Who is the best player in baseball today?

There are still intelligent baseball fans who don't buy into stuff like that?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Mike Trout. He does so much all over the diamond.

pimp.gif
. its crazy what he has done so far, hes only 20 years old too.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Mike Trout. He does so much all over the diamond.

This. Sometimes I stay up to watch Angel games, this dude is a straight up stud. Also, I hate the Yankees, but Cano has always been fine player in my eyes. As someone stated before, probably the prettiest swing I've seen since Griffey.

Originally Posted by madj55

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

You're one of those new stat guys I see, but I still see RBIs as a valuable stat for players plugged in the middle of lineups. 
Those "new stats" are infinitely more relevant than the ones you're using. It's 2012 - no MLB front office is still using flawed measures like RBIs and BA to evaluate players when they can use those "new stats."
So you actually buy into BABIP and stuff like that?

Those "new stats" are infinitely more relevant than the ones you're using. It's 2012 - no MLB front office is still using flawed measures like RBIs and BA to evaluate players when they can use those "new stats."

Yes there are, and the new stats are flawed as well. I'm a student of the game and I make my comments based on what I see when watching games, not what a computer tells me to justify who the best player is. You should be able to somewhat determine a players "wins above replacement" without it having to be computed. 

Yes there are, and the new stats are flawed as well. I'm a student of the game and I make my comments based on what I see when watching games, not what a computer tells me to justify who the best player is. You should be able to somewhat determine a players "wins above replacement" without it having to be computed. 

How exactly is wOBA flawed, if you would be so kind to enlighten me? Of course there are holes in advanced metrics, but that's why they're used in conjunction with other statistics so that the most informed conclusions may be reached. But you'll never come up with anything relevant by using stats like RBIs and batting average because they're woefully outdated and fundamentally flawed. 
This "watching the game" response when faced with conclusive statistical evidence is tired. Yes, I watch plenty of games too, but unless you've watched every AB and defensive play of Votto, Hamilton, Kemp, etc. and somehow managed to exhaustively compare each player relative to the others than you're going to have to rely on the best information available to you in complement to you're own perspective/opinions. Information that includes but isn't limited to WAR, wOBA, OPS, etc. 

lol all these dudes on the Trout bandwagon..its his rookie year...no way hes the best player in baseball......you guys cannot be serious....but i guess its true NT fashion...going with the hype

Originally Posted by zmoney3

lol all these dudes on the Trout bandwagon..its his rookie year...no way hes the best player in baseball......you guys cannot be serious....but i guess its true NT fashion...going with the hype

He wins MVP...Then come talk to me.

Originally Posted by zmoney3

Buster Olney said that Mike Trout is on pace to get 196 hits,124 runs,24 homers,88 rbis and 58 steals...He didn't start his 1st game until April 28th

On ESPN he's rated 3rd behind Andrew McCutchen and Ryan Braun. 5 tool player

LOL @ dudes mentioning Ryan Braun, he's FRAUD status.  The correct answer is Cano, followed by Hamilton, Kemp when healthy, and McCutchen.

The person who id most want on my team regardless of position is probably joey votto. I honestly think trout is 2nd only to.him. And i think Cano and Hamilton are vastly overrated. Talented but lazy and injury prone respectively.

1 - Hamilton
2 - Braun
3 - Cano
4 - Kemp
5 - Votto

The disrespect for Braun in here is hilarious. The nicknames, the fraud status comments, the lists with Andrew McCutchen in front of him lol. It would all make sense if he wasn't having a better season than his MVP season last year. PED's or not he's having a better year than when he allegedly was using. Some of you guys need to stop being such player haters. It's cool though I guess. Everytime he hits another National League leading home run I love to tell the baseball world to suck it.

Originally Posted by Jay02

1 - Hamilton
2 - Braun
3 - Cano
4 - Kemp
5 - Votto

The disrespect for Braun in here is hilarious. The nicknames, the fraud status comments, the lists with Andrew McCutchen in front of him lol. It would all make sense if he wasn't having a better season than his MVP season last year. PED's or not he's having a better year than when he allegedly was using. Some of you guys need to stop being such player haters. It's cool though I guess. Everytime he hits another National League leading home run I love to tell the baseball world to suck it.

Between your avy, signature and varies other comments pertaining to anything regarding Wisconsin in the past your about as bias at gets regarding Ryan Braun champ.  Personally, I don't even care that he cheated, but there's no need to lie about the situation.  For Ryan Braun's sake, if your a FRAUD, he should just say he's a FRAUD and get it over with.  If your a fan of a FRAUD which you clearly are Jay02................you know the rest. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Jay02

1 - Hamilton
2 - Braun
3 - Cano
4 - Kemp
5 - Votto

Between your avy, signature and varies other comments pertaining to anything regarding Wisconsin in the past your about as bias at gets regarding Ryan Braun champ.  Personally, I don't even care that he cheated, but there's no need to lie about the situation.  For Ryan Braun's sake, if your a FRAUD, he should just say he's a FRAUD and get it over with.  If your a fan of a FRAUD which you clearly are Jay02................you know the rest. 

Bias? I've been realistic with this situation. I personally believe he used it at the end of year for a World Series push. But when it comes to the talent he possesses he is not a fraud. Trust me I'm mad he ever got near that stuff because he didn't need to. He's that good without it. Put everything aside he's a top 5 talent in the league and he's proving it right now.

Back
Top Bottom