Why are we so excited about Kevin Durant when

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I think its been awhile & some people forgot how good McGrady actually was with Orlando.
nerd.gif

Or it's the exact opposite and nostalgia is clouding the minds of people. I mean, we have people in here talking about how T-Mac could be a top 3-5 player ever.

Honestly, anyone that thinks KD is better than T-Mac in his prime is either a fanboy or delusional.

It's really not even close
I'm actually pretty stunned at some of these comments.  KD is a better defender?  
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm done

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I think its been awhile & some people forgot how good McGrady actually was with Orlando.
nerd.gif
I agree.
I guess this shows how some people really think Durant is some God on here. TMac could score at will and in so many ways. There are only about two things I would give Durant the edge over TMac in: work ethic and efficiency. Saying Durant is a better defender than TMac isn't really saying much. Durant still isn't a good defender. He's decent. 

TMAC was better.

Durant is great but he has some holes. Makes up for it with his garbage reggie miller flop. gets a free 6 points every games

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Honestly, anyone that thinks KD is better than T-Mac in his prime is either a fanboy or delusional.

It's really not even close
I'm actually pretty stunned at some of these comments.  KD is a better defender?  
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm done
McGrady didn't really even start to come into his own until his 4th season in the league, and Durant just finished his. How do we know what Kevin Durant is going to be? How about you let KD have a prime and then discuss it, but until then, let's take a rest on the comparisons.

Kevin Durant is having the career Carmelo was supposed to have...LOL @ the tmac talk. He could score like crazy when he was healthy but that's about it. I'd put him in the same place with Isiah Rider, Dominique Wilkins, tmac's cousin Vince Carter...Awesome scorers but thier teams never really went anywhere...

Here we go with the TMAC never made it to the 2nd round jokes. As if it is his fault. We have been down this road before, I won't even bother.

But this is a very good comparison considered KD modeled his game after TMAC and ........................ DerMarr Johnson.

Originally Posted by wttm

im a huge durant fan but i think TMac was still better. his game was effortless,
Effortless, it really bothers me when people use this as an argument point. I know this was not your WHOLE argument and I removed some of your post. But you can't possibly use "appearance of effort/smoothness factor" as a check point.

tmac is the Christina Aguilera of the nba. It's like damn, we know you can do the vocal rolls but can you just sit back & sing without all those vocal rolls? tmac could score & make it look easy like someone else said but can you will your team to win? Can you set up a teammate to score, play some D & lock someone up, etc? One dimensional to me...

why can't we just appreciate a talent as it arrives? this isn't a contest about who can be the greatest first.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Here we go with the TMAC never made it to the 2nd round jokes. As if it is his fault. We have been down this road before, I won't even bother.

But this is a very good comparison considered KD modeled his game after TMAC and ........................ DerMarr Johnson.

It is.

This is basketball not football bro.

5 men, only 1 needs to be amazing.

Lebron - CAVS

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

why can't we just appreciate a talent as it arrives? this isn't a contest about who can be the greatest first.
Sports invites these barbershop type discussions/arguements. It's all in good fun (at least on my part)...

Y'all really think Durant was taking those Magic teams places that T-Mac wasn't? I certainly don't see it.  I think Durant will undoubtewdly have a better career and surpass T-Mac in all-around ability sooner than later but I don't think he is there yet.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

It is.

This is basketball not football bro.

5 men, only 1 needs to be amazing.

Lebron - CAVS
You do know who his teammates were in Orlando?

You do know who he lost to in the playoffs while in Houston?

Again, him doing what he did, how is it is fault? It is a team sport man.

LeBron - Cavs? What did they do exactly? Nothing from what I recall.

KG took a while to make it out of the first round as well, so it was his fault before that point? Of course not.

T mac
pimp.gif

my one cousin could imitate his jumper and lazy eye perfectly, used to have me weak
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Y'all really think Durant was taking those Magic teams places that T-Mac wasn't? I certainly don't see it.  I think Durant will undoubtewdly have a better career and surpass T-Mac in all-around ability sooner than later but I don't think he is there yet.
Those abilities T-Mac had were natural. You can't teach somebody court vision and ball handling like that. Talent wise T-Mac is very rare. 

Chadleroy wrote:
airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Those abilities T-Mac had were natural. You can't teach somebody court vision and ball handling like that. Talent wise T-Mac is very rare. 
Me and my boy were talking about this a while ago. With the natural talent Mac and Vince had, we have to wonder just how far these guys would have gone if they had the work ethic of Mike or Kobe. In their prime, Mac and Vince were dropping 25-30 + points with ease, and were known to be guys that did not have superstar work ethic.

Back
Top Bottom