Who was bigger when they were in the very prime of there career?

i mean but what artist from the south was ever favored on NT, jeezy when he first started making moves, but thats it.

I see where you're getting at ninjahood, but there is still no point in time that JR Writer was hotter than Wayne. He's numbers were cool for independent, but look at that Billboard 25 number. That's the one that matters (unfortunately). All those other rappers you listed were hotter than Wayne at one point (Banks definitely in 04), but there still wasn't any JR Writer heavy buzz anywhere outside of NY/Tri-state. I know he was buzzing hard there, but there was nothing down here, and I'm sure it was the same in the west. JR's buzz back then was probably equivalent to what Trae Tha Truth's buzz is here right now, and it's very possible that the two of them had the same buzz in 06.

Being in the same city as certain rappers often fools people into thinking they're hotter than they really are. I heard "Swang" and"In The Hood" (w/ Wayne) on the radio multiple times all day all the time back in 06, and that album peaked at number 87 on the Billboard, and 9 on the Independent charts. He wasn't popping like I thought, and I think JR was the same way with you. And I know it was nearly a year later, but I don't even think JR was buzzing as much as Mims :smile:x)

Everybody know JR wasn't ever hotter than Lil Wayne. NinjaHood just doesn't wanna say "yo I kinda went too far I was wrong" . Theres no point in even discussing that :lol:

has wayne ever done an international tour? srs.
Click here

Thats from 2011.  I am almost certain he had an international tour before this.

to answer the questions.

Wayne was bigger in his prime all of dem mixtapes realeased between the time of the Carter and No Ceilings
sick.gif
sick.gif

About 2 years ago almost every song on the radio was YM or featured a YM artist and this lasted for awhile. (50 did the same w/ in da club....**** would be on 3 different stations at the same damb time, but he did not put anything great out besides GRODT)
I was 16 w/ GRODT dropped fyi 

Last edited:
JR writer used to get on primetime wit flex & cam'ron on hot97 and wrap non-stop for 10 mins LIGHT.

before twitter, before facebook, even before myspace, that boy had da tristate area on SMASH.

da mixtapes that you BOUGHT back then would display his lyrical acume, and da game was STILL all about "how good were you rapping"

instead of "how swagged out you are"

da hot97 mixtape vol. were where you got da commerical tracks, and CLUE, slay, big mike, g-unit radios, dipset, d-bloc/ruffryder tapes

is what ruled da landscape.

during those times, JR writer was a bigger artist then Lil wayne. ya forgot when cash money was in da middle of da backlash and lost

all of their artist? cmon...lil wayne came out with 500 degreez going GOLD and fabolous, juelz santana, bankz, going platinum+

had wrtier's first album been as heat as writer's block series, and not drop during da rapidshare sophistication era he would've sold more
[table][tr][th=""]Chart (2006)[/th][th=""]Peak
position[/th][/tr][tr][td]Billboard 200[/td][td]25[/td][/tr][tr][td]Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Billboard Top Rap Albums[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Billboard Independent Albums[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]
i mean it was da second highest debut during it release, when music sales went off a cliff, and his album was independent on koch, so those

were fantastic numbers for a indie.
What backlash? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

JR writer used to get on primetime wit flex & cam'ron on hot97 and wrap non-stop for 10 mins LIGHT.

before twitter, before facebook, even before myspace, that boy had da tristate area on SMASH.

da mixtapes that you BOUGHT back then would display his lyrical acume, and da game was STILL all about "how good were you rapping"

instead of "how swagged out you are"

da hot97 mixtape vol. were where you got da commerical tracks, and CLUE, slay, big mike, g-unit radios, dipset, d-bloc/ruffryder tapes

is what ruled da landscape.

during those times, JR writer was a bigger artist then Lil wayne. ya forgot when cash money was in da middle of da backlash and lost

all of their artist? cmon...lil wayne came out with 500 degreez going GOLD and fabolous, juelz santana, bankz, going platinum+

had wrtier's first album been as heat as writer's block series, and not drop during da rapidshare sophistication era he would've sold more
[table][tr][th=""]Chart (2006)[/th][th=""]Peak
position[/th][/tr][tr][td]Billboard 200[/td][td]25[/td][/tr][tr][td]Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Billboard Top Rap Albums[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Billboard Independent Albums[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]
i mean it was da second highest debut during it release, when music sales went off a cliff, and his album was independent on koch, so those

were fantastic numbers for a indie.
What backlash? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Early to mid 00s.  Juve, BG, and Turk was all gone.  At the time Wayne wasn't even the biggest star on the label.  Birdman solo x Big Tymers was putting out the biggest hits.    They signed Mack 10 and TQ
laugh.gif
.  Even Mannie got a solo but flopped.  Believe it or not things was looking pretty dark for CM at one point.  While I hate Wayne's music post Tha Block is Hot, dude saved the label & his career and made them stronger than ever.

Early to mid 00s.  Juve, BG, and Turk was all gone.  At the time Wayne wasn't even the biggest star on the label.  Birdman solo x Big Tymers was putting out the biggest hits.    They signed Mack 10 and TQ:lol: .  Even Mannie got a solo but flopped.  Believe it or not things was looking pretty dark for CM at one point.  While I hate Wayne's music post Tha Block is Hot, dude saved the label & his career and made them stronger than ever.

as in you didn't even like Tha Carter?
i know it's opinion, but damn yours sucks :lol:

Early to mid 00s.  Juve, BG, and Turk was all gone.  At the time Wayne wasn't even the biggest star on the label.  Birdman solo x Big Tymers was putting out the biggest hits.    They signed Mack 10 and TQ:lol: .  Even Mannie got a solo but flopped.  Believe it or not things was looking pretty dark for CM at one point.  While I hate Wayne's music post Tha Block is Hot, dude saved the label & his career and made them stronger than ever.
as in you didn't even like Tha Carter?
i know it's opinion, but damn yours sucks
laugh.gif
Naw I'm good.  Liked Wayne for the one album(when I was in 8th grade) and I was done with him.  It may sound like blasphemy but I'd listen to a Baby album before Waynes ANYDAY

Last edited:
Birdman albums are practically compilations, so I can see where murderface is coming from :lol:

Naw I'm good.  Liked Wayne for the one album(when I was in 8th grade) and I was done with him.  It may sound like blasphemy but I'd listen to a Baby album before Waynes ANYDAY
I'm dying. This dude said Baby gets more spin then Carter or even Tha Block is Hot? Damn your ears must be in a struggle.

Back
Top Bottom