Why are we so excited about Kevin Durant when

we've already seen better before?

my goodness!
this basketball prodigy was only 22 at the time, and better than kevin durant who is 23 right now.

so much more fluid.. more versatile, just can't be compared..

kd was good but not this good.. easily can tell here and from other highlights..

i'd be yawning all over while watching okc play...

james harden is the only player i can *++* with nh

Since when does someone need to be completely original to warrant excitement? And if you say they just can't be compared.. why do you compare them?

I don't know how you find OKC boring to watch.. between Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka blocking shots.. Perkins making his faces, easily one of my favorite teams to watch.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

we've already seen better before?

so much more fluid.. more versatile, just can't be compared..
laugh.gif
What the hell does this mean? You were just searching deep for some words to get people to believe what you want us to believe.
laugh.gif

First of all, KD is a better defender than T-Mac ever was. He plays the full 48 on both ends. So I guess that slashes T-Mac's versatility in half.

Fluid? I mean, how many ways can KD score before his fluidity becomes less inferior to T-Mac? KD shot 47% his second year in the league. T-Mac for his entire career is a 43% shooter. Not a better 3-point shooter, 2-pt shooter, or FT shooter. Yeah, man, Tracy is fluid though.

And lastly, KD was 22 when he made it past the first round of the playoffs. Wanna know how old T-Mac was?

Ah you know the NBA season is back when you get the annual T-Mac appreciation/nostalgia thread. *In before 13 in 30 seconds*

this troll found someone new to make useless discrediting threads about finally after all these years.

How often did T-Mac decide to play defense? In the playoffs that one time? He hotdogged it too much of the time. KD works harder.

T-Mac will always be that "could've been" player. Already can't say that about KD.

Just because he works harder on defense doesn't make him a better defender. And I'm a huge Durant fan.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

And lastly, KD was 22 when he made it past the first round of the playoffs. Wanna know how old T-Mac was?
McGrady didn't have HCA in any of his 1st round matchups. And in the only 1st round matchup that his team had a better record than the opponent, in '08 vs. UTH, yao was out.

KD is 0-2 in series in which he didn't have HCA.

You can chalk up their postseason careers to Westbrook alone being > Any of McGrady's postseason teammates

You can't use a team accolade such as postseason success to put one individual over the other.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

McGrady didn't have HCA in any of his 1st round matchups. And in the only 1st round matchup that his team had a better record than the opponent, in '08 vs. UTH, yao was out.

You can chalk up their postseason careers to Westbrook alone being > Any of McGrady's postseason teammates

You can't use a team accolade such as postseason success to put one individual over the other.
his rockets had home court in 2007 against utah in a series yao did play in.

they proceeded to blow 2-0 and 3-2 series leads while losing at home in game 7.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

i goofed.

However, there was a 1 win differential in the team's reg season record. And McGrady was missing yao which swung the series in UTH's favor.

Take away Westbrook and KD doesn't get past DEN.

nope. UTH won the division. HOU did not.

So, even though HOU won more games, they didn't have HCA.
not true,  the team with the better record in the nba has the home court advantage regardless of the seeds.

check nba.com or look at a recap of that series and it will show you where games 1,2,5 ,and 7 were played.

in 2006 the clippers lost a game to the grizzlies on purpose late that season to move from the 5 seed to the 6 seed to play the "3" seed 44 win nuggets in the first round and have home court advantage and avoid playing the 60 win 4 seed mavericks instead.

they changed things up in 07  where if a team won their division and if a 2nd place team from another division won more games then the division winner they got a higher seed.   example of this  in 07  the 2nd place spurs got the 3 seed while the division winning jazz got the 4 seed.

i noticed the edit right after i made my post lol.

on a side note i wish the nfl did the same playoff format the nba does. no way in hell should a 7-9 team host a playoff game just because they won their crappy division (granted they made the most of their opportunity)

Durant is better in every way.

and lol at the old pat ewing barley moving up the court.

i noticed the edit right after i made my post lol.

on a side note i wish the nfl did the same playoff format the nba does. no way in hell should a 7-9 team host a playoff game just because they won their crappy division (granted they made the most of their opportunity)
Can't believe people are still whining about this.

Back
Top Bottom