Why Are So Many Successful Black Women Unmarried?

Discussion in 'General' started by jimmybeanz, Dec 26, 2009.

1. jimmybeanz

jimmybeanz

This is from ABC News Nightline.� My boys and I talk about this ALL THE TIME.� One of the women on this video had a list of 50 things a man had to bring to thetable. But she wonders why she's still single???

2. jasoner27

jasoner27

they didnt stay in the kitchen....

3. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

Blame the black man. It is all our fault.

4. spsfinest212

spsfinest212

5. cryingfreemancoa

cryingfreemancoa

not enough successful brothas

6. antonlavey

antonlavey Banned

this

7. jimmybeanz

jimmybeanz

fixed. for a woman to say she will only date dudes that are 6'4 or better (and other dumb chit like that) is ridiculous. too many people aregetting "standards" confused with "preferences".

8. cocolicious

cocolicious

9. memphisboi55

memphisboi55 Moderator

Too strong.
    Too independent.
    Can do w/o a man attitude.
    No time for sex.
    No time for nothing but their career.

[​IMG]

10. ag 47

ag 47

Along with what Nike Star Jay said is the fact that it's difficult to balance a relationship that may include a family

with a blossoming career.

11. raptors29

raptors29

It is. We bring them down with our ignorance [​IMG]

12. nyota de la star

nyota de la star

People blame black women all the time too. Goes both ways.

As for the video, I don't see what's wrong with not settling for less. Black women are the only ones that should "settle" when it comes
    to dating/marriage options. Although, some of those requirements may be a little silly and out of reach. [​IMG]

13. dagreatj

dagreatj

Because a lot of black men are bums and they are not attracted to other races.

14. uptown roamer

uptown roamer

SOME Black men are intimidated by a successful, independent Black woman...

15. cangn

cangn

Successful black women have really high standard, I guess.

16. oidreez

oidreez

17. optimusprimeaphia

optimusprimeaphia

oh god here we go AGAIN...

[​IMG]

18. lazy b

lazy b

I hope what I'm reading by some of you is sarcasm. Some of you sound like you've been raised by scorned single black women and some of you that arenon-black shouldn't comment on the issue at all.

My opinion:
    Their standards are too high and they are unwilling to date outside of the race.

19. nyota de la star

nyota de la star

I never understood that too strong/too independent excuse either [​IMG]

20. dunkaruu

dunkaruu

NIKE TALK NEEDS TO START ACTIVELY PURSUING SUCCESSFUL BLACK WOMEN, OH, WAIT, WE ALREADY DO.

21. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

The thing is, many of the women that have great jobs and are on the right path PROFESSIONALLY are still regular people. The majority of people aren'tcatches in terms of relationship compatibility.

These high $ earning women seem to think they have all of their stuff together and that is not the truth. Some of them are still headcases, some of them stilldon't know how to allow a man to be a man, some of them still don't have respect for black men in general. Remember the black community is highlycomprised of single parent households.

A lot of these woman have NEVER had a black male in their life that they respected. They might have had men that they have LOVED, but respected? Not many evenunderstand what it means to have respect for a black male. Their mothers poisoned their minds as kids, so they see their mother bad mouth men, have differentmen in and out of their lives, what do you think they will grow up to do?

That is why some dudes have a prerequisite for dating black women. "If they weren't raised by a mother AND a father, I won't deal with them."And that makes sense to me. YES you might miss out on someone qualified that was raised by only a mother, but we miss out on good folks all of the time forvarious preferences we have.

I will end with this. If I am a woman, and every dude I meet it NEVER works out, how does it make sense for me to think it is the dude(s) fault?

22. memphisboi55

memphisboi55 Moderator

You see successful black MEN w/ other races all the time,.... wonder why..?

23. dunkaruu

dunkaruu

I like my women like I like my coffee..black, rich, and strong. Also, the numbers are in favor of the successful black man. No wonder they keep a girl in theirbackpocket, they can afford to. The supply to demand ratio is in blackmen's favor.

24. ph3n0m3n0n

ph3n0m3n0n

Setting of standards doesn't help much.

Kinda like when you go to a job board or something similar and you start narrowing *+#$ down to what you want and only that, ruling out every other thingpossible. That list goes from many to very few quicker than you ever seen. Oh, and those few are either taken or don't want you.

That's one side anyway. [​IMG]

25. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

This is bull man. Seriously, it is bull. No disrespect but it seems that you have had a black woman force these views upon you. I have NEVER hearda man make a statement like this. Only women make this statement. It is bull.

Black men don't feel like DEALING with a woman that isn't cooperative, has an attitude, and doesn't allow him to be a man.

That is what black men (that are worth anything) don't feel like dealing with.

Again, black women )in general) don't respect black men.