Why do people say McGrady is so much better than Carter?

I love watching them, and they're exciting when they're on the floor.

But I hate them as people and as athletes, they don't have any passion for the game.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Quote:
T Mac is better but I think both are vastly overrated

Agree with this...

Quote:
T Mac is slow for his position and his individual defense is lacking imo
TEAMMARVEL
With great power comes great responsibility
teamautobot
T R A N S F O R M E R S

Are you Ladiesman217?​

Quote:
thats like saying kobe can be jordan if he wants to

um scoring wise he can. if he puts his mind to scoring, he can score like jordan. that's the same thing i said w/ tmac. if he just focused on being a PG, he can be magic-like if u saw how he did both scoring and passing last yr. that does not mean he is anywhere as good as magic in terms of passing. i said he can play like magic.

Tmac has to play agaisnt spurs and dallas on a nightly bases. The rockets still get 50+ wins....
Nets...uh....

Tmac > VC by 10 miles.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

VC definitely has the talent to be the best player in the league, but he's too soft and doesn't care enough to put in the work needed...
When your girl don't call you when you beep her
and you hit it and her thing feel deeper...
Say my name
-Team RealTalk-

Quote:
to say that one is extremely superior over the other is ridiculous, they're both on the same level in almost every aspect.

i think people hold their own expectations of carter against him. his first 3 years, there was no ceiling to his game & people feel hurt that he didn't fulfill his potential.

Mac is better hands down

Plus T mac played pg last year in early season instead of Skip sometimes.

Quote:
How are people still saying Vince is soft after he has missed like 5 games the past 3 years due to injury?

& ESPECIALLY in a McGrady comparison with McGrady's back issues??

Being soft has nothing to do with injury. If you got a sprained ankle and play, you arent not soft.

Being soft is a mindset, scared of contact and to get physical

Put Tmac in the Toronto/Nets team....He would've gotten that team into the finals....
Put Vince in Houston...Houston doesn't win 50+

Put Houston in Eastern Conference....they make finals
Put Nets in Western Conference....7-8 spot at best then they get sweeped

Give Vince back problems...decent all-star player
Get rid of Tmac's back problems....top 5 player

Switch Alston and Kidd....T-Mac's stats much better and team much better....Nets are decent eastern conference team

Well that's all my opinion....Also T-Mac definitely plays with more heart than Vince...T-Mac also ain't nearly as soft as VC

TeamClippers

Quote:
Youngest player to reach 15,000 point tonight (needs atleast 6 to tie)
Can become the youngest to get 20,000...(don't mean to get ahead of myself, but could be worth mentioningwhen
TeamClippers

i thought player A > player B threads were disallowed.

and with all that "youngest" talk - don't forget that t-mac and kb came into the league out of high school. vince did a couple years at carolina (and i still regret passing on his unc jersey back then 'cause i was looking for antawn's. :smh:
smh.gif

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

i agree with choiboi46..

anyways, on the statement regarding t-mac being like Magic if he has too. Well, i dont think so. But he IS a great passer/playmaker and he can be close to Magic. Jeff Van Gundy and Rick Adelman BOTH have raved about his passing ability. I dont remember who, but one of them said that T-Mac is only second to Nash in passing, etc. T-Mac's got great vision. He's an underrated passer.

Anyways, i think t-mac is greater than vince. T-mac is way greater in every aspect except dunking. And as of now, i think neither will be hall of famers. And dont get me wrong. I am a BIG mac fan. but if one has to be picked between the two, i think Vince's chances are higher. The dude's the greatest dunker of all time. If dominique wilkins became a hall of famer without getting a ring, then i think Vince can too..

Their careers arent finish yet. And i think at the end, T-mac will accomplish a lot more stuff than vince..

By the way, the old scoring t-mac who can hiccup 25+ to 30+ points a game is back.

Quote:
Put Tmac in the Toronto/Nets team....He would've gotten that team into the finals....

Switch Alston and Kidd....T-Mac's stats much better and team much better....Nets are decent eastern conference team

Well that's all my opinion....Also T-Mac definitely plays with more heart than Vince...T-Mac also ain't nearly as soft as VC....
New Jersey NetsMore Than A Game#1 Marcus Williams#2 Josh Boone#5 Jason Kidd - C#7 Bostjan Nachbar#11 Darrell Armstrong#30 Malik Allen#12 Nenad Krstic#15 Vince Carter#21 Antoine Wright#24 Richard Jefferson#20 Jamaal Magloire#35 Jason Collins#51 Sean Williams

Quote:

Well that's all my opinion....Also T-Mac definitely plays with more heart than Vince...T-Mac also ain't nearly as soft as VC....

This doesn't make any sense and is also untrue.

Quote:
and put up the same scoring stats as vince
New Jersey NetsMore Than A Game#1 Marcus Williams#2 Josh Boone#5 Jason Kidd - C#7 Bostjan Nachbar#11 Darrell Armstrong#30 Malik Allen#12 Nenad Krstic#15 Vince Carter#21 Antoine Wright#24 Richard Jefferson#20 Jamaal Magloire#35 Jason Collins#51 Sean Williams

^ tmac had to do what jkidd half of the game last yr for the rox and then score the other half when he's on the floor. do u know how taxing that can be? he had the highest usage rating of any ball player last yr, that included kobe, bron, wade, iverson who have the ball a lot too.

and look at him this year where he has to do very little playmaking.

i don't think vince can handle the playmaking role as well.

^ as a superstar. tmac was a rising star in toronto.

but who cares, until tmac wins, who the hell cares?

i do think that t-mac is a better player.

BUT lets not act like he aint soft either, pause

remember when he was about to retire becuase he was scared of zone defense?

:lol:
laugh.gif
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Quote:
remember when he was about to retire becuase he was scared of zone defense?
:D
happy.gif
. that team had zero shooters and when u zone in on a single player, zone can suck.

^ they knew tmac was going to be good all-star type, but not superstar good. they offered him the max.

but tmac wanted to return home. nobody wants to stay in toronto. florida or toronto lemme think about it :rofl:
roll.gif

Quote:
but tmac wanted to return home. nobody wants to stay in toronto. florida or toronto lemme think about it
:wow:
eek.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Mcgrady is more of complete player. Carter is shell of what he used to be. The high flyer we all knew and loved has become a jumpshooter.
TeamClippers
It's not just a basketball team that needs you. It's an entire nation.​

Back
Top Bottom