Why be Moral?

At the end of the day I'm sure we've all come to the conclusion on life not being fair, so why not rig it to your advantage while you can? If you can? 

Peep history, Chris Rock spoke on it in one of his standups on how the rules change once ppl who did it first have already accumulated some type of wealth...All these wealthy families in the world started out as nothing more than criminals when you break it down...bootleggers, slave trade, etc...fast forward to the future when others(People of color) want to come up and make a name for themselves and build wealth for their families and all of a sudden you see ppl going to prison for the remainder of their lives and watching families crumble because of it. 

Last edited:
What about the ppl that do not believe in souls and that other stuff? Are they the ones that "aren't us"?

I'm trying to figure who is the "them" in this "us" viewpoint you have.

Us = most people that do mostly good and aren't out strictly in the pursuit of power and wealth over all else, no matter the cost to others. Those people have souls imo, whether or not they are spiritual, religious or care about that sort of stuff.

Them = serial killers, child molesters, people that turn humans against humans, manipulators, war mongers, enslavers, etc. They are fully aware that they aren't like the others and hate or only use people to satisfy their wants.

I believe that people with souls can be manipulated and/or seduced into thinking they can be like soulless beings and in the end have a lot of regret.
Ok going with this frame work, you gotta know the us greatly outnumbers the them. Take out the clear sick in the head criminals (pedophiles, enslavers) and those that lack a conscience or most emotions (sociopaths, psychopaths/serial killers) the rest tend to end up in positions of power (manipulators, war mongers, etc.)

Still unclear what this soul entails of but it kinda makes sense that if you approach things with logic how the "us" can be convinced by the "them" before you even get to manipulating their emotions when it comes to a philosophical viewpoint on morality. It's really just about how you view society and where it's going and what you decide your role is when interacting with them.

Back
Top Bottom