policy but the insurance agent called and said I can no longer be under his policy and must purchasemy own, kind of odd because I thought at the age of 24 or 25 then you need your own policy.

-full-time college student
-2 speeding tickets in past 3 years
-1 accident, car was totaled, insurance paid 23k for car, no injuries, car slid on ice, no ticket.

I was quoted 4.5k a year for me and the IS350.

Allstate
-not full coverage though
-$726 6-months
-22 YO
-Acura TL-S
-No tickets or accidents(yet...too many close calls)

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Need to go car insurance shopping. I was under my dads policy but the insurance agent called and said I can no longer be under his policy and must purchase my own, kind of odd because I thought at the age of 24 or 25 then you need your own policy.

-full-time college student
-2 speeding tickets in past 3 years
-1 accident, car was totaled, insurance paid 23k for car, no injuries, car slid on ice, no ticket.

I was quoted 4.5k a year for me and the IS350.
I have the same stats as you

-Finished school
-1 speeding ticket, another for following too closely
-Totaled my old car while speeding and hit a garbage truck
laugh.gif
Was foundnot at fault and no ticket
pimp.gif
Insurance paid $15k
And I pay roughly $4k/yr now... Somehow cheaper than before the accident
laugh.gif
Allstate.

Geico

-22 years old
-1 speeding ticket
-2001 Acura 3.2 TL
-graduated college May 2009, working full-time
-$115 per month after being discounted for being in an international business honor society
-full coverage

All State

no tickets/accidents
06' Civic SI coupe
part time student
119/month full coverage.

full time college student
07 ford mustang
1 accident (was a word vs. word claim so I dont htink anyone is placed at fault)
1,1000 Every six months FULL COVERAGE
Progressive

State Farm:
-F/T college student
-1 minor accident in a parking lot
-96 Accord

I pay every 6 months and the last payment was $760 but its been going down for the past 3 years.

kind of odd the insurance agent called an said you need your own policy... I work for allstate in ca and we have 30 year olds on their parents policy. A lothas to do with how the car is registered. Are your parents on the registration? The agents get paid on how many policies they have, and obviously you on yourown is more bread for them. Some shady agents out there.

Not saying that is what was going down.. but you never know.. your driving record is def not helping though.

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Geico

-22 24 years old
-1 speeding ticket
-2001 Acura 3.2 TL 2002 Nissan Sentra
-graduated college May 2009, working full-time
-$115 110 per month after being discounted for being in an international business honor society
-full coverage
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom