Why aren't wooden bats used in College Baseball?? Metal bats FTL

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

1. The cost of wood bats that break.

2. Would you ever watch college baseball if the scores weren't high?

agreed

metal bats = more home runs, more hits, more points

smh.gif
at any baseball "fan" who calls a score a point.

Originally Posted by vctry20

College ball is usually the only place where players on the level use metal bats. Most summer leagues that collegiate players play in are wood bat leagues

No players jump from college to the big stage either, they go through rookie league and farm systems, that is where they learn to use wood. I like the metal bats just because it makes college baseball more exciting.
Hit it right on the head. There is a reason there is a whole minor league system in Baseball and why players don't go straight from highschool or college to the big leagues. That is your valid reason why they don't use wood in college, plus it gets EXPENSIVE to keep replacing wood bats.When you don't earn a salary in college and your athletic department might not have that funding it only makes sense to use Aluminum.

im all for metal bats in the mlb.

what makes sports exciting? scoring.

increasing scoring = increasing viewership = increasing revenue.

They could engineer bats for the MLB that didn't go as far - but there's probably no point as it's easier to use wood instead. Cost isn't anissue for the majors obviously.

Once in awhile bats goes in the crowd, imagine if a metal bat go in the crowd. Someone will get hurt. Metal bats in the MLB is a bad idea. Too many HRsespecially players with no power. hottong

It's about the cost. To supply each player with a certain number of wooden bats throughout the season would be OD expensive. Instead, just one or two metalbats do the job and last for a long time.

If MLB used metal bats.. it would be a joke. Imagine Pujols swinging a lighter 34/30 metal bat. The ball would be GONE.

Pitchers would have to wear hockey masks and chest protectors.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

im all for metal bats in the mlb.

what makes sports exciting? scoring.

increasing scoring = increasing viewership = increasing revenue.
grin.gif

i'd rather watch a great pitching matchup than a slugfest. it'll never happen anyways, i don't know why people bring this up.

i prefer metal bats...instead of steroids, the MLB would get what they wanted from metal bats.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

1. The cost of wood bats that break.

2. Would you ever watch college baseball if the scores weren't high?

agreed

metal bats = more home runs, more hits, more points

smh.gif
at any baseball "fan" who calls a score a point.
smh.gif
at any baseball "fan" who calls a run a score.

Back
Top Bottom