Why Are So Many Successful Black Women Unmarried?

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

A combination of high unrealistic standards and a slim choice of options.
fixed. for a woman to say she will only date dudes that are 6'4 or better (and other dumb chit like that) is ridiculous. too many people aregetting "standards" confused with "preferences".

Too strong.
Too independent.
Can do w/o a man attitude.
No time for sex.
No time for nothing but their career.

grin.gif

Along with what Nike Star Jay said is the fact that it's difficult to balance a relationship that may include a family

with a blossoming career.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Blame the black man. It is all our fault.
People blame black women all the time too. Goes both ways.

As for the video, I don't see what's wrong with not settling for less. Black women are the only ones that should "settle" when it comes
to dating/marriage options. Although, some of those requirements may be a little silly and out of reach.
laugh.gif

I hope what I'm reading by some of you is sarcasm. Some of you sound like you've been raised by scorned single black women and some of you that arenon-black shouldn't comment on the issue at all.

My opinion:
Their standards are too high and they are unwilling to date outside of the race.

NIKE TALK NEEDS TO START ACTIVELY PURSUING SUCCESSFUL BLACK WOMEN, OH, WAIT, WE ALREADY DO.

The thing is, many of the women that have great jobs and are on the right path PROFESSIONALLY are still regular people. The majority of people aren'tcatches in terms of relationship compatibility.

These high $ earning women seem to think they have all of their stuff together and that is not the truth. Some of them are still headcases, some of them stilldon't know how to allow a man to be a man, some of them still don't have respect for black men in general. Remember the black community is highlycomprised of single parent households.

A lot of these woman have NEVER had a black male in their life that they respected. They might have had men that they have LOVED, but respected? Not many evenunderstand what it means to have respect for a black male. Their mothers poisoned their minds as kids, so they see their mother bad mouth men, have differentmen in and out of their lives, what do you think they will grow up to do?

That is why some dudes have a prerequisite for dating black women. "If they weren't raised by a mother AND a father, I won't deal with them."And that makes sense to me. YES you might miss out on someone qualified that was raised by only a mother, but we miss out on good folks all of the time forvarious preferences we have.

I will end with this. If I am a woman, and every dude I meet it NEVER works out, how does it make sense for me to think it is the dude(s) fault?

I like my women like I like my coffee..black, rich, and strong. Also, the numbers are in favor of the successful black man. No wonder they keep a girl in theirbackpocket, they can afford to. The supply to demand ratio is in blackmen's favor.

Setting of standards doesn't help much.

Kinda like when you go to a job board or something similar and you start narrowing *+#$ down to what you want and only that, ruling out every other thingpossible. That list goes from many to very few quicker than you ever seen. Oh, and those few are either taken or don't want you.

That's one side anyway.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

SOME Black men are intimidated by a successful, independent Black woman...
This is bull man. Seriously, it is bull. No disrespect but it seems that you have had a black woman force these views upon you. I have NEVER hearda man make a statement like this. Only women make this statement. It is bull.

Black men don't feel like DEALING with a woman that isn't cooperative, has an attitude, and doesn't allow him to be a man.

That is what black men (that are worth anything) don't feel like dealing with.

Again, black women )in general) don't respect black men.

Back
Top Bottom