Who's got love for the Jordan 2? We need a retro mane!

All white low II's were my first retro back in either 05/06. Loved them but beat them up to death. I would like more retros of the II's but I don't think the demand for them is there.

The 2's are the most overrated "underrated" air Jordan. I feel like the reason most people aren't on them because 1). There isn't too much footage of mike with the 2's on cause of the foot injury he sustained. 2). There aren't but about 3-4 OG colorways of the shoe. I like 2's a lot but being the middle child between air Jordan 1 and the air Jordan 3 is gonna get you unnoticed regardless if you were being made in Italy. I have a feeling that the 2's will retro next year with the OG wings box and maybe some made in Italy hype attached to it. Lows should be appreciated too. But the white/black/red colorway and the retro black/chrome colorway is a must for next Year. But if you wanna talk about underrated lets talk about XVIII's fellas.....assuming you guys know what they look like................................
I love 18's too. Really clean shoes to me---all colorways. Except, all mine squeak when I walk. Like the sole of the shoe is moving beneath my foot and squeaking.

^
you got that right!

here's a pic i took of my 2's (08 next to 95) - it shows the toebox issue you speak of

the cdp toebox goes up at almost a 90 degree angle while the 95 is more of a 45 degree angle (like it should be)
damn, that is turrible. I hate comparing '96 and '01 Jordan 11's to the 11's nowadays too. Straight disappointment; but I gots to have my 11's even still.

^
dude, the 95 retro 2 high may be the most comfortable pair of nike air's i've ever worn (didn't have da ogs)
i've said it before - like walking on pillows
(yet the 08 cdp high was the most uncomfortable pair i've ever had)

that's why i think a retro 2 high deserves/requires top notch materials, which sadly would mean limited
but i'd rather that senario that another crappy release, ya know?

the original 2 was marketed as a luxury sneaker more than a performance shoe, therefore i think it is the perfect
model for nike to re-release with quality - and being tied into the dunk contest - shoot - this model is perfect for
a high quality make-over with all original branding (that means na on da bottom too!)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the "2" the first shoe Jordan dunked from the free throw line in? And then did it again the next year in the "3's"?

he actually did the foul line dunk all three times! ha ha can you believe that?

but he achieved the most nike air in the first one though 85 (AJ1) - yet lost the contest
(& obviously won in 87 (AJ2) & 88 (AJ3)(2-1 overall)

View media item 395020
View media item 395021
86-hurt

View media item 395022
View media item 395023
so his 1st win was with the aj2

actually kinda did the same dunks in all three contests, but they were that good

View media item 395025View media item 395026View media item 395024

Last edited:
My personal favorite CWs Wht/Red/Blk& Blk/Chrome from 2004 not the Blk/Wht patent leather crap released in 2010.

Count me in if they call it the "Air Jordan 2 Retro High OG" and give it the treatment like this OG 1 circus they've put on this year. I'll buy their shoes if they do them right.

All white low II's were my first retro back in either 05/06. Loved them but beat them up to death. I would like more retros of the II's but I don't think the demand for them is there.
Same here but I had the white/navy pair. No hate here, but the mids have always reminded me of moon boots for some reason lol.

Last edited:
^
you got that right!

here's a pic i took of my 2's (08 next to 95) - it shows the toebox issue you speak of

View media item 394683
the cdp toebox goes up at almost a 90 degree angle while the 95 is more of a 45 degree angle (like it should be)

This has been a problem with present day retros in general. Look at the Air Tech Challenge II retro. Nike needs to move their production back to Taiwan. The boxy curved up toebox is not a good look.

The 2's are the most overrated "underrated" air Jordan. I feel like the reason most people aren't on them because 1). There isn't too much footage of mike with the 2's on cause of the foot injury he sustained. 2). There aren't but about 3-4 OG colorways of the shoe. I like 2's a lot but being the middle child between air Jordan 1 and the air Jordan 3 is gonna get you unnoticed regardless if you were being made in Italy. I have a feeling that the 2's will retro next year with the OG wings box and maybe some made in Italy hype attached to it. Lows should be appreciated too. But the white/black/red colorway and the retro black/chrome colorway is a must for next Year. But if you wanna talk about underrated lets talk about XVIII's fellas.....assuming you guys know what they look like................................

Being the second model in the series has nothing to do with how popular they are/were. If that was the case, people wouldn't widely consider the Lebron 2 as one of the best models in the series. It's just in the case of this particular model, people don't really appreciate the design....

As for myself, I love the Jordan II. I only have 3 pairs of this model, and I passed on the candy pack II's because they were just tacky. I love the charity 2's...it's still my favorite Jordan DB shoe to date...own 2 pairs since release date along with my QF 2010 retro. :D

This has been a problem with present day retros in general. Look at the Air Tech Challenge II retro. Nike needs to move their production back to Taiwan. The boxy curved up toebox is not a good look.

i actually think it has to do with toebox creasing & complaints of
the squared up toebox does help prevent it, also cause they give the shoes a stiff inside mold

i would much rather see creasing on a toebox that is shaped correctly
than minimal creasing on an incorrect toebox design

Last edited:
If they're gonna make another retro, then I'm in.

Last edited:
^
dude, the 95 retro 2 high may be the most comfortable pair of nike air's i've ever worn (didn't have da ogs)
i've said it before - like walking on pillows
(yet the 08 cdp high was the most uncomfortable pair i've ever had)

that's why i think a retro 2 high deserves/requires top notch materials, which sadly would mean limited
but i'd rather that senario that another crappy release, ya know?

the original 2 was marketed as a luxury sneaker more than a performance shoe, therefore i think it is the perfect
model for nike to re-release with quality - and being tied into the dunk contest - shoot - this model is perfect for
a high quality make-over with all original branding (that means na on da bottom too!)

Amen on the above man. We'll never get good materials though, not as long as the 'authentic fakes' keep flying out of stores.

Being that performance isnt the main focus for the retro line anymore, it wouldnt surprise me if JB makes up a "special edition" model with the same low grade materials (claiming to be italian leather) and slaps a $200 price tag on em, knowing damn well that the molds for the OG 2s have long since been destroyed.

^
you got that right!

View media item 394683

Indeed, the more rounded toe boxes were :pimp: . They definitely disappeared in recent retroes. Look at the present-day AJ 1s, the toebox is almost 90 degrees :x . Every retro today has a squared toe

The 2s were very comfortable and made perfect. I wouldnt mind buying another pair if they made them again.

I want black/chrome to drop, I've always wanted a pair.

Me too. Such an underrated/unwanted Jordan model. When these eventually drop, these will be more like the True Red 8's in terms of availability. Sneakerheads aren't going to go crazy for them. Hypebeasts will notice that as well and fall back. So they'll be easy cops for us NT fam!

Back
Top Bottom