Who Cuts Their Own Hair?

Zero all the way around for a while now. Takes about 10 minutes tops.

At first I thought I looked kind of stupid, especially cuz my ears stick out a bit.

But I got used to it and everyone said it looked good too. My bro paying like $20 every two weeks, eff that. And lucky me, even if I didn't want a buzzcut, wifey took cosmetology courses and could practically work at a salon.

no offense to you dudes...............................ill edge up between real cuts. been doing that since middle school. thats easy

but a barber is a must. sorry.

I cut my own hair. Been doing it since freshman year in high school, but over the years i learned how to do my own fades, back and everything.

ive been cutting my own hair for a few years.

i use the wahl super taper. grade 2.5 all over then 2 on the sides. i shape up using the edge of the clipper (no guard). then i might use a razor. i use thescissors alot near and above the ears. but i always need help doing the back. saves me alot of time and money. i cut every week so i dont care about fades,just keepin it shaped up and clean.

i cut my own hair. in fact, i haven't paid for a haircut since high school... and that was 12 years ago, lol.

Thanks to the OP for the question, Ive been wondering the same thing. Im going to college next year and would like to learn to cut my hair. Is barber schoolreally necessary?

no barber school is needed to start on cutting ur hair..

ive been cutting my hair for a lil over a year...

i will post pics of cuts that ive done...

since 97, im scared to line it up though, i dont know how it would look since i have a widows peak... anyone have this problem?

Originally Posted by Nermindee

since 97, im scared to line it up though, i dont know how it would look since i have a widows peak... anyone have this problem?
Go to the barber the first time for the shapeup and then when its growing back you'll know where to cut it.

I've been giving myself line-ups since HS. It was rough learning.
laugh.gif

I had that cancer patient look from time to time after failing miserably. I'm good now though...

I been cutting my own hair for maybe six years now. Saves a ton of money, but you gotta practice. It takes time to get those line ups looking hood barber shopfresh. And you need multiple types of clippers, I use a Andis T-Outline for the shape ups and an Andis Headliner for the rest of my hair.

I got a question though how do yall fade the back out? I been too scared to try it so I just keep it even length all around.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...since 1993
yep, me too around that time. now Im cuttin my sons hair. The last time I went to a shop cause I was feeling lazy, I felt like they *$%*#@ my hair up.
been cuttin my hair ever since igot out of county (jan 07)... went to the barber shop about 3 weeks ago and came out with an allyhoop line up likewth dude... barbershop ftl... i'd rather have a old school high/mid top fade or reg fade or even all around with the fresh natural line not going past thewidows. but im wolfin the hell out of it right now. id you wanna learn to cut do it over the holiday in the winter where you can wear a hat and not expect toget over heated. the difference between a good haircut and a bad one is three days
pimp.gif

I been cuttin my own hair since 93 fades and shape up

Lemme tell u if u can cut ya own hair u can cut anybodys hair on point

Its a thousand times harder to cut fade and shape yaself up in multiple mirrors than it is to cut another persons hair

Im a self taught barber and shape up and cut my dad my boss my bro and multiple friends hair over the years includeing tram lines,outlineing and detailed workI love to cut hair but im a perfectionist so it take a while cause I cant have somebody lookin a mess knowin I did that.

Clippers are £20 cut my hair once a week regular haircut in the UK is £5-8 so as u can see im saving big

Plus I self shape up my wrap around beard to that do take time

Peace
Scottie

Back
Top Bottom