Who shot the nose off the Sphinx?

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Wr

Those last pharaohs really ween't true pharaohs, they  were frauds and conquerers. The only way to conquer a place greater than your own homeland is to dominate and take over the traditions. 
Not really sure what makes a "true Pharoah". I do know Cleopatra was raised in Egyptian culture and embraced  Egyptians mythology like many other people of Macedonian descent. Whether her heritage made her a "false pharoah" is debatable....im not even sure what a true Pharoah is. To me a Pharoah is akin to any other king in Ancient times who conjured divine power to legitimize his leadership which is essentially what cleopatra did.

Egypt was a great civilization way before the Macedonians and Arabs got there. There is a reason why it was conquered but many of its traditions/ culture/ literature/ architecture were adopted and blended with the culture of the conquerors.
A true pharoah (not even the word for king but translates to "High House") was considered to be a manifestation of the sun in human form. It's where the title (Sa-Ra) comes from Sa=descendant of Ra=Sun. 
Genesis 6: 1-8   

When man began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.  Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal, his days will be a hundred and twenty years,"  
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward -- when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them.  They were the heroes of old, men of renown. 

The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.  The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain.  So the Lord said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth--men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air--for I am grieved that I have made."  But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord (NIV).
By the time Cleopatra and the rest of the invaders came to Egypt to learn in the mystery schools it had already fallen.

Dost thou not know, O Aesculapius, that Egypt is an image of heaven, or, more truly, a translation and descent of all things which are ordered and transacted there, that it is, in truth, if we may say so, to be the temple of the whole world? -Augustine on Hermes Trismegistus

Egypt just like all the rest of the pyramid cities around the world designed after the star plans in heaven (sky). All of these places were built as monuments to heaven and places neither here nor there. Pyramid cities point to being satellite cities of a larger and greater network.

Like I said, to me the Pharoahs were merely men who pretended to be Gods....but that is my opinion. Egyptian Pharoahs were no different from Kings from other civilizations who used divinity to legitimize their reign.

And when describing Egyptian mythology please refrain from using genesis....I know genesis is an archetypal story of creation and the spawn of mankind but I  need better/more original literature.

So he wiped mankind off the earth because they were wicked? Every single man on the f^^$$$ planet was wicked. Are you bloody killing me?

Why were the animals also deemed punishable for man's wickedness?

Originally Posted by Wr

Not really sure what makes a "true Pharoah". I do know Cleopatra was raised in Egyptian culture and embraced  Egyptians mythology like many other people of Macedonian descent. Whether her heritage made her a "false pharoah" is debatable....im not even sure what a true Pharoah is. To me a Pharoah is akin to any other king in Ancient times who conjured divine power to legitimize his leadership which is essentially what cleopatra did.

Egypt was a great civilization way before the Macedonians and Arabs got there. There is a reason why it was conquered but many of its traditions/ culture/ literature/ architecture were adopted and blended with the culture of the conquerors.
A true pharoah (not even the word for king but translates to "High House") was considered to be a manifestation of the sun in human form. It's where the title (Sa-Ra) comes from Sa=descendant of Ra=Sun. 

When man began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.  Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal, his days will be a hundred and twenty years,"  
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward -- when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them.  They were the heroes of old, men of renown. 

The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.  The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain.  So the Lord said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth--men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air--for I am grieved that I have made."  But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord (NIV).
By the time Cleopatra and the rest of the invaders came to Egypt to learn in the mystery schools it had already fallen.

Dost thou not know, O Aesculapius, that Egypt is an image of heaven, or, more truly, a translation and descent of all things which are ordered and transacted there, that it is, in truth, if we may say so, to be the temple of the whole world? -Augustine on Hermes Trismegistus

Like I said, to me the Pharoahs were merely men who pretended to be Gods....but that is my opinion. Egyptian Pharoahs were no different from Kings from other civilizations who used divinity to legitimize their reign.

