Who is the best PG in the league right now?

Chris Paul's answer to this question:

7731589dc54a49d114079cee38e58f271704425.bmp

^ Jason Kidd is standing behind Paul's left shoulder, just out of the picture.
nerd.gif
Paul's pointing back at him.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Paul has been playing great, but I'm either taking Steve Nash or Jason Kidd....more so leaning towards Nash....
same here. but like KLJ said, i haven't seen one Hornets game, but every time i watch SC, CP is killin. there will be no consensus with thistopic, we have it once a month.

23ska909red02 wrote:
^ Jason Kidd is standing behind Paul's left shoulder, just out of the picture.
nerd.gif
Paul's pointing back at him.
laugh.gif

but here's the correct answer:

rondo9.jpg

j/p
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by dland24

It baffles me that someone who is arguably the worst defensive player in the NBA can be considered the best PG by so many. Nash couldnt guard a statue, yet most people fail to see that. Yes he is great offensively, but I dont see how that makes up for his complete lack of defense. If someone is great at one thing, but atrocious at another, doesnt that cancel each other out to make him average? Ok I know Nash is better than an average player, but I guess I am just an old school basketball fan that doesnt appreciate a player who plays no defense and leads or close to leads the NBA in turnovers on a yearly basis.

No one seems to be talking defense here.

When you have PGs like Baron Davis and Deron Williams that can guard anybody in the 1 through 3 spot legitimately one-on-one, guys like Nash shouldn't even be mentioned if we're talking about the best OVERALL point guards in the league.

Bastitch seems like the only person with sense here. Defense is also part of the game, Baron and Deron can guard 1-3. Word to Baron doing a good job onKobe.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by dland24

It baffles me that someone who is arguably the worst defensive player in the NBA can be considered the best PG by so many. Nash couldnt guard a statue, yet most people fail to see that. Yes he is great offensively, but I dont see how that makes up for his complete lack of defense. If someone is great at one thing, but atrocious at another, doesnt that cancel each other out to make him average? Ok I know Nash is better than an average player, but I guess I am just an old school basketball fan that doesnt appreciate a player who plays no defense and leads or close to leads the NBA in turnovers on a yearly basis.

No one seems to be talking defense here.

When you have PGs like Baron Davis and Deron Williams that can guard anybody in the 1 through 3 spot legitimately one-on-one, guys like Nash shouldn't even be mentioned if we're talking about the best OVERALL point guards in the league.

Bastitch seems like the only person with sense here. Defense is also part of the game, Baron and Deron can guard 1-3. Word to Baron doing a good job on Kobe.
What about me? He was agreeing with MY point!! haha jp but defense and turnovers to me make are a big part of judging a player. Steve Nash is one ofthe worst players in the NBA in those categories. Chris Paul, Jason Kidd and Baron Davis are the best three point guards in the NBA.

Jason Kidd isn't playing very well at all this year, so he shouldn't be in this conversation. He's not playing bad, he's just not playing well for someone of his "stature".
isn't he avg really really really close to a triple double?
eyes.gif

What about me? He was agreeing with MY point!! haha jp but defense and turnovers to me make are a big part of judging a player. Steve Nash is one of the worst players in the NBA in those categories. Chris Paul, Jason Kidd and Baron Davis are the best three point guards in the NBA.
You have sense as well
wink.gif
laugh.gif

^ I've only seen two Blazers games this year, and he played the 1 in both games.

The Right Now argument has always been ridiculous in sports...it always gives people a reason to make some ridiculous statement. Last year we went through thison this board with Carmelo and Kobe...

And Brandon Roy is a not a point guard....he's the primary ballhandler in that offense...that doesnt make him a point guard.

so because Chris Paul is younger I am supposed to put him above the guys i listed? ....yea ok. Take Kidd off of the Nets they have 8 wins maybe. Paul is goodno doubt but he isn't the best in the leauge. For the Future yes because dude is only 23 but i'll take Billups for the next 3 yrs in my teams case.

cp3 simply because he doesn't need a certain system to thrive. you throw him into nash's position and he'd play just as well. when you put nashinto that half-court system, then we all know he doesn't fare as well as he does in an open system. he's also much more of a defensive liability thanpaul.

Nash - hands down
CP3 - the only reason he is not ahead of nash is because nash is doing what paul is doing when he'll be in his prime.
D.Williams - a couple of bad games lately but he proved what he is capable of in the playoffs
Roy - holding down a young team well
Calderon - assist/minute and assist/turnover ratios are nasty

Hm. I think it's a tie between Nash and CP3. But honestly I'd take Nash over him.

I'm a huge Chris paul fan btw. Got salty looks at the Hornets@Sonics game
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom