Who was the most marketable NBA player of ALL-TIME?

Looking back at everything, and some old magazine. I began to wonder who was the most marketable nba player of all time?

-Micheal Jordan
- Kobe (Before the Colorado trials)
- LeBron James

I think It goes to Micheal Jordan easy. I remember seeing a HUGE sign of him in Barcelona in the 1992 Olympics. And mind you, at that time the NBA wasn'tinternationally known as well as it is now. Most if not every international player knew who Michael Jordan was.

That to me spoke volumes on how marketable this man was.

But, I remember when i was like 11 or something I'm sitting down watching a Lakers Vs. Jazz game on NBC and they had a Kobe commercial or him with the"i Love this game" ad, him in a McDonalds commercial, Sprite commercial, and finally an Addidas commercial. All back to back to back to back. I justsat there and
eek.gif

^^really? Magic? I never thought about that. I don't remember him being as exposed as MJ was. I think he got more famous after he announced he had HIV. Notto make fun of him or anything.
frown.gif

jordan takes the cake easy....lebron is as well but he can only dream of reaching that status
-------------

the real question should be "who was the least marketable NBA player of all-time?"

and i go with chris quinn. dude gets hated on for NO REASON
tired.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

jordan takes the cake easy....lebron is as well but he can only dream of reaching that status
-------------

the real question should be "who was the least marketable NBA player of all-time?"

and i go with chris quinn. dude gets hated on for NO REASON
tired.gif

Nah man, you could probably market my dude Chris Quinn better than the Kobe.

^^I think if LeBron stays away from trouble, he may reach that plateau one day. This dude is hyped to the 100th degree. And his game backs it all up. But Idon't know if he can single handedly create buzz for the NBA or make it go back to where it was when MJ was in the league.

MJ singled handedly made the NBA famous.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Naa

The NBA was struggling in the 70's and Bird vs. Magic brought it back to the forefront of sports. MJ took the league to another level

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Naa

The NBA was struggling in the 70's and Bird vs. Magic brought it back to the forefront of sports. MJ took the league to another level

I think MJ took the league into another competitive level. Also he did some things we never seen an off-guard do. We only witnessed a big man do the thingsthat he did. I think his size is what made a huge impressions to everyone.

i hate homer fishing threads...kid made this thread to talk about kobe... can u get off kobe jock? ur 'Fastest to 30000 points' went nowhere.

Jordan FOR SURE!!!! and its not even close. dude is still cakin off his shoe sales and commercials and he's been outta the league for a while.

Originally Posted by rocboys

i hate homer fishing threads...kid made this thread to talk about kobe... can u get off kobe jock? ur 'Fastest to 30000 points' went nowhere.

Not really, I just wanted to know what everyone thought about the topic. What your problem man?
eyes.gif

Kobe's not even close to 30,000 points. He doesn't even have 25,000.
laugh.gif

it's obviously mj, but better question is who are some of the most marketables after mj?

lebron > ai > penny > shaq > tmac > kobe > the rest

Back
Top Bottom