Who is wrong in this situation?

I know y'all will say TAN but eff it I'm making the thread anyway:

So y'all tell me who's right in this situation....this "friend" of mine asked me to help her move things out of her company storage unit so they could close the storage unit to save $. Her regional told her she could pay somebody $100 to do it and she knew I needed the $ so she asked me.

She says she would pay me $100 to help her move the items from the storage unit to one of her stores (she's a DM) so I agreed. Originally she said we would do it on Sunday then the night before she says we could do it on Saturday after I drop my daughter off.

So I agree and before I go to her house I call and get no answer so I get impatient and cop an attitude about her not answering the phone when SHE was the one that needed my help. So when she calls me I answer with said attitude and then I get to her house. I try to shake that attitude an act like everything is cool. So we go to the storage unit and move about 14+ boxes out and into one of her stores.

So we are heading back home and instead of going back to the storage unit she gives me directions to the freeway to go home and says "oh I didn't feel like dealing with it anymore since we still have to pay to keep it another month". So I'm like cool whatever.

She later tells me we left cuz she was feeling too much tension between us and didn't want to stay to finish. Now she is refusing to pay. Not to mention that I removed rotted boards on her deck, replaced the boards, and discarded of the old boards that her trash people wouldn't pick up, then stained it with two coats within a 3 week time frame.

Should she pay me or am I in the wrong.

Cliffs:
Friend was gonna pay me to help clear out storage unit
Cleared several boxes out
We didn't finish cuz she was feeling some type of way
Won't pay
Who is in the wrong?

She is. She said she would pay you and now she's refusing. She is a liar. 

Sounds like she used you as her personal mover, deck repair man and garbage runner. 

ibyvzjqjH0XftW.gif

She's in the wrong. You shouldn't have given her an attitude originally, but it was understandable why you did. Females always shy away from the conflict/confrontation and further worsen the situation acting like what they do is justifiable. 
mean.gif

The worst part about it is that its the company's $ so its not coming out of her pocket. She makes over $100k a year, but still its not coming out of her pocket.

She ain't trying to hear it so I'm cutting ties as we speak, and I obviously know she's in the wrong.

Just wanted to hear other peoples POV.

Basically since there was tension and attitudes galore, she doesnt wanna "lose" the attitude/pride game by shelling out $100.

Once that feeling of "victory" is over, she'll eventually give you the money.

I thought the boss was going to pay you the money. Catching an attitude is od sensitive in the first place. If she didn't answer, you shouldve just dipped. It may seem tacky and brash, but sometimes you have to ask for the money up front.

You were a lame for being a grown man and catching an attitude, like someone not catching your calls is some huge offense, but she's solely in the wrong for not paying you. Even if there was tension, you still came out to do what was agreed on and it seems like you kept it civil in the car; no reason she shouldn't give you your money.

Last edited:
Shoulda got that 100 upfront op. Take it as a lessonsd learned. Happened to me once but it was a lot less money

She ain't trying to hear it so I'm cutting ties as we speak, and I obviously know she's in the wrong.

Just wanted to hear other peoples POV.

tell her you are going to complain to the company about being denied payment for work.

If the company authorized this transaction, then technically, you could go after the company for missed wages.

She should get shook and come up with your bread.

You are obviously at fault here fam. You should have never copped an attitude. I would've played your *** too.

So not srs.  

Back
Top Bottom