And when describing Egyptian mythology please refrain from using genesis....I know genesis is an archetypal story of creation and the spawn of mankind but I  need better/more original literature.

So he wiped mankind off the earth because they were wicked? Every single man on the f^^$$$ planet was wicked. Are you bloody killing me?

All genesis stories from different cultures are the same archetypal story. They are stories. The stories aren't real, but the things they are talking about are real. 
Plus whatever genesis story I reference, you of course are gonna have a problem with it because of your on going beef with God.

I'm not going to take this thread down the same path all other ones end in. 

Better yet, 

Is all the quote that needs to be considered for this discussion. I really don't wanna see this thread turn into a team atheist soap box. 

Let's keep this thread civil please. 

Originally Posted by Wr

All genesis stories from different cultures are the same archetypal story. They are stories. The stories aren't real, but the things they are talking about are real. 
Plus whatever genesis story I reference, you of course are gonna have a problem with it because of your on going beef with God.

I'm not going to take this thread down the same path all other ones end in. 

Better yet, 

Is all the quote that needs to be considered for this discussion. I really don't wanna see this thread turn into a team atheist soap box. 

Let's keep this thread civil please. 

The stories aren't real but the things they are talking about are real, makes PERFECT sense. I have zero beef with "God"....I don't even know what "God" is.

Don't make me quote bible passages, two can play that game.
30t6p3b.gif

The stories aren't real but the things they are talking about are real, makes PERFECT sense. I have zero beef with "God"....I don't even know what "God" is.

Don't make me quote bible passages, two can play that game.
30t6p3b.gif

Plz dont... im really interested in the historical truths of all of this... not your opinion on God

Plz dont... im really interested in the historical truths of all of this... not your opinion on God

^^^I am aware.

God is a title for the sun. It's not the title for the creator of all things. The science of the sun from egypt shows that the sun went through different phases. Sometimes benevolent, sometimes chaotic. People get mad at the fact that God does not seem to be consistent with one set of beliefs when the the body of knowledge shows that "God" changes going through cycles. Right now we are dealing with a changing sun increasing in solar activity which affects our habitations on this planet. It's all relative

^^^I am aware.

God is a title for the sun. It's not the title for the creator of all things. The science of the sun from egypt shows that the sun went through different phases. Sometimes benevolent, sometimes chaotic. People get mad at the fact that God does not seem to be consistent with one set of beliefs when the the body of knowledge shows that "God" changes going through cycles. Right now we are dealing with a changing sun increasing in solar activity which affects our habitations on this planet. It's all relative

Originally Posted by HighMan

please dont turn this into a religion hate thread....

hate is a strong word, i don't hate "religion" i question it. huge difference. Anyhow I didn't bring it up till my man started ranting about Lords killing people and animals. Not even sure exactly what that has to do with Egypt.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by HighMan

please dont turn this into a religion hate thread....

hate is a strong word, i don't hate "religion" i question it. huge difference. Anyhow I didn't bring it up till my man started ranting about Lords killing people and animals. Not even sure exactly what that has to do with Egypt.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

^^^I am aware.

Hmm just come out and say this, the sun does threaten human existence.......it isn't doing this because we're wicked. Not every human being/animal on earth deserves the wrath of mother nature and the sun.

Originally Posted by Wr

^^^I am aware.

Hmm just come out and say this, the sun does threaten human existence.......it isn't doing this because we're wicked. Not every human being/animal on earth deserves the wrath of mother nature and the sun.

Originally Posted by Wr

^^^I am aware.

They don't. Sh$%^ happens. It's like they were set up
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

^^^I am aware.

wink.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

^^^I am aware.

wink.gif
sh$$ indeed does happen
ohwell.gif
. In many ways the sun does punish humanity for its transgressions, unfortunately other species that share this planet with us don't deserve it.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

^^^I am aware.

wink.gif
sh$$ indeed does happen
ohwell.gif
. In many ways the sun does punish humanity for its transgressions, unfortunately other species that share this planet with us don't deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom