Who is the best PG in the league right now?

Originally Posted by gusyouout

cp3 simply because he doesn't need a certain system to thrive. you throw him into nash's position and he'd play just as well. when you put nash into that half-court system, then we all know he doesn't fare as well as he does in an open system. he's also much more of a defensive liability than paul.

hornets run and a pick and pop offense w/ paul and west. the offenses arent as different as you think. (i watch hornets games)
and no nash isnt going to stop anyone, but everyone's numbers sky rocket when they play the suns.

When you have PGs like Baron Davis and Deron Williams that can guard anybody in the 1 through 3 spot legitimately one-on-one, guys like Nash shouldn't even be mentioned if we're talking about the best OVERALL point guards in the league.

baron and deron CANNOT legitimately guard anybody in the league 1-3.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

When you have PGs like Baron Davis and Deron Williams that can guard anybody in the 1 through 3 spot legitimately one-on-one, guys like Nash shouldn't even be mentioned if we're talking about the best OVERALL point guards in the league.

I'm not debating that right now. I've seen it happen many times for both players. Either way, they're much better defensively than Nash or CP.Their strength alone allows them to guard taller 2's like Kobe and TMac and undersized and/or weaker 3's. Hell, Derek Fisher is better defensively thanNash or CP.

maybe not a 3, but definitely 1-2 and they won't make it easy for a 3.

agreed w/ bastitch. it's their strength that makes them far superior defenders than nash or cp3. deron and baron have a good post game in addition to anoutside game as well.

I cannot speak about Deron, but clearly you dont watch Warriors basketball. Baron shut down Kobe twice this season. Tell me if Nash or Paul can do thatand lets talk.

laugh.gif
You crazy. Baron can guard anyone from the 1-2 spots, even some3's. Go watch some Warriors Bball.

Defense is huge when considering who the best OVERALL PG in the league is. Besides a few people in this thread who are including defense in the argument, forthe most part, no one's really talking defense.

Baron might not be able to legitimately guard 3's but for guys like T-Mac or Mo Pete who plays either 2 or 3, he can guard them. Other 3's like maybe aRon Artest, Baron can't guard because Ron will overpower Baron. But for the most part, Baron can guard 1-2, and sometimes 3. He did an outstanding job onKobe twice this season. I can't speak for Kobe, but I'm pretty sure he'd prefer it when Kelenna or Pietrus or S-Jax were covering him. Baron did agood job covering Kobe. From what I saw, Kobe was more effective when someone not named Baron guarded him. Baron is required most times has to guard playersbigger than him because he has an undersized 2 guard playing right next to him.

When you talk about offensively, the best PG in the league right now is Nash with Paul right there with him.

When you talk about OVERALL, the best PG in the league right now is Baron Davis.

*BTW, ignore my sig
laugh.gif

If I had to choose i point gaurd in the NBA and my life depended on it,
it would go like this....

1. J-Kidd
2. CP3
3. Nash
4. B-Diddy
5. Deron/Roy

Baron Davis plays defense??? Since WHEN???
Okay so just because you 6-4 and built like an ox doesn't automatically make you the next Ron Artest.......
1. Lets talk bout the PG's that are the basis of this argument
ALL THIS SEASON STATS
-Kidd drop a triple-double on that dude
-Deron is averaging 27ppg and 9ast against Baron
-Nash had 23 and 13 the one-time they play
Its get better....
-T.J Ford had 29/9/6
-Jameer NELSON had 22/11/8
-Even FLIP MURRAY had 15/12 against the Warriors when Chauncey was injured......

Baron is a GREAT OFFENSIVE TALENT....the best amongst all PG in the NBA...But I just name 6 different PG's that all have exceeded their seasons averagesagainst Baron....I kno i shouldn't based defense off stats, but I be damn if Jameer Nelson and Flip Murray have career nights against my team.....So sinceI don't watch the Warriors on my league pass, can one of the 4,000 members of that cult explain exactly how Baron Davis is the one of the best PGdefensively???

