who needs to hit a home run on their next album or they're done.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

J. Cole.
Cole hasn't released an album he brick on this one and then regroup for a much better second one but his career isn't necessarily over if he doesn't hit it out the park the first time.

Originally Posted by solefood229

Young Dro, just needs to drop a album period @%%%

Not really. His albums suck but his mixtapes are nice. Equestrian dro and Greg street were both nasty and they aren't that old. Dudes like dro and gotti don't need to drop albums. Music doesn't sell especially this genre of rap. At least imo.

I'm a huge Cole fan, but it's clear to me that, after all this time and hoopla he better get it right.

He already has a huge group of people waiting on him to fail. He has to come out the gate hard.

Now, I might have exaggerated in saying that he'd be done, but he definitely has A LOT of pressure on him to drop a great album. There's no doubting that.

Nobody is checking for anything "Grand hustle" anymore....hate to break it to their fans but that run has pretty much been done since TI went to jail the first time.
Game and Jeezy definitely top the list to answer the question. 

Game sacrificing everything (g unit reunion talk, pop single dissing jay-z....which has never worked for anyone btw) to put out this album.

While Jeezy selling his sole trying to be all in Ross and Gucci's lane with songs like "Ballin" and "Flexin".... I fuggg w/ his last mixtape, don't get me wrong...but he's pulled out all the stops just to get a release date.

Originally Posted by carbon16

Tyler the Creator and Big Sean
eyes.gif

yea I said it...
Well tyler the creator is only here for shock value, nobody is going to care for that guy soon.

and YES! I agree, Big Sean needs to come through on that next album, he gets a pass too much because of how comical he is on the mic, but he needs to step it up.

- Lupe. He's still my dude, so I wouldn't say done. But I need another "food and liquor".
- B.o.B. - If he's not done already though.
- Game. - not much needs to be said.
- Drake - Thank me Later was trash.

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Nobody is checking for anything "Grand hustle" anymore....hate to break it to their fans but that run has pretty much been done since TI went to jail the first time.
Game and Jeezy definitely top the list to answer the question. 

Game sacrificing everything (g unit reunion talk, pop single dissing jay-z....which has never worked for anyone btw) to put out this album.

While Jeezy selling his sole trying to be all in Ross and Gucci's lane with songs like "Ballin" and "Flexin".... I fuggg w/ his last mixtape, don't get me wrong...but he's pulled out all the stops just to get a release date.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yea that's true, I mean, who is actually checkin for a Big Kuntry King or yung L.A. album???
Jeezy definitely needs a top album. Dude had massive buzz for his first 3 albums, came with a major hit single in "Lose My Mind", then.......nothin. Ballin & Flexin
or some of the most generic radio songs I ever heard.

T.I.
Jeezy
Game
T-Pain

eyes.gif

yea I said it...
huge fan of the don but i agree 
dude needs to change up his style and stop telling everyone how hes 

"on bet standing next to yeezy" and how his momma and grams proud

i mean the dudes got talent forsure and i dont think him being "ye's protige" that kanye would let him fall off like that

as long as drake stuck with wayne and got the females on lock with his singing/woman songs, he'll have a second chance.

cosign on wale. I loved attention deficit but it went overlooked and had no mainstream appeal/weak singles. Hopefully his next album will pull in the looks, but if not he's gonna be riding the MMG bench. Unless ross is willing to pour endless money into keeping him in the spotlight.

I like odd future, but they probably got another year or two to be relevant unless they put out something ground breaking. They're still relatively new and attracting people so they'll ride that wave into 2012 but eventually they'll have to prove they deserve the fame. Frank Ocean can't pull the whole team.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Game - hasn't made anything good since Doctor's Advocate
lol wut?

In this climate, I don't think anyone can really afford to put out a dud of an album. It's hard enough to get a release date as is. Artists can't even put out a bad mixtape without putting their careers on the line.

/thread but if I had to add someone it would be:

-Jeezy. How long did it take for him to get a date for TM 103? He has no buzz.
-Game. RED Album was supposed to drop two years ago. Purp and Patron had him buzzing positively for a minute but Interscope blew it by not capitalizing on his momentum.
-50. He's finished with Interscope shelving his album.
-J.Cole. He has a mountain of expectations awaiting him when the album drops, if it drops. People want him to fail.
-Jay Electronica. Had hip hop in his palm with Exhibit C but his fear of failure has caused him to not put out any music since. The Roc Nation signing hasn't done anything for his career due to the fact that he's nowhere to be found. I'm not checking for him but there are still people who proclaim him the savior of hip hop.

I could see why Tyler the Creator was said. He had all the buzz in the world pre-Goblin and drops an album full of contradictions and explanations thus going away from what he portrayed himself as. He has a VMA nomination but the OddFuture hype isn't like it was a couple months ago.

Despite Lupe putting out complete garbage, Lasers is the #1 selling rap act of the year. His label carefully constructed a pop sound and people went out and bought it due to those singles that he wanted to kill himself over
eyes.gif

Cosign on J. Cole. He made us wait to damn long for him to flop. I.can definitely see people walking away If it doesn't at least halfway live it up to the hype.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

eyes.gif

yea I said it...
Well tyler the creator is only here for shock value, nobody is going to care for that guy soon.

and YES! I agree, Big Sean needs to come through on that next album, he gets a pass too much because of how comical he is on the mic, but he needs to step it up.

- Lupe. He's still my dude, so I wouldn't say done. But I need another "food and liquor".
- B.o.B. - If he's not done already though.
- Game. - not much needs to be said.
- Drake - Thank me Later was trash.
eek.gif

really?

In hip hop, all of them. For a long time now it's been the smart thing to look forward to an artist's mixtape rather than their album.

how is Drake done after the next? You hear these tracks he has been coming out with. That 1st one was all politics.

T.I is NUMBER 1. If this dude doesnt deliver he is done...

Other then that I think everyone else is good. Jeezy I would say but who knows with him. Dude could come outta nowhere with a #1 hit.

Someone mentioned Busta. He's been done for 5 if not more years
laugh.gif
no one cares bout him.
I hope Xzibit can rebound but hes also done.

big sean album is a very solid freshman album yall just dont like anything we talkin people who havent been hot in a while

busta my man but imma need somethin solid soon

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Someone mentioned Busta. He's been done for 5 if not more years
laugh.gif
no one cares bout him.
I hope Xzibit can rebound but hes also done.

rebound? when's the last time he put up a shot, I thought he was done with rap years ago

laugh.gif
whoever mentioned Drake is delusional

Back
Top Bottom