Why do interviewers waste peoples' time?

^^ They probably tested X amount of candidates because they'd be assed out if they only tested the one candidate they wanted to hire and the test came back positive.

^^ They probably tested X amount of candidates because they'd be assed out if they only tested the one candidate they wanted to hire and the test came back positive.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

br>
Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Why bother calling people in if you don't plan on hiring them in the first place?
how do you know this for a fact?
Because i was called in for a drug test? When an employer calls you in for that, 9 times outta 10 you got the job.

Apparently not.

Getting called back for a drug test doesn't signify you got the job in anyway. It's just the next step of the interview process. Passing the drug and background test just keeps you in the running. It doesn't get you the job.

Stop crying about your time being wasted and just do better on your interviews. Hiring managers aren't out to waste your time...or more importantly...their time. They're job is to hire the best candidate. If they thought you were the best candidate, they would've hired you.

br>

Why bother calling people in if you don't plan on hiring them in the first place?
Because i was called in for a drug test? When an employer calls you in for that, 9 times outta 10 you got the job.

Apparently not.

Getting called back for a drug test doesn't signify you got the job in anyway. It's just the next step of the interview process. Passing the drug and background test just keeps you in the running. It doesn't get you the job.

Stop crying about your time being wasted and just do better on your interviews. Hiring managers aren't out to waste your time...or more importantly...their time. They're job is to hire the best candidate. If they thought you were the best candidate, they would've hired you.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

br>

Apparently not.

So it's my fault now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

br>

Apparently not.

So it's my fault now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

br>

Apparently not.

So it's my fault now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yes. Stop *****ing about your time being wasted. Do better on your interview. Complaining isn't going to get you a job.

Chances are, they don't give a damn about your time anyway.

You can always choose NOT to go to the interview. I mean since your time is so valuable why even bother with the interview right?

br>

Apparently not.

So it's my fault now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yes. Stop *****ing about your time being wasted. Do better on your interview. Complaining isn't going to get you a job.

You can always choose NOT to go to the interview. I mean since your time is so valuable why even bother with the interview right?

so you're the 1 out of 10..
...in the end they went in a different direction that meets their business needs

frustrating.. yes.  But that's how it is.

...in the end they went in a different direction that meets their business needs

br>

Apparently not.

So it's my fault now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

there is no "fault" 
they didn't hire you b/c you didn't fit their needs.

br>

Apparently not.

So it's my fault now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

there is no "fault" 
they didn't hire you b/c you didn't fit their needs.

eh, to my knowledge, a company is only going to foot a bill for a background and drug test once they're already gonna hire you...

having ALL candidates do those things IS a HUGE waste of time and resources

i mean, do they make applicants fill out tax information and direct deposit forms, too?

i always thought taking a drug test means you're hired barring a failed drug test...

*shrugs*

eh, to my knowledge, a company is only going to foot a bill for a background and drug test once they're already gonna hire you...

having ALL candidates do those things IS a HUGE waste of time and resources

i mean, do they make applicants fill out tax information and direct deposit forms, too?

i always thought taking a drug test means you're hired barring a failed drug test...

*shrugs*

yeah i never had a interview

places i went to hire me on the spot

but i know ima be done forsure if i ever do interview

i dont even have " interview clothing "
laugh.gif

yeah i never had a interview

places i went to hire me on the spot

but i know ima be done forsure if i ever do interview

i dont even have " interview clothing "
laugh.gif

Hell I got led on over the phone SAYING I was going to get called in for an interview, at least you got there, and the 2 jobs sounded like they paid decent as well. Most people cant even make it to step one.

Hell I got led on over the phone SAYING I was going to get called in for an interview, at least you got there, and the 2 jobs sounded like they paid decent as well. Most people cant even make it to step one.

