Who's got love for the Jordan 2? We need a retro mane!

I only love the white based CWs in the 2s.  Would love to see a white based Knicks CW similar to the Melo 2s during his Denver days.  Fingers crossed. 

Ya i agree,  $199 is way too much to pay but thats the way it is now, unfortunately. Especially for the Candy Pack retro's that you can barely find brand new to begin with. You can cop some barely used ones for cheaper but not much. I've been looking for these green ones brand new for awhile and had to pull the trigger on em. Man i remember the good ol days when you could get a clean pair J's for a reasonable price on Ebay.

this

try searching for a ds sz13 candy pack 2's straight near impossible

The 2's are the most overrated "underrated" air Jordan. I feel like the reason most people aren't on them because 1). There isn't too much footage of mike with the 2's on cause of the foot injury he sustained. 2). There aren't but about 3-4 OG colorways of the shoe. I like 2's a lot but being the middle child between air Jordan 1 and the air Jordan 3 is gonna get you unnoticed regardless if you were being made in Italy. I have a feeling that the 2's will retro next year with the OG wings box and maybe some made in Italy hype attached to it. Lows should be appreciated too. But the white/black/red colorway and the retro black/chrome colorway is a must for next Year. But if you wanna talk about underrated lets talk about XVIII's fellas.....assuming you guys know what they look like................................

The 2's are the most overrated "underrated" air Jordan. I feel like the reason most people aren't on them because 1). There isn't too much footage of mike with the 2's on cause of the foot injury he sustained. 2). There aren't but about 3-4 OG colorways of the shoe. I like 2's a lot but being the middle child between air Jordan 1 and the air Jordan 3 is gonna get you unnoticed regardless if you were being made in Italy. I have a feeling that the 2's will retro next year with the OG wings box and maybe some made in Italy hype attached to it. Lows should be appreciated too. But the white/black/red colorway and the retro black/chrome colorway is a must for next Year. But if you wanna talk about underrated lets talk about XVIII's fellas.....assuming you guys know what they look like................................

Good point about the color ways, there were only 2 made! White/black/red and whtie/red. Now, the did make both colorways in a mid and a low, but too me it is only two color ways as the lows are exactly the same as the mids minus the missing height. They are not altered like the xix or xx low.

i've been wondering this for ages, is that a backwards and distorted swoosh on the side with the point leading forward? the design cues always appeared that way to me.

I love 2s. They were my first pair of Js. Ironically I was this close in buying the high top white black and red ones....but the bid got high at the last second...caught me off guard too cuz normally I never see 2s in gs sizes get much attention.... :smh: So I settled for some flint 19s for 45 :lol:

Reretro 2s!

I was just thinking about this the other day. The only 2 nice colorways I've seen in the past 10 years was the Chicago colorway and the Melo's. Can we PLEASE get a decent retro II? White/Royal Blue/Carolina Blue would be nice......come on out photoshoppers....

i had the black/chrome II's, white/blk/red II's, and melos....extremely comfy...those are the only colorways i care about.

Actually, theres an abundance of footage of MJ in these shoes. These were worn during his 1st full season back from his injury, he averaged 37ppg, and he won his 1st slam dunk championship in the 2s. Alot of his most memorable Air Jordan moments happened during the '86-'87 season.

a black/red retro + would be nice but you can almost count on the color blocking to be way off the way jb operates these days

Actually, theres an abundance of footage of MJ in these shoes. These were worn during his 1st full season back from his injury, he averaged 37ppg, and he won his 1st slam dunk championship in the 2s. Alot of his most memorable Air Jordan moments happened during the '86-'87 season.

Finally, some decent knowledge posted in this thread. Repped.

These shoes were designed by Bruce Kilgore - the AF1 designer and that should explain the overall silhouette a bit better. That said, they haven't retroed these correctly since '94. The '04 GR drops didn't have great materials and I haven't seen or held the BIN joint so I won't comment on its quality.

The overall design of this shoe doesn't permit the 'clown'/uncreative colourblocking that's at the forefront of JB's 'creative' team. That why the OG colourways look best and the Retro+ end up at outlets.

Simple, pre-2000 AF1 colourblocking might work on these shoes but that might actually require JB's creative team to sit together collectively and do some 'brainstorming'. Far easier to cook up some junk in 5 minutes and spend half an hour coming up with some 'nickname' for the kids.

Last edited:
The BIN 23 II is a fantastic shoe. IMO it is the best of the series.

Only pair I need and want. The pairs that I see for sale locally are taxing on them for no reason. We need a retro considering all the retro 3's that are coming out.
I love this shoe, always have and it's part of my regular rotation.  If another retro releases, I would certainly pick it up.

my boy who works as a custodian at some highschool found a beat pair a few years back.. i remember them 2s being super comfortable to ball in... 

^
dude, the 95 retro 2 high may be the most comfortable pair of nike air's i've ever worn (didn't have da ogs)
i've said it before - like walking on pillows
(yet the 08 cdp high was the most uncomfortable pair i've ever had)

that's why i think a retro 2 high deserves/requires top notch materials, which sadly would mean limited
but i'd rather that senario that another crappy release, ya know?

the original 2 was marketed as a luxury sneaker more than a performance shoe, therefore i think it is the perfect
model for nike to re-release with quality - and being tied into the dunk contest - shoot - this model is perfect for
a high quality make-over with all original branding (that means na on da bottom too!)

Last edited:
I love the 2's but what kills me about the retros (except the '95 retros) is the toe box... the recent retros are tooo boxy the OG's and 1st retros have a much sleaker profile

^
you got that right!

here's a pic i took of my 2's (08 next to 95) - it shows the toebox issue you speak of

View media item 394683
the cdp toebox goes up at almost a 90 degree angle while the 95 is more of a 45 degree angle (like it should be)

Back
Top Bottom