Why come there is such a Stubborn view on nike air and the jumpman

I just wanna know why so many people complain about retros not having nike air. dont get me wrong i would like to see it to, Buts its Jordan brand and i think he wants it that way. I get excited when i see new pics of 3s and 4s and any other retro 3-13. But i know they wont change it cause its Jordan Brand. if we wanna see nike air again why dont we complain to nike who first made the shoes, the 12s started jordan brand. so any retro after those should be on point. But to recreate a shoe ur brand didnt design and create originally may be difficult may explain why shapes and quality is off. i think as of 2000 more vet niketalkers should know that Nike air probrably will never grace another Jordan unless Nike itself retros them. Dont wanna get bashed but why complain

The amount of complaining about how jordans are made today, in general is beyond pathetic. Forget just the nike sign.

I don't get it either....I'm 36 so I've had Jordans with AND without 'Nike Air', and it's just not that big of a deal to me.

it's probably just the OG feel of having Nike Air on the back. not really as big of deal as everyone is saying.

Nostalgia is a big reason. People want to see OG colored retros the way they were intended. At first they only started removing the "Nike Air" logos on Retro+ colorways...Then they shocked the world and Jumpman Branded EVERYTHING. It's honestly a never ending argument in which we'll never get a straight answer from Nike/JB. They do it because they can. Of course if I had my wish I'd like them to go back to
"Nike Air". However, like many others it's something that I've come to accept and no longer let it bother me.

Beacause the shoe (III-VI) was designed to have NIKE AIR on the back, if Tinker wanted a jumpman he probably would've made the backpieces of the shoes totally different. Its like rippin out Mona Lisas nose and addin Pinocchio's. It just look so damn lame , esp on the VI's, that tiny jumpman with that phony "air" underneath. I know most ppl dont give a sh*t anymore , but to me the III-VI will always be a NIKE shoe , still to this day i dont get how Nike just gave it away to Jordan like it was nothin..even thou Nike gains profit from JB they would've made alot more by keepin those shoes for themselves.

i also would welcome the return of the nike
logos on any aj 1 to 6 no matter outside, insole
or outsole while its absolutely ok to have
jumpmans replacing the nike logo
if the colorway is a new one anyway.
but actually i can accept and tolerate
that logo change issue.
what i hate are changing design elements
like the different lace holes on the
8 and 9, reversed jumpman on 11 since
the dmp 11, shiny toe tip of the 2003
7, red/black lining on any 2 white/black retros
since 2005. change of colorblocking or colortones
on various og colorway retros.

i dislike any changes to an original

a lot of you today grew up with both, you have been hard-wired to like & accept
both as equivalent

people who grew up liking original jordans prefer the way they looked originally

how big a deal and all that is debatable

all this even before quality enters into the discussion & the symbolism of the nike air

i don't mind the jumpman on the back of III-V but the way they did it in the VI is just so wrong. the NA was originally really fat and large, whereas the jumpman air is so small and that font on air is horrible.

I just think the feel of the og's were raw and hard and the retros are way more subtle much like how mj is today. the brand really does reflect the man.

I never understood this, if I was trying to create my own shoe and my logo came to the point where its recognized almost as mush as the nike logo itself, im going to use my logo until the end of time, i cant believe yall get so distraught by this, its Jordan Brand not nike

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

Beacause the shoe (III-VI) was designed to have NIKE AIR on the back, if Tinker wanted a jumpman he probably would've made the backpieces of the shoes totally different. Its like rippin out Mona Lisas nose and addin Pinocchio's. It just look so damn lame , esp on the VI's, that tiny jumpman with that phony "air" underneath. I know most ppl dont give a sh*t anymore , but to me the III-VI will always be a NIKE shoe , still to this day i dont get how Nike just gave it away to Jordan like it was nothin..even thou Nike gains profit from JB they would've made alot more by keepin those shoes for themselves.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

I never understood this, if I was trying to create my own shoe and my logo came to the point where its recognized almost as mush as the nike logo itself, im going to use my logo until the end of time, i cant believe yall get so distraught by this, its Jordan Brand not nike

Because THEY ARE NIKE SHOES , Jordan brand can focus on the shoes they created after the Brand got independent...oh wait a minute , its because of the products Nike created back then Jordan Brand still exists , erase the I-XIII and JB can say goodbye , just face it , Nike basketball created the success we are seeing today over 20 yrs ago. 

i like Nikes, and the jumpman is cool but it seems kinda lame since its supposed to be its own company but it uses its parent company's tech, i really dont care if it says Nike or has the Jumpman on the back just let them be legit

Originally Posted by ijapino

Nostalgia is a big reason. People want to see OG colored retros the way they were intended. At first they only started removing the "Nike Air" logos on Retro+ colorways...Then they shocked the world and Jumpman Branded EVERYTHING. 
Bingo!
The thing is that first gen JB consumers like myself are now the grumpy old men of the shoe industry.  We remember
the durable quality leathers of the OG Jordan releases, the space aged tech that went into each shoe, and the direct relationship between the shoes and the championships.  Those days are long over.  Sure there were issues with glue, paint, and shoe molding back then.   But if you've never held an OG release in your hand and compared it to what was on shelves during that era, then you will [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]never[/color] understand. 

The complaining stems from the decline in quality that we witnessed first-hand over the years.  It's the same complaining that you hear other grumpy old men like us complaining about the quality of cars, housing, ect.
The pinnacle of sneaker quality is associated with the Nike Air log, not with the Jumpman logo.  Delusional consumers trying to hang onto a piece of their childhood feel that the return of the Nike Air logo would automatically imply a return in the original quality. In this profit driven economy we know that this will never happen, but like the Grumpy Old men that JB has turned us into we forever complain.

Just think how crazy a series like the BIN 23 would be with ORIGINAL colorways with premium materials and the return of NIKE AIR ( i.e the Banned 1s), they can even call it a NIKE X Jordan Brand collaboration to keep JBs ego intact.

laugh.gif
at "why come"
roll.gif

I basically think it looks better, it's how they were initially designed. Naturally I want it to look as original as possible.

I love the Nike Air on III-VI! It looks cool and all, but it's not that serious.
If they put Nike Air on the back of the shoes and the quality is still subpar, I wouldn't be happy at all.
People are acting like if they put Nike Air back on the shoes that the quality will magically become better. 
laugh.gif

Quality > Logo(s).

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Because THEY ARE NIKE SHOES , Jordan brand can focus on the shoes they created after the Brand got independent...oh wait a minute , its because of the products Nike created back then Jordan Brand still exists , erase the I-XIII and JB can say goodbye , just face it , Nike basketball created the success we are seeing today over 20 yrs ago. 

Back then it was Nike, now its Jordan Brand. Plus they pay homage to Nike every time a retro 1 is released. I think the nike air does look better but im not going to let that be the deciding factor in purchasing a pair of j's, we have other issues to worry about, like quality?

Back
Top Bottom