Who else out there thinks fraternities are just glorified gangs?

I have a question

So you people that says being a fraternity is great for networking, what happens if your a QUE and you startin networking with a guy that is an ALPHA, what are the chances things don't go well cause you guys are in 2 different frats?

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

You kids have no idea what you're talking about.
laugh.gif

If I could go through the whole college experience again...I would still not join a frat.

To each their own.

Originally Posted by dunks87

I've heard from too many people that are in frats/ sororities that it's highly over rated and that if they could go back and do it again, they wouldn't have joined in the first place.

I don't really have a problem with any of these organizations, I just have a problem with how fake a lot of the people become when they get their "letters".

As for me, I don't do well with comformity and being obligated to spend time with people that I probably would have never befriended if it wasn't for this experience, so with that I say PASS.

But to each its own.

Agreed...

btw... the Sigmas always threw some nice parties on campus...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by soggymayo

No. Anymore questions?

Why did you join a frat?
I had mad friends. I had a girlfriend even and was in a serious relationship. I was on the track team which was a fraternity itself...being that we was the most successful team on campus. It wasn't about getting females or being known. I was known.

But I saw the positive impact the fraternity made throughout the campus and community and wanted to be apart of that. For there to be previous members like Martin Luther King, Jr. (Who did pledge BTW) and Thurgood Marshall...the list goes deep...why not follow in the same footsteps as them?

I saw and know plenty of Bruhs in high positions to help me while I was in college and after. I can't remember the last time I paid to get into a club/party and have received job offer after job offer (As well as internships) because someone in my fraternity knew me and my character. Fraternity smaternity. It's still a business. And if they see that I can carry myself in a business like manner, they'll look out.

Bruhs don't look out for just any bruh though. Can't be out here bummy. But it does put me in the position to get helped. The networking ain't no game. Plenty of Bruhs become Free Masons...and they'll still look out. The #+$@ goes deep...

And I know that every time I go to my Alma Mater, I'll have a place to stay and food to eat. That simple.

I was never the type totally blend in with a group of people...I rather just do my own thing.

dorks who don't have real friends and an excuse to wear really stupid t-shirts and feed alcohol to dumb girls

yeah...but im more inclined to be afraid of a "real" gang puttin lead in me, whereas id be more afraid of a frat boy putting somethin else in me

No. Anymore questions?

Why did you join a frat?
I had mad friends. I had a girlfriend even and was in a serious relationship. I was on the track team which was a fraternity itself...being that we was the most successful team on campus. It wasn't about getting females or being known. I was known.

But I saw the positive impact the fraternity made throughout the campus and community and wanted to be apart of that. For there to be previous members like Martin Luther King, Jr. (Who did pledge BTW) and Thurgood Marshall...the list goes deep...why not follow in the same footsteps as them?

I saw and know plenty of Bruhs in high positions to help me while I was in college and after. I can't remember the last time I paid to get into a club/party and have received job offer after job offer (As well as internships) because someone in my fraternity knew me and my character. Fraternity smaternity. It's still a business. And if they see that I can carry myself in a business like manner, they'll look out.

Bruhs don't look out for just any bruh though. Can't be out here bummy. But it does put me in the position to get helped. The networking ain't no game. Plenty of Bruhs become Free Masons...and they'll still look out. The #+$@ goes deep...

And I know that every time I go to my Alma Mater, I'll have a place to stay and food to eat. That simple.
Well at least you have a reason. When I ask a lot of the kids around here that same question. they say they have no idea or the superficial answer, "I went to one of their parties and it was smacking."

From reading MisterP's post he could of joined to conform and for the security . Just like a gang member.

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

I have a question

So you people that says being a fraternity is great for networking, what happens if your a QUE and you startin networking with a guy that is an ALPHA, what are the chances things don't go well cause you guys are in 2 different frats?

Thats like asking if it'll be problems jus because I'm black and networking with a mexican. It dosen't really matter. There really isn't rivalries like that in the Divine 9. Maybe at certain schools but not nationally.

No. Anymore questions?

Why did you join a frat?

You sound JUST like my uncle....who happens to be an Alpha. Respect

and this

Thats like asking if it'll be problems jus because I'm black andnetworking with a mexican. It dosen't really matter. There really isn'trivalries like that in the Divine 9. Maybe at certain schools but notnationally.
is sooo true. Every campus I've been on the black frats got along....

from personal experience, the black frats on my campus are actually REAL frats and the only frats i actually respect. they're the only ones who actually do @#$% in the community instead of just partying 24/7. they're also some of the friendliest dudes I know, unlike most frat boys that still have that cocky "i was the @#$% in high school" mentality

Back
Top Bottom