whose fadeaway is better...Dirk or Jordan

Originally Posted by gko2408

Dirk developing a driving/low-post game has been the best career progression he could have gone through. Stephen Jackson, Marion, and other lengthy small forwards have all taken Dirk out of games through the years by harassing him and pretty much making his fadeaway null. 
What makes Jordan's fadeaway so effective was that you HAD to respect every move, shoulder lean, feint, and dribble he made.There was no part of his game predictable or weak enough to ignore whereas Dirk used to be much more predictable and less willing to drive, making him a relatively easy guard for long defenders.

So really, just a lengthy way of saying nobody is touching Jordan's fade.

But nobody's shot makes a more satisfying swish than Dirk's off-the-top-of-the-tv-screen rainbow arc.

What does that have to do with the quality of his actual fade away?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by gko2408

Dirk developing a driving/low-post game has been the best career progression he could have gone through. Stephen Jackson, Marion, and other lengthy small forwards have all taken Dirk out of games through the years by harassing him and pretty much making his fadeaway null. 
What makes Jordan's fadeaway so effective was that you HAD to respect every move, shoulder lean, feint, and dribble he made.There was no part of his game predictable or weak enough to ignore whereas Dirk used to be much more predictable and less willing to drive, making him a relatively easy guard for long defenders.

So really, just a lengthy way of saying nobody is touching Jordan's fade.

But nobody's shot makes a more satisfying swish than Dirk's off-the-top-of-the-tv-screen rainbow arc.

What does that have to do with the quality of his actual fade away?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Jordan >

All time I'll honestly say Kobe > 
ohwell.gif

and you will honestly be wrong.
Who do you think has the best fadeaway of All Time?

I dislike the dude but his fadeaway is just
sick.gif

Jordan,Hakeem,Bird and Duncan are up there but Kobes >, imo

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Jordan >

All time I'll honestly say Kobe > 
ohwell.gif

and you will honestly be wrong.
Who do you think has the best fadeaway of All Time?

I dislike the dude but his fadeaway is just
sick.gif

Jordan,Hakeem,Bird and Duncan are up there but Kobes >, imo

It is Jordan, he is the best of all time, so people believe that each and every individual skill he does better than anyone else.

I will go with Dirk though.

It is Jordan, he is the best of all time, so people believe that each and every individual skill he does better than anyone else.

I will go with Dirk though.

both are great in fadeaways but is this even an argument? dirk shoots fadeways all day even when facing the basket 
laugh.gif
so that's like his regular shot 
grin.gif

both are great in fadeaways but is this even an argument? dirk shoots fadeways all day even when facing the basket 
laugh.gif
so that's like his regular shot 
grin.gif

Dirk's shot is unblockable, but can't always get to it. MJ could get to his fadeaway whenever he wanted. Dirk's probably goes in more often though.

Dirk's shot is unblockable, but can't always get to it. MJ could get to his fadeaway whenever he wanted. Dirk's probably goes in more often though.

better in terms of what? most accurate fadeaway shooter? or best looking shot? if we're talkin looks, jordan or kobe definitely over dirk. his fadeaway is hideous. wild awkward. but crazy accurate. kobe and jordans look every bit the way that shot should look. form is still crisp, one leg kickin out, back slightly angled, clean follow through. especially when they hit the dream shake before they pull it, its an art form.

better in terms of what? most accurate fadeaway shooter? or best looking shot? if we're talkin looks, jordan or kobe definitely over dirk. his fadeaway is hideous. wild awkward. but crazy accurate. kobe and jordans look every bit the way that shot should look. form is still crisp, one leg kickin out, back slightly angled, clean follow through. especially when they hit the dream shake before they pull it, its an art form.

were not talking about height. dirks size is thrown out. based on technique, accuracy,effectiveness jordan>kobe>dirk

were not talking about height. dirks size is thrown out. based on technique, accuracy,effectiveness jordan>kobe>dirk

Back
Top Bottom