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Baron Davis plays defense??? Since WHEN???
Okay so just because you 6-4 and built like an ox doesn't automatically make you the next Ron Artest.......
1. Lets talk bout the PG's that are the basis of this argument
ALL THIS SEASON STATS
-Kidd drop a triple-double on that dude
-Deron is averaging 27ppg and 9ast against Baron
-Nash had 23 and 13 the one-time they play
Its get better....
-T.J Ford had 29/9/6
-Jameer NELSON had 22/11/8
-Even FLIP MURRAY had 15/12 against the Warriors when Chauncey was injured......

Baron is a GREAT OFFENSIVE TALENT....the best amongst all PG in the NBA...But I just name 6 different PG's that all have exceeded their seasons averages against Baron....I kno i shouldn't based defense off stats, but I be damn if Jameer Nelson and Flip Murray have career nights against my team.....So since I don't watch the Warriors on my league pass, can one of the 4,000 members of that cult explain exactly how Baron Davis is the one of the best PG defensively???

Thats were your wrong because you didnt watch the Warrior games. A lot of times Monta Ellis is guarding the PG and Baron is guarding the 2. And just because1 player puts up good numbers, doesn't mean he did all on Baron. Fact of the matter is that Baron is the better defensive PG than most of the rest. He cangive any player trouble with his defense.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Thats were your wrong because you didnt watch the Warrior games. A lot of times Monta Ellis is guarding the PG and Baron is guarding the 2. And just because 1 player puts up good numbers, doesn't mean he did all on Baron. Fact of the matter is that Baron is the better defensive PG than most of the rest. He can give any player trouble with his defense.

Good Point...Very Good Point....But now this whole argument about Baron Davis is the best Defensive PG is null and void cause instead of guarding D.Will,Nash, and J.Kidd....Baron is guarding the likes of Ronnie Brewer, Raja Bell, and Vince Carter clearly an easier matchup, but don't get me wrong Baron doesget my respect for at least holding his own against SG's for the most part...If Baron lockdown a couple of PG's like G.Payton did back in his heyday,then I would say yea he is the best...

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Thats were your wrong because you didnt watch the Warrior games. A lot of times Monta Ellis is guarding the PG and Baron is guarding the 2. And just because 1 player puts up good numbers, doesn't mean he did all on Baron. Fact of the matter is that Baron is the better defensive PG than most of the rest. He can give any player trouble with his defense.

Good Point...Very Good Point....But now this whole argument about Baron Davis is the best Defensive PG is null and void cause instead of guarding D.Will, Nash, and J.Kidd....Baron is guarding the likes of Ronnie Brewer, Raja Bell, and Vince Carter...

But the whole point about the argument is about Baron being able to guard bigger guards which is something most other PG's cant do. Don't get itwrong though, Baron still guards the other PG's but it's just sometimes he guards the 2 spot.

But now this whole argument about Baron Davis is the best Defensive PG is null and void cause instead of guarding D.Will, Nash, and J.Kidd....Baron is guarding the likes of Ronnie Brewer, Raja Bell, and Vince Carter...
what?, how does that nullify his case as the best defensive pg? he's still a pointguard who guards positions 1-2, if anything it strengthenshis argument. how many other guards can do that well?

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

But now this whole argument about Baron Davis is the best Defensive PG is null and void cause instead of guarding D.Will, Nash, and J.Kidd....Baron is guarding the likes of Ronnie Brewer, Raja Bell, and Vince Carter...
what?, how does that nullify his case as the best defensive pg? he's still a pointguard who guards positions 1-2, if anything it strengthens his argument. how many other guards can do that well?

That's my point.....Prove to me that Baron actually plays defense that well....All I hear is "That one time he guarded Kobe".....Please showsome evidence when Baron actually locked somebody down that was nice at either PG or SG spot????

Back
Top Bottom