Why Are So Many Successful Black Women Unmarried?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

And another thing in thinking about it....how did ol' girl know that she didn't turn the guy off by the way she was carrying herself? She was almost placing the blame on him because *gasp* he didn't ask her for her number....nothing was stopping her from asking him, but ANY guy in that type of situation would know how to close the deal if the vibe is going well (not talking about sex, but getting a number)....i'm now more leaning towards HER being the turn-off no matter how good she thought the conversation was going.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with making money, enjoying single-life, etc if you are a black woman....however, humble yourself sometimes. Get off your damn high-horse and stop thinking your !%*# don't stink. Once you get past their looks (the women in the clip), you'll see that they have nothing good to say and they are shallow. Most guys would probably want to be with a girl with a good personality and decent looks opposed to being with a knockout who is a dud personality-wise.
well stated. i couldn't have articulated that better myself.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

A combination of high unrealistic standards and a slim choice of options.
fixed. for a woman to say she will only date dudes that are 6'4 or better (and other dumb chit like that) is ridiculous. too many people are getting "standards" confused with "preferences".
Cosigned.

And as the good brother Steve Harvey said in the vid, there's a lot of good men who are overlooked. It's funny cause the older and more successful Ibecome, the more I see how f'ed up the dating situation is. A few years back when I got out of college I would meet all kinds of women and have to jumpthrough all kinds of hoops to get the number. Buy a drink, talk some game, etc. All I have to do now is tell them I'm working on my JD
laugh.gif
smh.gif
My boy whois black and a lawyer took me to his friends party (she was a black female) and I swear to everything I never seen so many beautiful black women in one room.They were all lawyers. I could tell from the convos in the room that they only dated within certain circles. This is the mentality that really works againstblack women. Men such as myself have a lot of pride. And if you weren't checkin for us before, it's a good chance we won't be checking for you whenwe've made it. Successful women feel like they need to marry successful men otherwise the imbalance in power can ruin things. Men can marry unsuccessfulwomen and its still all good as long as there's love. I swear I can tell ya'll so many stories of situations that would just make you laugh at howscrewed up the relationship dynamic is amongst black professionals. Unrealistic expectations indeed. Black women need to stop watching movies expecting MorrisChesnut to come sweep them off their feet lol.

\And also, like I mentioned to CoCoLicious in the past, MANY women think all they have to bring to the table is SEX. They think they don't have to cook, clean, or any other things that we TRADITIONALLY think women should do. And some of them don't even WANT to learn. "I ain't cookin for no &@&*! he can get his mother to cook."

This what i been wating on....

06215f4f6fedc8a82b0a0b88ced5332d8940dc4.gif

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

And also, like I mentioned to CoCoLicious in the past, MANY women think all they have to bring to the table is SEX. They think they don't have to cook, clean, or any other things that we TRADITIONALLY think women should do. And some of them don't even WANT to learn. "I ain't cookin for no &@&*! he can get his mother to cook."
Why the hell are you bringing me up?! I never said those things so get it straight. I said i would rather show my appreciation by giving a massages or sexual acts then to make a meal for my "husband". Never said anything else you mentioned.
I specifically spoke on you rather doing sexual deeds than fulfilling other needs that a man has.

I never said you said those other things. Relax and comprehend without emotion (if possible).

And what I underlined is exactly what I am speaking of. Women thinking that sex is ALWAYS the answer. What if you man doesn't want sex? What if he wants ameal to be cooked for him. EXACTLY what I am referring to.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by haiti5

but to be fair..i think many black women are adopting the black male mentality..why not just be single and enjoy they money..somethin i dont see as a problem
C'mon son. No woman that values herself thinks that like that.

Black men who live that "lifestyle" weren't raised properly to begin with.

I said i would rather show my appreciation but giving a message or sexual acts then to make a meal for my "husband". Never said anything else you mentioned.
You can be paid to do that. Way to value yourself.

That doesn't even make sense.