OP keep ur head up man, bout 2 months ago I was internal and applied for the job, aced the interview and was offered the position and accepted. a week before I was suppose to had started....HR tells my would be new supervisor they messed up initially and I wasnt even "qualified" for the position...one of the sickest moments for me....when I finally convinced myself that I had really landed the gig that $%&^%happens!!...

i didnt wanna get too hype about it till i officially started working cuz I was still skeptical from when I initially applied and thought I didnt qualify myself but ya know I went along with everything and thought hell i made it ya know...and then boom! smh

I was pissed, government and stupid civil service rules FTL!! If thats even the truth to what happened...sum ppl tell me other employees may have filed a grievance over the hiring
eek.gif
devil.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

OP keep ur head up man, bout 2 months ago I was internal and applied for the job, aced the interview and was offered the position and accepted. a week before I was suppose to had started....HR tells my would be new supervisor they messed up initially and I wasnt even "qualified" for the position...one of the sickest moments for me....when I finally convinced myself that I had really landed the gig that $%&^%happens!!...

i didnt wanna get too hype about it till i officially started working cuz I was still skeptical from when I initially applied and thought I didnt qualify myself but ya know I went along with everything and thought hell i made it ya know...and then boom! smh

I was pissed, government and stupid civil service rules FTL!! If thats even the truth to what happened...sum ppl tell me other employees may have filed a grievance over the hiring
eek.gif
devil.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

Had 2 interviews over the last month and didn't get either gig.

First gig was a tech support position at a Sporting Goods store(paragon sports in NYC) Interview went great, passed the drug test & the background check. The outcome? I was "over qualified" for the position. You knew that the minute you saw my resume...why waste my time?

Second was a systems engineer position at NBC studios. Interview went cool. Didn't know a few things but made it certain i was more than willing to learn beyond the books. Interviewer seemed to like me and set me up for my background check and drug test. Both came back clean. The outcome? They decided to hire someone within the company. Why not hire within in the first place?

Why bother calling people in if you don't plan on hiring them in the first place? Any hiring managers on here want to chime in?
they do this to save money. agency costs, health care, benefits, etc....instead of hiring a new person, simply move someone from within the company to another position, a small raise, and same package/benefits...saves them thousands.

Had 2 interviews over the last month and didn't get either gig.

First gig was a tech support position at a Sporting Goods store(paragon sports in NYC) Interview went great, passed the drug test & the background check. The outcome? I was "over qualified" for the position. You knew that the minute you saw my resume...why waste my time?

Second was a systems engineer position at NBC studios. Interview went cool. Didn't know a few things but made it certain i was more than willing to learn beyond the books. Interviewer seemed to like me and set me up for my background check and drug test. Both came back clean. The outcome? They decided to hire someone within the company. Why not hire within in the first place?

Why bother calling people in if you don't plan on hiring them in the first place? Any hiring managers on here want to chime in?
they do this to save money. agency costs, health care, benefits, etc....instead of hiring a new person, simply move someone from within the company to another position, a small raise, and same package/benefits...saves them thousands.

So you're the bitter serial job candidate now OP?

Change your attitude, pick it back up, and keep trying.
I know it's frustrating.  I remember traveling out of state for four different interviews in the same year
and not landing the job.  I kept trying and eventually landed something.
Don't give up.

I know it's frustrating.  I remember traveling out of state for four different interviews in the same year
Don't give up.

br>

Apparently not.

So it's my fault now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You DON'T know how i interviewed. Don't assume.

Telling me i'm overqualified for the position? They KNEW that when they saw my resume. Why call me in if that was the case? Calling me in for drug tests..for what?

Very frustrating. I'm not really mad i didn't get the job, i'm just mad i had to jump through hoops for nothing. For the NBC gig, i had to meet with 5 people + the drug test. That's multiple hours wasted and money lost for nothing.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

eek.gif
devil.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
Sorry to hear that dude.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Don't give up.
Bitter? nah my dude...a lil pissed, though since i value my time more than anything. The first job i had in the bag or at least i thought. Interviewer loved me and seemed to want to hire me..why tell me later on "we think you know a little too much". Makes no sense. You saw from my resume i was a little over qualified for this position. Maybe she thought i was bluffing and called me in to see if it were true? who knows.

Back
Top Bottom