Who is more important to society, Soldiers or Teachers?

teachers are basically responsible for raising the new generation that will allow people to advance. at the same time, without soldiers, those teacherswouldn't be even teaching, at least not teaching the right things. quite the paradox.

what do you guys think?

this thread should be good

as much as i want to say teachers when you ask people how many teachers in your school time really helped you out and the answer is like 2 it makes you thinkabout it

"War is not necessary... education is essential" - TIME

dont picture the US... picture a country with a clean slate...

important to society to survive or progress?

prob soldiers now, because there is so much information available that we can become our own teachers and self teach, or our parents/friends/relatives canteach us without being a formal teacher.

the same cannot be said about have the same groups be soldiers. we take them for granted, as well as freedom.

The information that would be provided to the self educators would have to be written by educators.

Teachers aren't just what we see in the class room, they are parents, grand parents, cousins, barack obama's, not really geroge bushes, drillsergeants, junkies, hustlers, etc.

Teacher is such a big word.

I say teachers are WAY more important since war is just a waste of time and education is much more important.

Teachers FTW

I wish America would give credit where it's due. Hell, without teachers a lot of people wouldn't be in office, the military, music business, etc...thelist goes on.

I was thinking about this the other day and i think teachers are one of the most important people in society.

Teachers. Sorry if i seem ignorant. We dont even need soldiers so why would they be important, we arent at war with anyone and havent been. Please dont talkabout iraq either, thats not a war and we have no bussiness there, if you gonna complain about that then you might as well say Bush is the greatest president.

Teachers - A lot of nations have prospered without a military.
You didn't specify a country.

without soldiers, most of us would be paying like 40% of our paychecks to the British right now. i know personally that i would be chained to a post somewherenaked and beaten instead of chilling in bed with a laptop and some food.

just something to think about for those who quickly say teachers....

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

without soldiers, most of us would be paying like 40% of our paychecks to the British right now. i know personally that i would be chained to a post somewhere naked and beaten instead of chilling in bed with a laptop and some food.

just something to think about for those who quickly say teachers....

Still, teachers > soldiers

It is in this point of time that teachers are more valuable than soldiers. We have spent billions and billions of dollars more than our competitors in regardsto military and soldiers for the past century ... and we excel in the world in that respect... but we need to spend a large portion of that money towardseducation in order to compete in the Global economy of the 21st century.

plus wouldnt the people who train the soldiers b considered "teachers"?

Back
Top Bottom