Also a lot of these successful black women don't look good. Remember no man wants to wake up to something uneasy on the eyes. THIS goes overlooked for somereason.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I agree with most of what DC said...but I can also say that Black women are less likely to date outside of their races. Honestly, to be fair, you can't knock them for having standards. If you step your game up, its only natural for you to want someone on your level. I personally women look to be upgraded by the men they date. My problem is when they expect things of their mate that they don't even have themselves. Like I date women and some of the preferences they have for men don't even make sense to me.

Examples please?

Wassup Mag
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by oidreez

Blame the black man. It is all our fault.

Always is and why not just date outside their race?

from what I've seen most other races aren't attracted to black women anymore then black women are attracted to other races.

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Originally Posted by haiti5

why not we have done it for years
laugh.gif
not the mentality as in being a player or some type of rolling stone..but just in holding off committed relationships until they reach a high level of success within they career. how is that a problem?
exactly.
I don't plan on getting married myself. From that video seems like stress just too look for a husband.
laugh.gif

Well he said, black women are just conforming to what men are doing. I see that as a BIG problem. Let them live their lives, but there are reasons these womenare still single. To say that we should just forget about gender roles is a major problem in this society, and they only have their new "roles" tothank for their current situation. Blaming anyone else (black men) for the position one is in is a cop out. Nothing more, nothing less. Also the chick who waslike "If I stay single that is fine with me"
eyes.gif
word? Oh so that's why you putting your status on ABS news?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

\And also, like I mentioned to CoCoLicious in the past, MANY women think all they have to bring to the table is SEX. They think they don't have to cook, clean, or any other things that we TRADITIONALLY think women should do. And some of them don't even WANT to learn. "I ain't cookin for no &@&*! he can get his mother to cook."

This what i been wating on....

06215f4f6fedc8a82b0a0b88ced5332d8940dc4.gif

2ut0pw4.gif

"...btw, i got some ribs and wings over here, you wun sum..."

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

A combination of high unrealistic standards and a slim choice of options.
fixed. for a woman to say she will only date dudes that are 6'4 or better (and other dumb chit like that) is ridiculous. too many people are getting "standards" confused with "preferences".
Cosigned.

And as the good brother Steve Harvey said in the vid, there's a lot of good men who are overlooked. It's funny cause the older and more successful I become, the more I see how f'ed up the dating situation is. A few years back when I got out of college I would meet all kinds of women and have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get the number. Buy a drink, talk some game, etc. All I have to do now is tell them I'm working on my JD
laugh.gif
smh.gif
My boy who is black and a lawyer took me to his friends party (she was a black female) and I swear to everything I never seen so many beautiful black women in one room. They were all lawyers. I could tell from the convos in the room that they only dated within certain circles. This is the mentality that really works against black women. Men such as myself have a lot of pride. And if you weren't checkin for us before, it's a good chance we won't be checking for you when we've made it. Successful women feel like they need to marry successful men otherwise the imbalance in power can ruin things. Men can marry unsuccessful women and its still all good as long as there's love. I swear I can tell ya'll so many stories of situations that would just make you laugh at how screwed up the relationship dynamic is amongst black professionals. Unrealistic expectations indeed. Black women need to stop watching movies expecting Morris Chesnut to come sweep them off their feet lol.

I gotta co-sign u and jimmybeanz.....one, for people getting the whole preference/standards thing confused...and two, the bolded part of what you said Rav....

it's funny yet sad at the same time.....any amount of humility goes out the window with some of these women. It goes back to what Steve Harvey wassaying...there are PLENTY of good dudes out there but they are being overlooked.

I mean, it's a combination of a lot of things already said, I'm not saying my reason is the SOLE reason.

But, there are SOME Black men who feel "some type of way" if their woman is making more money, making better career moves, ect., than them. Theycan't help but feel inferior, for whatever reason.

And no, these views weren't forced upon me. It's just that I've seen it PLENTY of times to know that is not BS, that %$!@ is VERY real. It'snot THEE biggest part of why these woman don't succeed in relationships, but it's still a pretty good fraction of it...

