Who Should Get The Role Of Marvel’s “Black Panther”?

Who Should Get The Role Of Marvel’s “Black Panther”?

• Chiwetel Ejiofo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idris Elb

• Chadwick Boseman

• Michael B Jordan

• Other

• Total voters
How old are some of you expecting t'challa to be?

I think the should tell the story told in 'the ultimate avengers 2'.. Where he starts out as prince and is just returning to wakanda from being sent off to school

T'chaka is killed pretty early and t'challa ascends to the throne and faces whatever threat just killed his father

This is what I am thinking as well. I think TChalla was probably in his late 20s at the latest when his father got killed.

The casting of BP is probably going to be the hardest thing for this movie :lol:

djimon-hounsou.jpg

Didn't see any mention of him in Thor in this thread, so the whole "can't read" thing is stupid. You can say I may have skipped it, that's more appropriate. This is him in Thor....

View media item 792925

I mean does this really disqualify him from playing the black panther, what are the ODDS of this character and the black panther being in the same movie?

Very high.

Not sure if this has been posted yet

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Panther_(film)_rumors
Casting rumors
Wesley Snipes says that he is interested in the role of Black Panther.
Michael Jai White is interested in playing Black Panther.
Djimon Hounsou says he would really be interested and perfect in the staring role of the Black Panther.
Aldis Hodge is also interested in playing Black Panther. [1]
Romero Miller is interested in playing Black Panther. [2]
Brian J. White would love to be Black Panther. [3][4]
Mehcad Brooks is interested in being cast as Black Panther. [5]
John Boyega is rumor for the part of Black Panther. [6]
Actor and stuntman Raw Leiba would like to portray the villain Erik Killmonger. [7]
Gbenga Akinnagbe is being considered for the Black Panther. [8]
Morris Chestnut hinted at playing Black Panther.[3]
Chadwick Boseman is the top choice for Black Panther.[9]
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Boseman, Michael B. Jordan and Idris Elba are being up for Black Panther.[10][11]
Characters
Nick Fury will appear in the film.
Man Ape, Erik Killmonger or Klaw will most likely be the main villian
Marvel want to use Kang the Conqueror for future films.[12]
The movie will feature T'Chaka, T'Challa's father.
S'Yan T'Challa's uncle will take over as the black panther after the death of T'Chaka
Story
This film will showcase the lineage of the Black Panther.
Production
The film will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The film will be part of the Phase 3 of the MCU, with Ant-Man and Doctor Strange
The film will be announced at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con.
The Black Panther could be one of the untitled movie slots announced for 2016 or 2017.
References
↑ Interview with Leverage's Aldis Hodge part two
↑ Romeo Miller Talks Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection
↑ BNevz412 status on Twitter
↑ Brian White status on Twitter
↑ EXCLUSIVE: Mehcad Brooks Would Be Interested In Playing BLACK PANTHER
↑ From Will Smith to John Boyega, who could play Marvel's 'Black Panther'?
↑ Raw Leiba praises Girl With Dragon Tattoo director on new film Dead Man Down, teases image as Marvel's Black Panther villain Erik Killmonger
↑ Marvel, For Your Consideration: Gbenga Akinnagbe For T'Challa In The BLACK PANTHER
↑ EXCLUSIVE: We Know Who Is At The Top Of A VERY Short List For Marvel’s ‘The Black Panther’
↑ Chiwetel Ejiofor and Chadwick Boseman for Black Panther?
↑ [1]
↑ [2]

Last edited:
Oh my god.

This is one if the worst threads in general.

It's probably isn't, but some friends and I have been having this conversation a lot since were pretty excited about a potentially popular Black super hero, and this thread is kind of frustrating because half the people in here are disrespecting the idea and the other half are arguing about things that don't matter.

Idris Elba will not be BP. He's already a character in the Marvel universe, and it would not be cool to start crapping on the continuity of said universe, which is part of the whole legitimacy of these movies as parts of a whole.

Michael B Jordan is the human torch. The Fantastic Four is property of Fox, and they would never let him work for the competition while he's working with them.

I saw Ultimate Avengers 2, and I feel like it's very safe to say that will be close to the BP story. The multi-film deal is the most valid argument. Aside from RDJR, look at all these heros. They are all portrayed as youthful even if they're not young. Most of them are supposed to be Late 20's to early 30's, and if they're immortal or have been frozen for decades they still look about 28-32.

I'm down for Chadwick Boseman and look forward to seeing who could realistically be in the running, and I think this issue of casting sheds a light on the issue of Black actors in Hollywood, and how few actually get any shine to the point where we can't think of more than a handful of actors within a certain age range who could be Black Panther.

Djimon been looking reaaaaaaaaaal old lately though. It's like him and Will Smith just aged 5-10 years overnight. He could play his dad instead

Last edited:
yeah damn Hounsou is getting up there in age or else he'd be perfect for the part.

You know what, it's 2014, character races are being switched....... I want black panther to be tom hanks

:lol: I've seen Tom Hanks mentioned more than once now as a joke. While I can understand bringing up RDJR for his role in Tropic Thunder when has Tom Hanks pulled off playing a black man? :nerd: I know he's been a woman but c'mon.

:lol: I've seen Tom Hanks mentioned more than once now as a joke. While I can understand bringing up RDJR for his role in Tropic Thunder when has Tom Hanks pulled off playing a black man? :nerd: I know he's been a woman but c'mon.

Haha, that's the thing, Johnny storm is black, I want black panther white! Tom cruse will work as well

are we really going to entertain any white actor playing a black man? :rofl:

RDJR pulled it off? :rofl:

what? :rofl:

I get what you guys are trying, but being this guy is so specifically black and ruler of an African nation, won't work.

Haha, that's the thing, Johnny storm is black, I want black panther white! Tom cruse will work as well
Nah :lol: I know you just joking. BP isn't BP without being black. It's apart of his character. Johnny Storm not so much. There's key differences to it.

There are other black heroes you could make a different ethnicity and it'd work though. The reason this is done mainly to white heroes is cuz there's so many of them that are just generic.

are we really going to entertain any white actor playing a black man? :rofl:

RDJR pulled it off? :rofl:

what? :rofl:
Have you seen Tropic Thunder? That's going down as one of RDJR's and acting's greatest performances of ALL TIME.

ALL TIME!

Last edited:
Have you seen Tropic Thunder? That's going down as one of RDJR's and acting's greatest performances of ALL TIME.

ALL TIME!

hell naw :lol:.

|I okay yeah he was damn good. "You was fartin' in bathtubs laughin' your *** off"......:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom