-Who here plays Golf?- Vol. Its not a sport, its a networking tool

I hadn't played golf in 10 years until about 4 months ago. Since then I have been hooked again. I am HORRIBLE, but I am getting better every time I go andthat is all I can ask for. Like dude said above it's a great excuse to go hang out with the fellas, drink some beers, smoke some blunts and clown aroundwith each other.

I am using some old POS clubs that are my Dad's from back in the day. Pops never took it serious, so they are nothing to write home about. Wilson FTL.

I figure I shouldnt spend any money (or at least not a lot) on golf until I get a little better. However, I went with my homie to the driving range the otherday and he let me use his older Nike Sumo driver. I was hitting my drives consistently 200-240 yards. This made me like golf even more and now I'm thinkingabout picking up a driver at least. My homie just got the brand new Nike driver and said he will sell me his 1.5 year old Nike driver for "reallycheap" so I'm definitely going to pick that up.

Any advice on what to pick up after a driver? How much does it cost to lengthen irons? I'm 6 foot 4 and have been told by many people that I need longerclubs because I have to bend over more then I should when swinging.

Miniature golfing count?

33uxrw9.jpg

laugh.gif

i went to the driving range tonight wth my friend and i only hit my 3 and 5 iron well. i was STRUGGLING with every other club basically. to top it off my boythat was all excited to sell me his "old" driver for hella cheap ended up changing his mind. He was swinging his new club a few times and then sayingthat he wanted to keep them both for a while and see how he liked the new club. i don't blame him, but still he got me all excited about getting this yearold Nike driver for a good deal and then left me hanging.
indifferent.gif

my dad literally found 24 cases of pro v1s in the basement that he seemingly forgot about. lord knows why he has that many in the first place

he's using them as currency

"wanna help me move in my new fridge? ill give you 2 dozen"
laugh.gif

Can someone school me on Nike Drivers? I'm looking through them on eBay and having trouble distinguishing how many years old certain clubs are. I'mtrying to spend around $100. I see quite a few options, but just not sure what's what.

I'm playing in a tournament tomorrow. I just played a two-day tourney last week. And I'm playing a three day tourney this week Tuesday throughThursday.
I woke up this morning at 7, and hit balls until 9, then played nine holes, ate lunch, and played 18 holes at the course where tomorrow's tourney is.
Thats basically what every day of my summer will look like.
Yes I play golf
laugh.gif

good to see a golf thread. i just started to get my game going again for the season, smh at me for not going to the driving range to get my irons down. shortgame has been great though, up and down from all over the place. is everyone playing country clubs or local courses?

I'm scratch but I only play about twice a month now. Really frustrating not having the touch around the greens. US Open on my home course in a coupleweeks, cant wait.

Originally Posted by Physicx

my dad literally found 24 cases of pro v1s in the basement that he seemingly forgot about. lord knows why he has that many in the first place

he's using them as currency

"wanna help me move in my new fridge? ill give you 2 dozen"
laugh.gif
How much for a dozen?
nerd.gif

Man I wish.....my dad's so into golf, goes on 2-3 golf trips a year with his buddies.

Tried to get me into it when I was young but I was such a hothead, definitely not the right sport for someone with a temper.

I just bought myself a Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 Driver. 9.5 Loft. Stiff Flex. Used on eBay. I'm pumped up to hit it!!!! This is my first club purchase. I amusing my Dad's old crappy set of Wilson Pro Staff's still, but I figured a driver was a good place to start.

I'm 6 ft. 4...definitely need to lengthen my irons once I get a set.

Back
Top Bottom