Man yall can fake if you want. A woman that can't cook or clean is a downgrade. Point blank. Women should do those things. Call me a sexist? I don'tgive a damn. MY woman needs to know how to cook and clean. If you want to have a shooting guard that can't shoot on your team, then be my guest. Don'ttake it as a diss or personal females. Just learn how to do it. What is the harm? Why is there an ego? It is pure laziness. And I hate when people rationalizeit and say, "It is 2009, why do you still subscribe to gender roles." You have to bring SOMETHING to the table.

If I can do all of that by myself, why the hell do I need you female?

Again, black women in general don't respect black men.
eek.gif
Yoo I brought this point up with a successful black womanand she wanted to tear my head off!!!

I was asking her why black women aggressively go at dudes of other races when they enter the area but they wont go at black men like that and would rather waitfor them to pursue her.. And she didnt have no answers for me...

Black women put up too many rules and regulations like there are state law requirements in order to ask her out on a date, or something as simple as asking forher phone number. If they learn to stop setting the bar so high then maybe they can see better results.

A woman's main importance should be he should treat me right and know how to be a man

Man yall can fake if you want. A woman that can't cook or clean is a downgrade. Point blank. Women should do those things. Call me a sexist? I don't give a damn. MY woman needs to know how to cook and clean. If you want to have a shooting guard that can't shoot on your team, then be my guest. Don't take it as a diss or personal females. Just learn how to do it. What is the harm? Why is there an ego? It is pure laziness. And I hate when people rationalize it and say, "It is 2009, why do you still subscribe to gender roles." You have to bring SOMETHING to the table.

You should never need a female.

laugh.gif

So the woman has to be the working woman and the house maid. We can't split duties?
Yup, it's settled NOT getting married.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

And also, like I mentioned to CoCoLicious in the past, MANY women think all they have to bring to the table is SEX. They think they don't have to cook, clean, or any other things that we TRADITIONALLY think women should do. And some of them don't even WANT to learn. "I ain't cookin for no &@&*! he can get his mother to cook."
Why the hell are you bringing me up?! I never said those things so get it straight. I said i would rather show my appreciation by giving a massages or sexual acts then to make a meal for my "husband". Never said anything else you mentioned.

Not bad coco, not bad.
The sexual acts that is.
glasses.gif

Honestly, lets keep it real man.nobody is discussing the root of these relationship problems. What happened to the black family?! in the 1950s and 1960s we wasgood..then all of a sudden you see black men drifting away from their black families and black women becoming these scorned angry creatures. @$%! seriously.

Originally Posted by Club29

Damn, the women featured in the video were all pretty sexy too.
Yep, and when you're fine like that, I don't blame the ladies for waiting for the right man to scoop them off their feet..Although theyhave some pretty high standards, men may be intimidated to approach such ladies that have substance.

The chemist described the convo she had with the white man, but he didnt ask for her number. She should've came off that pedestal and asked for his.What's the big deal about asking for a guy's number if you're genuinely interested.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Man yall can fake if you want. A woman that can't cook or clean is a downgrade. Point blank. Women should do those things. Call me a sexist? I don't give a damn. MY woman needs to know how to cook and clean. If you want to have a shooting guard that can't shoot on your team, then be my guest. Don't take it as a diss or personal females. Just learn how to do it. What is the harm? Why is there an ego? It is pure laziness. And I hate when people rationalize it and say, "It is 2009, why do you still subscribe to gender roles." You have to bring SOMETHING to the table.

You should never need a female.
I agree, sorry for my words. Why should I WANT you if I can do it all by myself.

Other episodes that can be applied here:

Why women date losers - http://www.archive.org/do...5865_0/macklessons59.mp3

Do Black men outgrow Black women - http://www.archive.org/do...ns6674/macklessons70.mp3

Why Brothas think black women are difficult - http://www.archive.org/do...ns8994/macklessons92.mp3

And throw this one in too

Why are so many black women fat - http://www.archive.org/do...7/macklessonsradio50.mp3

Originally Posted by allalon1

Black women put up too many rules and regulations like there are state law requirements in order to ask her out on a date, or something as simple as asking for her phone number. If they learn to stop setting the bar so high then maybe they can see better results.

A woman's main importance should be he should treat me right and know how to be a man
preach
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom