WHO SHOULD YOU LOVE MORE...YOUR SPOUSE OR YOUR CHILDREN??? CAN GO EITHER WAY

Children. Easy.

Shouldn't be a competition though.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

My kids > my wife. If someone had a gun to my head and said pick, its my kids. I can always get remarried, but my first born will always be my first born. Same goes with my second son.
/thread
dat alpha logic
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

true story, if my wife cheated, i wont stop loving her....i dont think i ever will, there is a reason why i married her....doesnt mean i wont build up the courage to leave her, but the love will remain....i dont care if you dont believe me DC
laugh.gif

so serious question steez, if the smush parker story happened to you, how would you react?
Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

My kids. %+%@ my wife
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

didn't even think twice.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by af1 1982

My children. My wife can take care of herself
but I thought the whole point of the man and woman being married was so he can "take care of her" since the woman obviously isn't able to.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

What about Mom's and Dad? Throw that in a mix and you got yourself a pickle.
not sure if I'm the only one who was raised like this but my father always taught me that the day I get married my parent', sibling, and family aren't my first priority. My wife is.

I've had this talk with my wife & it's our agreement that if anything (God forbid) were to happen she is to save our child (working on having more) & herself first, if it ever comes to that.

I'm a grown man, stuff happens, I want my future to survive & his Mom to be there for him if it ever comes to that.

It's a difficult question the OP poses, there is no "right" definitive answer since everyone's situation is different.

Man I hope no favorites are played, that's when problems start.

My son being only almost 3 yrs is a work in progress but I can only hope he can learn from the love and respect my wife and I show for each other & pass it on in his future relationship(s)

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

not sure if I'm the only one who was raised like this but my father always taught me that the day I get married my parent', sibling, and family aren't my first priority. My wife is.
this is what i always assumed also

Don't think they're the same type of love, I believe you love your spouse and children in different ways. There's no possible you can measure the love you have for either.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Exactly how I was brought up...until I have kids of my own. Then, they become the priority.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

2 different types of love tho.

You love your family. Mother, father, brothers, children.
You love your wife because you are in love with her. 

I don't think you should compare the 2.  You can get a divorce and say you hate that gold digging skeez one day.  You can't do that to your kids.

It's not really a good debate in my opinion just be glad you have a wife and kids because some people don't or have lost them.
You love your parents because you love your parents?

I would love my kids more.

true story, if my wife cheated, i wont stop loving her....i dont think i ever will, there is a reason why i married her....doesnt mean i wont build up the courage to leave her, but the love will remain....i dont care if you dont believe me DC
laugh.gif

if she cheated on you repeatedly while holding up a sign with a cancel mark on your face saying "I HATE KSTEEZY"
You would still love her? You are a man of valor ksteezy. a stronger man than me.

Ive always thought of this, if I had to choose between saving my wife or my child during birth, id choose my wife.....there is no possible way I would automatically have more love for the baby within 9 months of pregnancy than the person i created the baby with and have shared over a decade with....then again thats just hypothetically speaking.

She would pick your kid, no question asked

Kids No question asked... Thats my flesh & blood. A Girl Will Come And Go.. But I Would Take A Bullet For My Kids Than A Girl.

Grave digging time

I saw this and have thought it over. I agree with Elder that you SHOULD love your spouse more as they are intended to be your life long mate. You did fall in love with that person. But I think that we all, myself included, love our children more because they are truly a copy of us. They take on our looks, our behaviors, habits good and bad.

The love can die between spouses although in extreme cases parents and children don't have that love. But its more likely for the love between spouses to fizzle out, especially with the chance of infidelity.

My lady and I have our share of problems and my babies can drive me nuts at times, but my love for my baby girls can't be trumped by anyone or anything.

If you do your job as parents right, your kids will one day have lives and loves of their own.

If you do your job as partners right, you two will share a life until the day you die. Plus, there's no law demanding you associate with her, good, bad or otherwise...there has to be strong love to keep y'all together.

Wifey by a head...if you're doing it right, that is.

Last edited:
I don't have kids but I think for a stable household Love for spouse should equal the Love for children.

But with all these single parent homes and divorces I could understand Kids > Spouse. Hopefully my case it will be Kids=Spouse.

Back
Top Bottom