Who's the bigger joke: Obama, Geithner, or Bernanke?

Originally Posted by HigherGround

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Ben Bernanke is a genius, it is kind of sad when bums who are not half the man he is, degrade him like he is some tool of off the streets.
laugh.gif
If you're going to jock him, at least spell the man's name correctly.
I'm not concerned about the mans name, it is his accomplishment that says alot. None of you would even reach the level he did yet you've the nerve to criticize him.
I'm not a fan of students and scholars of the Great Depression running the Fed. Great, he's very accomplished and a scholarly hero, that doesn't mean his policy is any good. 

For the record, I think Timmy is the worst of all.   I don't like Uncle Ben, but I didn't like Volker or Greenspan a whole lot, either.

I'm not concerned about the mans name, it is his accomplishment that says alot. None of you would even reach the level he did yet you've the nerve to criticize him.

You are aware that Bernanke was the head of Fed BEFORE the economic implosion, correct?

Originally Posted by reemz

You are aware that Bernanke was the head of Fed BEFORE the economic implosion, correct?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

the same guy who agreed with hank paulson?

Originally Posted by theconditioner

Just a thought.

It is kind of funny to observe that, even after the past couple of years, people still deny the fact that free markets cannot function without state support. 
I vehemently disagree w/this statement. Government intervention is what gave people a false sense of security. If there were no hedge funds to buy up all of our bad loans, the housing crisis would have occurred years earlier and it would have been far less dramatic. Instead, almost any financial institution can sucker new investors by telling them they are regulated by the government. The ONLY problem w/a free market is that people believe that they cannot - and, in fact, do not deserve to - lose money. Please explain to the rest of us where exactly the free market failed to function. Some billionaires lost billions? Some millionaires made billions? Some ordinary people lost their life savings? Some ordinary people lost their home/car/job? That's not called a free market failure, that's failure on an individual level. These people failed to make themselves aware of the rules - TOO BAD. I am living in the same recession as everyone else. I haven't lost my job, home or car. And I'm paying for tuition out of my own pocket. If people want to live above their means, they need to look in the mirror, not at Obama, Geithner or Bernanke.
HigherGround wrote:
Ben Bernanke is a genius, it is kind of sad when bums who are not half the man he is, degrade him like he is some tool of off the streets.

You can defend Bernanke - and I might even help you - but the implication in your statement is that we are not allowed to question the character, actions and intent of our government officials. There are tools off the streets who have a huge role in running this country. We watch them every time there is a Congressional hearing. And usually they're the ones asking the questions. And every couple of years we re-elect them. Just because the American public is less intelligent than the idiots it votes for doesn't mean we can't criticize our leaders. You may be right that some of the posters are half the man Bernanke is, but his job is probably a million times more important - and he chose to be the chairman of the Fed.

What do his nuts taste like?

Obama by far.
Geithner and Bernanke know exactly what's going. They play stupid in front of congress and the media because it suits their purpose. Their allegiance lies elsewhere. When you take into account whose interests they work for, both have been extremely successful at their positions.

On the other hand, I've come to the conclusion that Obama doesn't know what the hell is going on. He's just tagging along with the program and trying to keep his head low.

Obama is just a pawn.

I personally commend Bernanke for his actions during this crisis. Without these actions, we would've been in a 2nd depression, no questions asked.

That leaves Geithner. No comment.

I guess of you say Obama is a joke then he must be because he saved the auto industry, the economic backbone of this country that made us great, Economy that was contracting at a 3% rate and now has just posted 2 straight quarters of growth with 5.7%, slowed down the job losses that were bleeding from 700,000/month when he took office to less than 200,000. The unemployment rate was 10.5% and now is 9.7%. All the steps he has taken has spurred economic growth in the country and now he wants reinstate some of the regulations that the financial system was under before the Glass-Steagall act was repealed which caused this crisis in the first place. So I guess he is joke then.

Originally Posted by JayAmazin

I guess of you say Obama is a joke then he must be because he saved the auto industry, the economic backbone of this country that made us great, Economy that was contracting at a 3% rate and now has just posted 2 straight quarters of growth with 5.7%, slowed down the job losses that were bleeding from 700,000/month when he took office to less than 200,000. The unemployment rate was 10.5% and now is 9.7%. All the steps he has taken has spurred economic growth in the country and now he wants reinstate some of the regulations that the financial system was under before the Glass-Steagall act was repealed which caused this crisis in the first place. So I guess he is joke then.
You should question everything you read. Even if it comes from whitehouse.gov.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by andycrazn

roll.gif
roll.gif

My thoughts exactly.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mistah majestic

2gsqxck.gif

Wouldn't this be because so many people already got laid off that there really isn't much more firing to do?

The employment comparisons would be better.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

roll.gif
roll.gif
I didn't even read what he said and might not even agree if I did read it but emoticons are such cop outs, they basically say that you're to stupid to formulate anything so your going to try and put your nose up.

laugh.gif
If you're going to jock him, at least spell the man's name correctly.
I'm not a fan of students and scholars of the Great Depression running the Fed. Great, he's very accomplished and a scholarly hero, that doesn't mean his policy is any good. 

For the record, I think Timmy is the worst of all.   I don't like Uncle Ben, but I didn't like Volker or Greenspan a whole lot, either.

higher ground is on his jock but lazy u pontificate like a !%%#+##+!%%$  plz tell me what u dont like about volker, and ben

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Obama by far.
Geithner and Bernanke know exactly what's going. They play stupid in front of congress and the media because it suits their purpose. Their allegiance lies elsewhere. When you take into account whose interests they work for, both have been extremely successful at their positions.

On the other hand, I've come to the conclusion that Obama doesn't know what the hell is going on. He's just tagging along with the program and trying to keep his head low.

Ding Ding Ding.
Lets not even talk about the sudden trends in the market, and the implications that brings.

As far as the bigger joke? The bigger joke is on us when we the American public realizes what is going on way too late.

wawaweewa wrote:
JayAmazin wrote:
You should question everything you read. Even if it comes from whitehouse.gov.
laugh.gif

Boom-Head shot! Obama stans need to realize that Whitehouse press releases and Keith Olbermann are not the Alpha and the Omaga of political and economic information.

For money and for fun I make forecasts and make dossiers on these guys and while I may disagree with Obama and Bernanke, to varying degrees, they are doing what you would expect. They are both professors who carried their views into public office.

Timmy Geithner on the other hand is someone who has to go. While it is good that we live in an age where violence plays a much smaller role in politics than it used to, I rue the fact that I will never get to stick a sword in that rat's belly and make a diagonal slice. Geithner is emblematic of a system where big banks got to function in an environment of privatized gains and socialized losses. People of all political stripes should hate this but he and others have masterfully covered the tracks of his Wall Street friends by advancing the narrative that the collapse of Lehman and others was the result of "free market capitalism" and then asks for "reforms: which will be window dressing. Such reforms will more or less maintain the status quo of a privileged few getting the gains in good times and everyone suffering the losses in the lean times. 

Back
Top Bottom